• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R27: Victory away

Tevor

Thought we played well and could have caused an upset, some interesting interviews and comments after the game by PO and a few players. Have the feeling we will have a very different team next season, Okon stating his rebuilding started on his first day not this off season. Izzo had a good game, again Roy is clearly thinking of his next gig and should have put away his one on one chance but his touch was too hard then ran out of room. Galloway had another good game and Pain as well, really like Appiah at the moment as he adds so much in defence and presses really well.

Big Al

We were almost at there level.
Galloway got skinned bad on that Troisi shot in first half that drew a top save from Izzo.

These top of the table teams make the moments go there way.

We had Roy blow a 1 on 1 and fabs shot headed for bottom corner cop a deflection.

Victory had a few shots that Izzo saved our bacon but it all fell apart on the goal.

Just can't have those lapses against good teams. Against the Jets you can.

That was our season, always making one costly mistake a game

Forum Phoenix

I thought we played very well over all - and certainly better than I'd feared. We pressed them far better than usual and competed really hard in the middle - only marginally losing that battle I think. They only managed to create a handful of real opportunities - and given their attacking talent I thought on balance we were defensively very good - it was a shame we didn't take one of our chances and shift the balance of the game. Really was a game we could have won 2-1.

Our attack was the main issue. Final ball and decision making is still too often sub par but our fast wingers (Appiah was very good again) played some good overlaps but could not find a CF. They also played some solid percentage football and won us plenty of set pieces - but we are worse than toothless in that department.

I remember one of Pains breaks and Roy was slower to react than all three defenders right near him and he was 3 yards behind when Pain whipped a ball just where it should be. He needs to be thinking quicker than they do. But he was not. And on another cross he showed no anticipation and watched a very scoreable opportunity sail by. Then there was the 1 v 1 and there were more issues too.

I'm a Roy fan. But in the last 6 or so weeks where Appiah has made me a believer, Roy has cast only doubts.

I do blame the contracts situation and FTA deal mess though. Oh and the Scum. Of course.

Last edited:

soccer mad

Roy has been ordinary in the last couple of games glad to see him find greener pastures and head butt some of his new colleagues .

Wombat

Is it confirmed he is now a scummer?

If not....good luck to a Grand fella.
If yes....f**k off you spud thick Irish twat Scummer;)

Pirate Pete

I would have thought Brisbane was more the go.
Even for more money he'd have to look at the position the scummers are in.
And have been for a while. Players don't tend to sign for a club without knowing
who the coach is / will be. Unless a lot of dosh is involved I suppose.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb