• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R22 F3 Derby away

LFCMariners

Was at the Avoca Beach Hotel playing a few rounds of pool in the sports bar with a friend and keeping an eye on the last 20 minutes on the big screen.

Just think about it for a moment:

- Yet again, the Jest finals hopes the season after making the GF come to an end at home. Against CCM.

- To win the game, it came down to a former CCM player we're glad to see the back of taking a shot at a former Jest player they're glad to have seen the back of

- Kennedy picked his mightiest save for an occasion like this- and did it twice

- The result came right off the back of getting beaten 8-2 at home.

You couldn't write that script.

On top of that?

Just picture it- all the Squadrants laughing and cheering and singing "3-0 and you f**ked it up!". And then one of them breaking off mid sentence and going "Hey- hey the ref wants to look at it....what?"

Ancient Mariner

Loved it all.

Stajcic from the word go picked the best eleven available.

Great to see two FULLBACKS playing as fullbacks. (and even the wingers helping with defence).

Great to see two lines of four defending for the first time this year.

Sign Jem immediately. That is the way to get the Mariners spirit back rather than chasing has beens.

Millar re found his confidence, Clisby had his best game with us, Kennedy was great except for their second goal (there is a great keeper in there somewhere, needs Crawley to bring it out).

Stajcic after less than a week shows that he is a coach. Still lots of work to be done (defended too deep at the end).

Great to have a real striker.

Not a bad player on the pitch.

true believer

Smile misery guts, you will soon get used to eating pies instead of the prawns.
sorry mate i won't be attending a mic charlesworth owned mariners at after seasons end.
i won't give that lying c**t another cent.
but hay there's always happiness in the land of the lotus eaters

Last edited:

marinermick

I thought Millar was pretty ordinary for a lot of the match. They scored one of their goals off a cross he didn’t shut down or adequately pressure. Did a few good things in attack including an assist though.

Was very defensive early and I think this was a Stajcic tactic. We defended and absorbed and then he had the energy in the second half to unleash when the game opened up.

And guess what, he wasn’t tired!

That second goal run was masterful and would not have happened under Mulvey’s tactics.

As Ancient said, the defensive two banks of four (five most of the time from the midfield) was a joy to behold.

I also liked that Stajcic was prepared to change things as the match went on.

Swapping Mallon and Pain after Mallon was getting pumped by shit c**t Georgiveski did the trick, rotating the centre midfield, getting the full backs further up second half etc. All shows he is a thinking coach.

Still lots of work to do in defence however. Petratos and Urgakovic were finding too many holes in the defensive channels when they were overloading the defence, Better players than those muppets will have a field day if we don’t refine further.

Things are immeasurably better but we also have to remember we had a bit of luck last night and O’Donovan had a number of chances he would have normally buried.

marinermick

The other thing I wanted to add is that the young referee (other than the penalty decision) was pretty flawless. He has a authoritative, yet calm demeanour, that really showed during the whole penalty drama.

Reactions: adz

turbo

Was very defensive early and I think this was a Stajcic tactic. We defended and absorbed and then he had the energy in the second half to unleash when the game opened up.

He did make some runs in the first but there wasn’t any end product and some odd decisions. Had me wondering how much he really wanted to score against his next club. Fortunately in the second half the energy changed, he got some confidence and looked better going forward, but his defence wasn’t quite as good and that did give them room to attack and deliver balls in to the box.

MagpieMariner

Of those who weren't in the squad yesterday, did we miss any of them?
Matty? No I think this was Murray's best game, I think he was able to make a lot of space which Matty usually blocks up. Also we passed along the ground a lot more because Matty wasn't there.
Rowles? Not really, although I thought he might have done a bit better than Sam in spots.
WeeMac? I didn't even realise he wasn't in the squad until after the match.
Aidan? No, but only because Jem & Tom were there. Aidan would have been handy when Tom was subbed.
Hoole? Absolutely not.
Any other regulars I've missed? If there are, I guess the fact I can't remember them says it all.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Of those who weren't in the squad yesterday, did we miss any of them?
Matty? No I think this was Murray's best game, I think he was able to make a lot of space which Matty usually blocks up. Also we passed along the ground a lot more because Matty wasn't there.
Rowles? Not really, although I thought he might have done a bit better than Sam in spots.
WeeMac? I didn't even realise he wasn't in the squad until after the match.
Aidan? No, but only because Jem & Tom were there. Aidan would have been handy when Tom was subbed.
Hoole? Absolutely not.
Any other regulars I've missed? If there are, I guess the fact I can't remember them says it all.
Agree. I've liked Matty this season - while he makes a lot of errors, I think his work rate has at least been beneficial (even though it's not necessarily productive), though I don't think he's the right pick for captain.
Having said that, I literally forgot all about him last night. So maybe our tactics, format and work has been so dire that he's looked good. Given we started to get it right last night, maybe the team is moving past him. Having said that, I also only watched the 2nd half.
Rowles has done alright, but last night's squad was definitely our top XI.

The other thing I wanted to add is that the young referee (other than the penalty decision) was pretty flawless. He has a authoritative, yet calm demeanour, that really showed during the whole penalty drama.

Fair comment. And in all honesty, I'm more upset at the VAR for not overturning the penalty than I am at him for awarding it. Though at least he was looking at off-the-ball stuff, too many refs at this level have tunnel vision.

Last edited:

nebakke

Gotta say, much as I appreciated Murray's game last night, I think we did miss Matty, especially in the first half... Jem took on a lot of the work to drive us but I reckon Matty would've seen us more threatening in the first half. I think the armband should go to Tommy though, unless it was the thing that actually spurred him on. But I think Jem provides similar benefits and risks to Matty- they both play with intensity and take no bullshit - sometimes that's gonna cause a blow up and it might be better to have the armband with someone else then.

Michael

Just finished re watching the game.
And to add to the above posts, we didn’t miss matty at all. Not one bit.
We did miss Aiden, we wouldn’t been even better than we were in midfield and the boys were excellent. Yes even Melling. (I know right)

But you know what.... none of that f**king matters after that win. Because that was incredible. I do wish it stayed 3-0 and we did have a little bit of luck but we deserve that luck by now.
Seeing Pain run to the fans that made the trip and seeing how happy and passionate all the players and fans were in that moment and seeing big old Eggy there. Was so incredibly heart warming for my poor little yellow navy heart. Biggest win in the last 4 seasons by a very long way.

Ancient Mariner

Gotta say, much as I appreciated Murray's game last night, I think we did miss Matty, especially in the first half... Jem took on a lot of the work to drive us but I reckon Matty would've seen us more threatening in the first half. I think the armband should go to Tommy though, unless it was the thing that actually spurred him on. But I think Jem provides similar benefits and risks to Matty- they both play with intensity and take no bullshit - sometimes that's gonna cause a blow up and it might be better to have the armband with someone else then.
The couple of times Tommy has been captain he has not played well.
I think he is best left to what he does well, turn defence into attack, and not give him added worries.

nebakke

The couple of times Tommy has been captain he has not played well.
I think he is best left to what he does well, turn defence into attack, and not give him added worries.

That's fair, I actually right about that after I posted it's just that I can't think where else to put the armband unless we hope that Jem or Matty can keep their tempers in check. But I both like and worry about Karajan because he does seem to play with everything.

FFC Mariner

Aiden instead of Melling and we win easily (although Melling had a good game to be fair)

Muzz was gassed at 80 and to bring on Simon to close the game out would have helped. When Tom went off we dropped too deep and you could sense it coming.

NoDiggity

Still buzzing from last night, all the shit we go through as mariners fans, turning up week after week. And especially after the week we’ve had, losing 8-2 and coach sacking. To travel up to the scumdome & win the game from the Snake missing a penalty in extra time is just beautiful. Happy St Pats day you fkn snake!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred