• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R22 F3 Derby away

Cricko_086

I was heading home from a wedding. Watched the pen go in off the rebound. Turned my phone off. Got back to the hotel after retrieving a beer from the fridge to see the score needed 2-3
Being the normal depressed mariners supporter to now being over the moon!

Good effort to those that went today!

Pirate Pete

This was great. I was so mad I almost punched my iPad, but then Kennedy saved the second one. The rest, as they say, is a blur.
I lost the picture and didn't see the penalty awarded. I then switched the radio on to find out what was happening.
The radio was a fair bit ahead of Fox and when the pic came back it got a bit confusing.
I'd already walked out into the kitchen for dinner thinking we drew. Came back in just in time to see the mayhem unfold.

The blokes on the radio were saying the foul was outside the box anyhow. And there might have been some offside too.

C'mon Victory. If we're only five points behind Roar I reckon we can do this.
#nospoonthisyear.

Last edited:

innconu

That’s the rule apparently middy
I thought the same thing but I just went and had a look at the laws and no it is not. The penalty is considered complete and taken once the ball stops moving, touches another player or goes out. If the is encroachment by the attacking team and the penalty goes in the penalty is retaken. If anything else happens the defending team is to be awarded an indirect free kick.

BUT

If both teams infringe there is a retake, Graham was also infringed on the other side of the box so it was not that they infringed it must have been ruled we both infringed

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules...laws/football-11-11/law-14---the-penalty-kick

MrCelery

Boogard was arguing the opposite. We encroached as well so he argued it should stand.
Then he should read the rules:
"If, before the ball is in play, one of the following occurs: a player of both teams offends the Laws of the Game, the kick is retaken unless a player commits a more serious offence (e.g. illegal feinting)"

shipwreck

Omg i completely forgot about Mcglinchey !

Haha f**k shows how absent he has been this season even when he does play... Anyone know what happened there?

Wombat

Jem 3pts.
Millar 2pts.
Staj 1pt.
COYY.

How sweet was Graham saving the goal as he lay on the ground.....thats the luck the scummers got last time we played in Newy.

Antlion

I thought a lot of players showed greater confidence than has been seen in recent times, Clisby and Graham as examples.

Karacan was a standout, Murray's goal was class and shows how we need to use him.
Pain's goal was quality also.

Millar assisted twice, I believe he'll be more than a one trick pony and given the choice we'd have wanted to keep him.
Like what Mallon has about him.
Hats off to Kennedy. He had a *good* night. Maybe we'll get better out of him with the confidence the new coach has seemed to bring.
Loved seeing Tommy on song too.

For all that we did well we are still an under confident, under drilled team. Stajcic obviously got a lot out of his short time with them going off structures and decision making. Hopefully when it's weeks of working with them rather than mere days we get more resilient in games.

turbo

That was an intense finish. Penalty should never have been awarded but Kennedy had the guts to go the same way again and it paid off. Jem was immense and makes a good case for keeping the arm band. Lock him down for a couple of years please.

turbo

Millar 2pts
I thought Millar was pretty ordinary for a lot of the match. They scored one of their goals off a cross he didn’t shut down or adequately pressure. Did a few good things in attack including an assist though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred