• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R4: WSW v CCM @ Spotless

Timmah

R4-WSWCCM.png

Referee: Shaun Evans
Assistant Referees: Allyson Flynn & Owen Goldrick
Fourth Official: Luke Withell

819411657-1__2074970848.jpg

Western Sydney Wanderers: 1.Jerrad TYSON (gk), 2.Shannon COLE, 3.Jack CLISBY, 5.Brendan HAMILL, 6.Mitch NICHOLS, 7.Steve LUSTICA, 8.Dimas (c), 9.Kerem BULUT, 10.Nicolás MARTÍNEZ, 11.Brendon SANTALAB, 12.Scott NEVILLE, 13.Bruno PIÑATARES, 14.Jumpei, 15.Kearyn BACCUS, 17.Artiz BORDA, 18.Robbie CORNTHWAITE, 19.Jacob MELLING, 20.Andrew REDMAYNE (gk)
**two to be omitted**

Ins: 2.Shannon COLE (promoted), 19.Jacob MELLING (promoted) Outs: Nil
Unavailable: Nil

6300859.png

Central Coast Mariners: 1.Ivan NECEVSKI (gk), 2.Storm ROUX, 3.Scott GALLOWAY, 6.Blake POWELL, 7.Fabio FERREIRA, 8.Nick MONTGOMERY (c), 9.Roy O’DONOVAN, 10.Mickael TAVARES, 11.Connor PAIN, 12.Trent BUHAGIAR, 13.Kwabena APPIAH, 14.Adam BERRY, 16.Liam ROSE, 17.Josh BINGHAM, 19.Jacques FATY, 20.Paul IZZO (gk), 21.Michael NEILL, 22.Jake McGING **two to be omitted**

Ins: 13.Kwabena APPIAH (promoted), 16.Liam Rose (return from international duty) Outs: NIL
Unavailable: 23.Jake Adelson (ACL – indefinite), 4.Jacob POSCOLIERO (quad strain – 1 week)

---------------------------------------------------
Fixture History v Western Sydney Wanderers (A-League)
Matches 14 / Wanderers 6 / Drawn 4 / Mariners 4
Goals Scored 10 / Goals Conceded 15
Biggest Win: Mariners 2 Wanderers 0 at Allianz Stadium, 2012/13 Grand Final
Biggest Loss: Wanderers 4 Mariners 1 at Pirtek Stadium, 2015/16 Round 26

CCM at Spotless
Never played at venue​

Last edited:

Wombat

I expect at least a point from this game.
drive bys will be dirty as usual as they think we are soft.

Forum Phoenix

They're always dirty. Anti football. But effective. Was frustrating watching Roar gey away with it also last game against us - twice as many fouls against us and they could easily have had twice that again.

Really, if you target pain and fab and if the refs letting you get away with it (with no ten) - our attack and service to Roy is fouled into non existence at no cost.

Saw Rose back in camp yesterday. This will be our strongest lineup/bench yet if Galloway comes in - fab fitter - rose on bench etc.

I think if we continue to improve each week then we can get our first win. Love beating the drive bys.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
They ain't the same drive buys they used to be....if Fab, Connor and Roy can get their targeting locked, we're gonna get at least a point, but I'm thinking 3 will be the result for us

Timmah

This Saturday your Central Coast Mariners will head to Spotless Stadium to face Tony Popovic’s Western Sydney Wanderers and we have all the info you need to enjoy a trip to away.
How to get there safely

The Central Coast Mariners advise two methods of transport to Spotless Stadium due to trackwork on the Central Coast – Sydney train line. Coastal Liner chartered coaches or driving.

Coastal Liner

Thanks to Coastal Liner you can travel in comfort to and from Spotless Stadium with likeminded Mariners fans. This is the safest and most cost effective method of travel to the match. There will be two pick up and drop off locations:

• 4:45pm: Central Coast Mariners Centre of Excellence (bus stop outside)
  • 5:15pm Central Coast Leagues Club
To book please CLICK HERE or for more information call Coastal Liner on 4392 3049. Seats are $28 per person.

Car trip

If you’re planning on driving to Spotless Stadium there is parking available in P1 Sydney Olympic Car Park which is the closest walk to the stadium.

There is a flat rate of $25 per car but please be mindful of traffic delays both in and out of Sydney Olympic Park.

Pre-game meeting point

Thinking about grabbing a drink and bite to eat before heading into Spotless Stadium?

Mariners Members & fans are being advised that the best spot for a pre-game catch up is the Novotel bar in Sydney Olympic Park

How to purchase tickets

We want to make as much noise as possible and get behind Paolo’s Mariners! Central Coast Mariners supporters are encouraged to sit together and buy tickets into the ‘Away Active Bay’ which is SECTION 237.

CLICK HERE to purchase tickets now.

For any more information regarding this weekend’s match against Western Sydney Wanderers, please call the Central Coast Mariners on 4353 7200 or e-mail at info@ccmariners.com.au

Match Details
Hyundai A-League 2016/17 – Round 4
Saturday 29 October 2016
Western Sydney Wanderers vs. Central Coast Mariners
Venue: Spotless Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park
kick-off: 7:50pm (AEDT)
Official hash-tags: #WSWvCCM & #CCMFC
TV Broadcast: Fox Sports 505
Radio Broadcast: 96.3 Coast FM

Read more at http://www.ccmariners.com.au/articl...4fscmheza42n15dir66s9fv16#FLC0C5RFhlGHQESz.99

dibo

Continuing on the R3 theme...

I think the defence is drastically better - converting to goals at the front end is the concern. We looked listless near the 18 yard box

It might just be me, but I think we're going to have to think hard about the structure of our midfield.

Tavares has shown himself to be a very useful 'quarterback', but I think Powell is going to have to be more available and Monty's gonna have to use the ball better.

Our forward three has been disconnected from the rest of the side *except* when we've been able to either hit an 'out' ball to the wings and hit on the counter *or* we've been able to create an overload through a winger coming in and the fullback overlapping.

Most of the time when we're getting the ball wide, it feels like the pass is from a deeper area. We're unable to get effective forward passes from the centre of the field or beyond.

I can't help but feel like an experiment may be on the cards if that doesn't change soon, where perhaps we change shape a little bit to have two 10s rather than two 6s (and work out the defensive structure to suit) or even a diamond 4-4-2, or we swap Monty out for Rose or even Berry to take advantage of his better ball-playing. You're deliberately sacrificing some defensive stiffness, but if we don't score we don't win, no matter what.

nebakke

Continuing on the R3 theme...
It might just be me, but I think we're going to have to think hard about the structure of our midfield.

Definitely not just you - let's hope it's also Paulo though... I think it was fairly obvious that we were lacking a means of transporting the ball up through the middle - even Powell's attempts at getting anywhere near goal with the ball, seemed to come more from the wings than from the CDMs. To my mind, this only gets worse when you then look at how aggressively we've been playing Faty and Tavares... I actually think Faty may have had at least one shot on goal last weekend, but certainly he gets up very very far for a CB, signalling a pretty offensive mindset, I reckon. Bearing that in mind, it is a pretty strong indictment on the setup, that we couldn't barely make it out of our own half against Sydney.

I can't help but feel like an experiment may be on the cards if that doesn't change soon, where perhaps we change shape a little bit to have two 10s rather than two 6s (and work out the defensive structure to suit) or even a diamond 4-4-2, or we swap Monty out for Rose or even Berry to take advantage of his better ball-playing. You're deliberately sacrificing some defensive stiffness, but if we don't score we don't win, no matter what.

I sure hope we'll do something about it, preferably this weekend... Even if it involved giving it a go with Powell on the bench, Tavares at #10 and Rosie/Monty at CDM or something along those lines, just to try to inject a bit of creativity... Not that I'm convinced that moving Tavares away from CDM is the best idea - he's been doing well there I think.

Wasn't Berry sold as a CAM when he was signed?

Timmah

I think having Rose back is critical, and we'll see even more improvement over the next fortnight.

Big Al

This Saturday your Central Coast Mariners will head to Spotless Stadium to face Tony Popovic’s Western Sydney Wanderers and we have all the info you need to enjoy a trip to away.
How to get there safely

The Central Coast Mariners advise two methods of transport to Spotless Stadium due to trackwork on the Central Coast – Sydney train line. Coastal Liner chartered coaches or driving.

Coastal Liner

Thanks to Coastal Liner you can travel in comfort to and from Spotless Stadium with likeminded Mariners fans. This is the safest and most cost effective method of travel to the match. There will be two pick up and drop off locations:

• 4:45pm: Central Coast Mariners Centre of Excellence (bus stop outside)
  • 5:15pm Central Coast Leagues Club
To book please CLICK HERE or for more information call Coastal Liner on 4392 3049. Seats are $28 per person.

Car trip

If you’re planning on driving to Spotless Stadium there is parking available in P1 Sydney Olympic Car Park which is the closest walk to the stadium.

There is a flat rate of $25 per car but please be mindful of traffic delays both in and out of Sydney Olympic Park.

Pre-game meeting point

Thinking about grabbing a drink and bite to eat before heading into Spotless Stadium?

Mariners Members & fans are being advised that the best spot for a pre-game catch up is the Novotel bar in Sydney Olympic Park

How to purchase tickets

We want to make as much noise as possible and get behind Paolo’s Mariners! Central Coast Mariners supporters are encouraged to sit together and buy tickets into the ‘Away Active Bay’ which is SECTION 237.

CLICK HERE to purchase tickets now.

For any more information regarding this weekend’s match against Western Sydney Wanderers, please call the Central Coast Mariners on 4353 7200 or e-mail at info@ccmariners.com.au

Match Details
Hyundai A-League 2016/17 – Round 4
Saturday 29 October 2016
Western Sydney Wanderers vs. Central Coast Mariners
Venue: Spotless Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park
kick-off: 7:50pm (AEDT)
Official hash-tags: #WSWvCCM & #CCMFC
TV Broadcast: Fox Sports 505
Radio Broadcast: 96.3 Coast FM

Read more at http://www.ccmariners.com.au/articl...4fscmheza42n15dir66s9fv16#FLC0C5RFhlGHQESz.99
Is it just my iPad but had trouble last night and today
Do we need to put anything in for the away support?
Can't get a quantity of tickets to come up and last night said none available.
They also charging $33 for away vs $23 for GA? Rip off and with no trains and expensive parking to sit miles away from the pitch with the circle stadium I think I'll give it a miss. Was tempted but not for the costs

dibo

So buy GA? It's a 25k stadium that'll have 15k in it at most. There'll be plenty of GA seats available.

Timmah

Is it just my iPad but had trouble last night and today
Do we need to put anything in for the away support?
Can't get a quantity of tickets to come up and last night said none available.
They also charging $33 for away vs $23 for GA? Rip off and with no trains and expensive parking to sit miles away from the pitch with the circle stadium I think I'll give it a miss. Was tempted but not for the costs
Don't need to put anything in, just when the map comes up choose seats in 237 if you want to sit in the designated away bay. From Scum fan feedback though it's an awful viewing angle and you might be better off both viewing-wise and financially getting a GA ticket and finding somewhere else.

soccer mad

I feel Blake is struggling as provider , I'd like to see him pair with Odonavan , and restructure the mid feild to feed both men who are both have pace to burn and could do some damage .

priorpeter

Questioning my life choices after taking a job in hospitality. Rostered on to work this weekend, but geez I'm having a big case of FOMO after also missing last game. Dilemmas.

Last edited:

sydmariner

Don't need to put anything in, just when the map comes up choose seats in 237 if you want to sit in the designated away bay. From Scum fan feedback though it's an awful viewing angle and you might be better off both viewing-wise and financially getting a GA ticket and finding somewhere else.
this is the away bay view14680681_1429385800422839_7929931228767120486_n.jpg

Last edited:

Timmah

A supporter who knows the ground well from attending Giants games claims that's not quite the view from the bay

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred