• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R3: CCM v Brisbane @ Gosford

Timmah

CCMBRI-R3.png

Referee: Adam Fielding
Assistant Referees: Ryan Gallagher & Scott Edeling
Fourth Official: Stephen Lucas

6300859.png

Central Coast Mariners: 1.Ivan NECEVSKI (gk), 2.Storm ROUX, 6.Blake POWELL, 7.Fabio FERREIRA, 8.Nick MONTGOMERY (c), 9.Roy O’DONOVAN, 10.Mickael TAVARES, 11.Connor PAIN, 12.Trent BUHAGIAR, 13.Kwabena APPIAH, 14.Adam BERRY, 15.Brad McDONALD, 17.Josh BINGHAM, 19.Jacques FATY, 20.Paul IZZO (gk), 21.Michael NEILL, 22.Jake McGING, 25.Ryan PETERSON
**two to be omitted**

Ins:
7.Fabio FERREIRA (return from injury), 15.Brad McDONALD (promoted), 17.Josh BINGHAM (promoted); Outs: 4.Jacob POSCOLIERO (quad strain – 1 week)
Unavailable: 16.Liam Rose (international duty – 2 weeks), 23.Jake Adelson (ACL – indefinite)

6300664.png

Brisbane Roar squad: 1.Michael THEO (gk), 3.Luke DeVERE, 4.Daniel BOWLES, 5.Corey BROWN, 7.Thomas KRISTENSEN, 8.Jacob PEPPER, 9.Jamie MACLAREN, 10.Brett HOLMAN, 11.Tommy OAR, 13.Jade NORTH, 16.Nathan KONSTANDOPOULOS, 17.Matt MCKAY (c), 19.Jack HINGERT, 21.Jamie YOUNG (gk), 26.Nick D'AGOSTINO, 28.Brandon BORRELLO, 33.Joey KATEBIAN
**two to be omitted**

Ins: 17.Matt MCKAY (returns from suspension), 33.Joey KATEBIAN (promoted); Outs: Nil
Unavailable: 23.Dimitri PETRATOS (ankle – 1 week), 24.Connor O’TOOLE (international duty – 2 weeks)
---------------------------------------------------
Fixture History v Brisbane Roar (A-League)
Matches 40 / Brisbane 23 / Mariners 7 / Drawn 10
Goals Scored 49 / Goals Conceded 76
Biggest Win: Mariners 4 Roar 2 at Suncorp Stadium, 2008/09 Round 3
Biggest Loss: Roar 6 Mariners 1 at Suncorp Stadium, 2014/15 Round 24

Brisbane Roar at Gosford (all A-League games incl. finals)
Matches 19 / Wins 12 / Losses 2 / Drawn 5​

Last edited:

Big Al

Home game you say.

Southerly change due in the morning and chance of a bit of rain.

Must be true

The sign with next game at CCS has been up for a week or so and the traffic signs are advertising traffic delays for the game ( actually think this is one of the most effective advertising methods outside media avenues)

Big Al

Matt McKay should be back for them after his red card in rd1.

Let's see how we handle some pressure on our backs.

Gratis

I'm not confident but don't really care just happy the off season is over. Hope to see us showing some progress

Wombat

I f**king care. The scummers beat them 4.0. If we don't get a draw at least then we might be as bad as Fox tell us we are.

Forum Phoenix

Be so good to see a home win. But having watched every single BR game we've ever played (except for that weird grand final cancellation that time) I feel a deeps sense of gloom whenever this fixture arrives.

Tevor

I just worry the Scummers were lucky to get them on an off day and now they will be primed to make up for last week. Hope we don't play them back into form.

nebakke

Meh - different team, different coach - there's no reason why ancient hoodoo should persist.
I think our main problem last weekend, was Sydney's patience and willingness to just wait for us to apply pressure to ourselves so they could pounce on the ball.
One of the commentators accused us of paying anti-football but tbh i think it was as much with Sydney as with us.
I don't see Brisbane as a side with that sort of patience - I expect that would mean we have a much better opportunity to unfold the game.
Should be interesting

Bladesman

About the only thing I feel confident to say about this game is it won't be a 0 - 0.

With the way Brisbane push forward and pressure high with our pace up front we could cause them lots of problems.

The flip side being we leaked 4 goals to Sydney when they weren't applying any pressure at all through careless mistakes so with a team applying pressure like Brisbane do we could be in big trouble. I would like to see us change our tactics from play out at all costs to play out when appropriate. If we are under pressure lets get it out, even if it turns over possession to their backs and apply pressure to them with our forwards.

Today's game is not about possession any more, it has moved on significantly from those days so I am not sure why we are so obsessed with it.

Maybe we could hypnotise the players to think the oppositions box is our box as we are incredibly effective at getting the ball to our box from anywhere on the filed including our corners!

true believer

I f**king care. The scummers beat them 4.0. If we don't get a draw at least then we might be as bad as Fox tell us we are.

the scummers look good . i still can't believe the roar let devante clut go.
i consider it as big a cock up . as the drive by's letting mooy go .
the ghost of henrique is gone .
their good side , but only that . after last weeks loss . they'll be desperate .
i think we haven't had this good a chance in years .

dibo

The flip side being we leaked 4 goals to Sydney when they weren't applying any pressure at all through careless mistakes

The reason I'm happy to say that's not true is that they don't get any of the goals without pressure.

With the first, they had the ball and played Holosko in between McGing and Neill.
The second one they again played the ball in and Posco didn't deal with it.
The third was a weak as piss penalty, but again, they had the ball.
The fourth they pressed so we threw to Nevecski, who f**ked up.

Only one goal came where they didn't already have the ball and that's the last one. Of the first three, all of them came through finding a gap or eking out some advantage.

What makes me optimistic for the season (if not necessarily for this game) is that playing more under Okon, there'll be relationships sorted out so that Neill, McGing and Posco relate to each other a bit better, which should help eliminate the sort of situations that brought us the first two goals (and Holosko's gild-edged invitation to make it three soon after, that he wasted as he blazed over from 5m).

The penalty was a bit of dumb defending - McGing did put his hand on Bobo's belly and even though he pulled it away, Bobo knew he could 'sell' the foul at that point.

And for the fourth - it's pretty simple: don't f**k up.

I think it was actually a better defensive performance than against Perth and Faty was loads better when he came on.

I think that Brisbane are on the slide a little bit, so if we can contain Holman (Mr Montgomery, we have a job for you...) then I think we might see some happiness.

ballantyne

As usual for the last year now, I'll be happy if we concede fewer than 2, whatever the result. After last round's thumping for both teams, I feel it's harder to predict the outcome. I don't believe our thumping makes any difference - we've been losing badly for years - but for Brisbane? Are they flawed, or did they have a bad day and will come out firing?
Safe bet - we lose by at least 2.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred