• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R21: Adelaide vs Mariners

nebakke

Nice to see the boys getting cranky instead of dropping their heads.

Great first 23 mins. After that AU woke up and literally pushed us around.

Loved Rose getting in Boogards face. Reddy should of hi fives him not said don't worry.

Thank good they don't ask Cernak what he thinks of the ref would cost him a bomb.

Missing a striker big time. Poor Fitzy just not cutting it.

I think Reddy's approach was probably for the better. Rosie looked like he'd more or less lost his temper over it - to be fair, it was a pretty f**king childish stunt to pull - I thought for sure Rosie had landed himself a yellow there. I think he would have, had Reddy not kept calm (how often do I get to write THAT!? ;) ) and sent him away.

We definitely did drop after conceeding and Adelaide looks good. I always get frustrated watching games like that because for some reason, I can never see where exactly it is that they pick those extra 5 players that are constantly swamping our man on the ball, while they still have 6 players in attack and 5 in defence... I mean... When I count them there's still only 11 players on the pitch for them, but SURELY 11 man playing like that, should leave a gap SOMEWHERE!

Anyway, yep, definitely decent start and nice to see that they they didn't completely roll over there.

justafan

Oh, and how good is it to see us press for the first time in 3 years. Without it... Caceres doesn't pinch and score
Caceres awesome first thirty but Faded last ten. ( he's not a machine, he's human)
Without it... Caceres doesn't pinch and score. ( just give credit to the kid)
Caceres movement and positioning still badly lacking second half ( Agree but what about the times he positions correctly and doesn't get the ball?

FP, I agree that Cass has things to improve but just for once can you please praise the kid for all the positives he's got. Doesn't matter how well he plays you always seem to find something negative about him. I'll say it once again : Imo he's our best by far.

Roy Law

Almost, but not quite good enough
For almost half an hour the Mariners showed just how good they can be; for the next hour Adelaide showed how much more they need to do to be a competitive force.
In an open start to the match the Mariners, in a line-up unchanged from last weekend, were superb, pressing high, playing aggressively, and forcing Adelaide back. Playing football on the front foot, Montgomery, Hutchinson and Caceres dominated the midfield. Adelaide was reduced to spiteful fouls as the Mariners called the shots.
In the 23rd minute Caceres forced a turnover and won possession, took a couple of steps, and then belted the ball past Galekovic from the edge of the area. It was a stunning goal, his first of the season, long overdue, and it gave the Mariners a lead they fully deserved.
The joy was short lived; just over a minute later a brilliant goal from Carrusca evened the score. Given far too much space, the perils of pressing high, he sucked in three defenders with a right foot feint before crashing the ball past Reddy with his left.
A couple of minutes later Reddy tidied up at the near post as Goodwin’s cross threatened danger with the Mariners defence undone by Adelaide’s splendid football. Slowly the intensity of the Mariners’ press began to wane and Adelaide took control of the game.
The second half was a master class by the Reds with only Liam Reddy standing between them and defeat. Roux had replaced the injured Poscoliero but it didn’t make any difference as the Reds kept coming forward. Reddy saved from Djite and then Carrusca’s touch abandoned him when put through by Elrich. When Djite dived on the edge of the area, Carrusca’s free kick left Reddy breathing a sigh of relief as the ball floated wide with him flat footed.
The Reds got the goal they deserved, but it was cruel luck on Reddy, as, not for the first time this season they profited from a deflection which took Goodwin’s shot beyond Reddy. The Mariners were now in danger of losing their composure; they were second to every ball, and were reduced to hacking the ball away instead of playing for possession. Bosnar could have equalised, certainly should have done better, with a headed chance from Caceres’ free kick.
Anderson got a yellow for an unintentional handball – why is it referees can hand out the easy ones but fail to punish people like Carrusca who left his studs on Cernak in the first half?
Reddy then produced the save of the season with a brilliant one handed full length dive to deny Jeggo’s goal bound header. And then Josh Rose came so close to an equaliser with a right foot shot just wide of the post.
The Mariners were ultimately beaten by the better side but there was much to like in their early play. Reddy was so defiant that but for the deflection they may well have earned a point. Monty put in his usual hard shift, Cernak continued to impress with his enthusiasm but for me the MoM was the splendidly skilful Caceres who seemed to want to control the game although ultimately he didn’t have the support. I wonder, mischievously, just what he could achieve if he were wearing the red shirt of Adelaide?

nearlyyellow

Anderson got a yellow for an unintentional handball – why is it referees can hand out the easy ones but fail to punish people like Carrusca who left his studs on Cernak in the first half?
Incredibly poor refereeing, and also the assistant on that side. :fireup: There is enough video evidence to lay a charge on Carrusca imho. :(

dibo

Incredibly poor refereeing, and also the assistant on that side. :fireup: There is enough video evidence to lay a charge on Carrusca imho. :(
The assistant on that side was ~40m away on the half way line; the assistant on the other side would've been inline but ~60m away on the opposite touch line.

localpom

FP, I agree that Cass has things to improve but just for once can you please praise the kid for all the positives he's got. Doesn't matter how well he plays you always seem to find something negative about him. I'll say it once again : Imo he's our best by far.
Caceres is a fantastic talent. Definately our most skillful player and just needs some fine tuning. He's had to battle hard this season but will be better for it physically and mentally next year. I really expect him to shine next season. Along with Reddy, Fabio and Monty he is someone we can build the side around.

Forum Phoenix

"seems"
I've praised him highly almost every single time I've criticised him. Just said something like fantastic first thirty in one post and awesome first half in another?? It's not unfounded nor unconstructive criticism. So your clearly being over defensive about him imo.

I'm a big fan of him actually, but he is not our best player. He has a way to go before he is as adept and dominant in his role as Monty or Reddy for a start - But he definitely has the potential to be so, and well beyond that I think. But he clearly has one very important issue in his game that if solved for his sake and the mariners will be a huge win. And the reason I've repeatedly mentioned him of late is because unfortunately imo his specific lack of movement has been one of the major issues in our transition and our creative play being too easily stifled. A part of that is coaching or lack of for sure. But it's still been happening. his skill on the ball is nearly always brilliant and passing game is strong to excellent. Yet at present he is one of the least effective tens we've ever had. That's just a fact I'm afraid - even baring in mind the squad and coaching this year. And I think there's a reason for that, because yes, he's quality - hope you're registering words like that now. This isn't personal. It's reality that he could have half his ball skills but much better movement and he would be more effective. Hopefully we can have both. Firts half was great, as I said, and an considerable improvement on most other games (movement wise)

Anyway, football forum. made for discussion and opinion. I always support my points of view. I don't expect you to agree with me and very happy to hear your counter arguments. But you can jog on if you think you get to tell me how I should post or that I'm simply being negative while I use words like fantastic to describe that players performance or best feet in the team etc.

Last edited:

true believer

last night, I thought his movement (caceres) was very good first half .
i hate slagging the ref in a game , but that was the worst performance of the season .
cernak will be lucky to be walking this morning from 3 reckless challenges with no penalty being imposed
on the piss ants doing their best imitation of zadkovich defending .

nearlyyellow

The assistant on that side was ~40m away on the half way line; the assistant on the other side would've been inline but ~60m away on the opposite touch line.
Don't make excuses for them! I'm enjoying myself beating up on them. Isn't that what we're supposed to do when we lose a game? ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred