• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R3: CCM v Brisbane @ Gosford

Timmah

Why?

I know we've had a shit couple of seasons but the teeth grinding is so, so tiresome. Okon inherited a team not of his making and is changing structures, trying to instill confidence and it's not going to happen overnight. There have been a number of obvious improvements on last season and while the back-passing stuff is hard to watch I am of the firm belief that this is an actual re-build.

The key thing I felt we lacked yesterday was finesse in the final third - our attack turned to mud once we approached the 18 yard box.

Forum Phoenix

Confused by your "Why" Timmah? Was that regarding AM's "it's a real worry post?" Seems like the consensus on here is pretty positive and along the lines of what you just said?

nebakke

Also the referee was incompetent, not biased, not a cheat, just incompetent.

Yeah - we were talking after the game, about the frustration that we lost some excellent opportunities because the ref f**ked - not the last of them being the failure to play advantage when Trent got away - headed for a 1 on 1 with Theo.
Anyway the real frustration is that while we can argue that it cost us the game at least the guy was consistently dross in both directions - we were just unfortunate that it ended up costing us more.

Timmah

Confused by your "Why" Timmah? Was that regarding AM's "it's a real worry post?" Seems like the consensus on here is pretty positive and along the lines of what you just said?
I wasn't reading in context but that is the post I was responding to. Without the preceeding posts I hadn't read it looked rather negative. My bad!

Wombat

I wasn't reading in context but that is the post I was responding to. Without the preceeding posts I hadn't read it looked rather negative. My bad!

Yeah.
You have to do better Timmah.
Poor form.........just stirring u Timmah.

Last edited:

style_cafe

I for one hate us playing the Roar.
They`ve had the wood on us for years & we`ve copped so many bad decisions against them..
However, last night I came away from the game pretty happy with the improvement.

The ball movement was a lot quicker than the SFC game, it also seemed to me that we had some purpose as well.
The defence was also a lot tighter with Faty having a pretty decent game.
Neil & McGing struggled in the first half but McGing played his way out of it a lot quicker than Neil, who improved vastly in the second half

I would imagine that Okon has worked the boys hard in defence over the past week, as that was where most of the improvement seemed to be.
Tavares had a very good game & was my MOM.
Not sure what has happened to Monty. He`s not playing his usual game & I think he may be struggling to play the Okon way.
In saying that he`s a pro & he`ll adjust soon.

I wasn`t overly keen seeing Izzo in goals ( he scares the crap out of me) but the way Ivan played last week he had to go, so full marks To PO.

Overall the improvement was good & noticeable. It`ll take a while but we`re on the right track.

The pre-match was ok.
A good interview by SM with Posco. (who`ll be out for a few weeks).
I had my first & last 6 Strings Pale Ale, it`s now officially taken over as the worst beer I`ve ever tasted.
Although being a tight-arse & paying $5.90 for it I did manage to consume 3/4 before I tipped it out.

A few other things on the match day "experience" just as feedback.
1) Don`t have the first beer poured from the keg, I had to return that as it was only just better than the 6 Strings.
2) $17- for 2 beers & a pkt of Chips won`t win too many friends
3) The coffee guy can shove his $4.50 1/2 a cup of luke warm coffee up his arse.
4) Is the time-clock on the screen even smaller this season? I couldn`t see it last year but a lot of people around me were complaining as well.
5) Did we have a march out song? or a ground announcer? We could hear either of them from the back of bay 24.

Gee , I`m glad I enjoyed the game...:popcorn:

Wombat

I for one hate us playing the Roar.
They`ve had the wood on us for years & we`ve copped so many bad decisions against them..
However, last night I came away from the game pretty happy with the improvement.

The ball movement was a lot quicker than the SFC game, it also seemed to me that we had some purpose as well.
The defence was also a lot tighter with Faty having a pretty decent game.
Neil & McGing struggled in the first half but McGing played his way out of it a lot quicker than Neil, who improved vastly in the second half

I would imagine that Okon has worked the boys hard in defence over the past week, as that was where most of the improvement seemed to be.
Tavares had a very good game & was my MOM.
Not sure what has happened to Monty. He`s not playing his usual game & I think he may be struggling to play the Okon way.
In saying that he`s a pro & he`ll adjust soon.

I wasn`t overly keen seeing Izzo in goals ( he scares the crap out of me) but the way Ivan played last week he had to go, so full marks To PO.

Overall the improvement was good & noticeable. It`ll take a while but we`re on the right track.

The pre-match was ok.
A good interview by SM with Posco. (who`ll be out for a few weeks).
I had my first & last 6 Strings Pale Ale, it`s now officially taken over as the worst beer I`ve ever tasted.
Although being a tight-arse & paying $5.90 for it I did manage to consume 3/4 before I tipped it out.

A few other things on the match day "experience" just as feedback.
1) Don`t have the first beer poured from the keg, I had to return that as it was only just better than the 6 Strings.
2) $17- for 2 beers & a pkt of Chips won`t win too many friends
3) The coffee guy can shove his $4.50 1/2 a cup of luke warm coffee up his arse.
4) Is the time-clock on the screen even smaller this season? I couldn`t see it last year but a lot of people around me were complaining as well.
5) Did we have a march out song? or a ground announcer? We could hear either of them from the back of bay 24.

Gee , I`m glad I enjoyed the game...:popcorn:

I had a 6 string pale ale at Iggy's last sunday...................absolute piss.......got half down...............impossible to finish.......farking disgusting beer!!!!

dibo

It's a little bland, but disgusting? If drink it over the standard domestic draughts any day.

nebakke

It's a little bland, but disgusting? If drink it over the standard domestic draughts any day.

I'm rather partial to the six string actually.... Certainly better than the Northern whatsits p*ss they're selling at the stadium now... I'd prefer a bloody Tooheys over that stuff.

Forum Phoenix

Is there anything you two don't disagree on? :piralaugh:
I think some savvy TV producer should pay you both good coin to live together for 6 months and film it. Though it may well become a snuff film.

Oh and if we're talking match day experience, all half time and then i lasted 8 minutes into the second half before I abandoned the coffee line. Saw a lot of people walk away. If CCM does get stadium rights, one to improve and make a few extra dollars from.

Wombat

Bland it definitely wasn't. Corona is bland. I drink Tooheys Old so I like a bit of flavour.....this stuff was just horrible. Maybe some of their other brews are better?
Now I had a few pints of Kilkenny on the Gold Coast at some Irish pub and that was superb beer!

Last edited:

Leigh

Adelaide won't come second and Victory won't finish above City.

Mate with the amount of chances Adelaide create, they're going to do well.

Victory won't be above City? Really? Because of one game? Because they have Cahill? We'll see.

Wombat

Mate with the amount of chances Adelaide create, they're going to do well.

Victory won't be above City? Really? Because of one game? Because they have Cahill? We'll see.

Want to have a wager on City v Victory?

yorkshireman

I said it last year and the same stands now.... People cannot hear the band playing at the start, we NEED to have the song recorded and blasted out over the tannoy so the band can play along and people can hear it WITH THE WORDS!!!!!!!! Otherwise, this will never take off

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred