• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R17 v Western Sydney

Josho Howe

Seriously? That's the performance put in in a vital game against a bottom half rival? Insipid and f**king disgraceful. That sickening feelings in my gut returned today and it ruined my mood and l am back to being pissed off about everything. Christ on a bike, that was horrible.

Clisby, good lord man, cya later, don't want to see him again

Oar needs to be dropped and not play again. Heading it back into your own box then pulling down a player. WTF

Defence was ok for the most part, but gifting 2 goals to the opposition when we can't score up the other end is just idiotic.

Attack is just not good enough. Why are we so f**king SLOW!? The movement is easily defended when we are so slow in transition. We only started playing when time started to run out. I thought we were past this, but evidently not. This whole club is f**king cursed.

I could rant for days but that's my two cents

Elite

Gutted. Absolutely gutted after that one. To dish up that against a beatable side close to us on the ladder was just horrific.

Defensive lapses cost us again. I really don't want Oar to have the armband again for the remainder of the season. He's checked out and the responsibility needs to be moved on.

Battle for the spoon more or less confirmed for next week against the scum. I'd honestly be happy if Simmo started for us. He's been quite good over the past couple of weeks imo and he absolutely knows how much that one means to us.

FFC Mariner

Trying to put a positive spin on the train wreck that is CCM?
I truly doubt the club has the skills or the funding to pull itself out of its death spiral.
Crowds are the lowest in our history, product has been the worst in Australia for 5 seasons.

LFCMariners

Watching the Liverpool game this morning was a world away from watching CCM- passes you could count on finding their man, feeling confident that any half chance of scoring would find the net...and Southhampton actually played quite well in the first half, but still managed to lose 4-0.

CCM are not the worst team in this league. They’ve shown enough times this season they have the grit and the ability to beat or compete with the bigger teams even away from home. What has let them down is how clueless they are in front of goal and how sloppy they are transitioning the ball upfield. Same today- another could’ve won that didn’t turn out. No goals from free play in how many matches now?

Feels like nearly every other club has new signings/ coaches/ players returning from injury right now to give them hope for a strong finish. But what’s to look forward to for CCM? And even if MC only cares about the resale value of this club, how can he be so apparently clueless that you need to spend money in an investment for it to pay off? Lack of investment in squad where it’s needed= poor results= poor crowds= poor R.O.I

How many managers is he going to burn before realising this? Because a lack of proven scorers up front has put the magnifying glass on smaller errors and on Staj that wouldn’t be there with competent scorers up front to take the pressure off.

This club isn’t cursed- just so clearly, evidently lacking investment in that last 20% that makes all the difference between L’s and W’s and it appears everybody but the person who should recognise this can see it. I’d love to ask MC in a single sentence what’s a “Shut up and take my money” reason for a casual fan to pay up and come watch the Mariners?

Forum Phoenix

f**k this dumbass squad. Jesus f**king christ we look stupid in attack. Matty Simon is the only one who even looks like he wants to score a goal. It's like we don't think the whole point is to score goals. We do all the other shit thinking that is football. No you stupid f**ks, scoring is the whole f**king meme. Please for the love of f**k someone do some extra shooting drills. FMD I hate loving this club.

Classic post :piano::piralaugh:

onto it

Has Simon been the best player today so far? Haha.

Nizzy and Miller are our most stable players!

And they should be the ones learning and growing around the experiences guys.
Miller - you reckon? Have a look at just the first 5 minutes of the game. He is just not a full back.

turbo

I’d love to ask MC in a single sentence what’s a “Shut up and take my money” reason for a casual fan to pay up and come watch the Mariners?
The only reason is to try to keep a professional football team on the coast but as we can see people are starting to say what’s the point when we’re constantly scraping the bottom of the barrel. I think most people are realistic they’re not expecting us to be top 4 but can we at least be in the hunt for the six and not always a part of the wooden spoon conversation? The club is lucky 4 thousand odd people still pay for this rubbish.

The members should boycott a single match and let them play in front of a few hundred, maybe it would send a message.

onto it

No Ziggy gets my mom. Rowles second.

It’s a crying shame to lose by that margin considering how well our two central defenders actually played.
Yes, Ziggy was brilliant today. He completely changed my view of him. I still think he is not a centre back's left foot, and made some horror mistakes, but overall he worked so hard and often came off his line to make some critical tackles. He was my mom as well.
Rowles today, had a game far better than recent outings.

FFC Mariner

MC got given public land to do his property development, he is angling to be given another public asset (stadium) to milk - CCM are a necessary evil in his plan to get control of CCS and make $$
If the council dont gift it to him I suspect he will want out

onto it

Do we have ANY A-League level fullbacks?

They were so pathetic tonight. They made Matt Simon look good.
I totally agree.
Maybe Staj needs to go to a formation and playing style that suits the cards he is dealt, rather than trying to get square heads to play with round balls.

marinermick

Some thoughts:
- Playing a narrow 4-2-2-2 against a physically bigger or more aggressive side was stupid.
- Playing Oar in the middle of attack and ask him to hold the ball back to play against a six foot three plus defender is just lunacy. In fact potting long balls to Murray and Oar and ask them to win headers against that size defence is lunacy. This is why we looked better when Simon came on. If we choose to play this system then Matt Simon is the only possible option up front.
- Where were the options off the ball? Too many times players looked up and had no options so had to try and beat players as their only avenue of attack.
- Whenever us and then pushed the ball wide space opened up everywhere. When you have possession you try and make the field as big as possible. Both sides didn’t get this.
- Who gets to A-League and doesn’t get their head up when making a pass, especially at the back?
- Nissy’s work rate was sub par tonight. Kim was mammoth covering all the space in defensive midfield.
- Djuric is fading. Motivation?
- De Silva huffed and puffed. His output is at a high level but you need goals and assists in that position
- Oar is being slated but he was asked to play in two positions today that he is not capable of doing - as a holding striker and as a left back.
- Subs made were just a change in personnel and not a change in tactics (this was peak Okon). Why continue to have four at the back when losing? Why not try and get some width in the game when you are being out-muscled in the middle?
- And as others have rightly pointed out we don’t have the quality. Muller was supreme for them and then they are able to bring someone like a Simon Cox on.

Still haven’t had time to digest. Sorry for the scatter gun above.

Ancient Mariner

Oar has definitely clocked off. Waste of time giving him time to stay match fit for Macarthur. Pine.
Muzz. Has had his chances. Has some good skills. Squaddie or back to NPL.
DDS. Is just not good enough. Has not developed. Is no better than when he debuted as a 16YO.
Clisby. Time to tell him to look for an NPL club.
Kim. How much longer does his sentence last? Maybe he will get parole and can return home early.
Duric. Might be effective in a top side but really not mobile enough for the A-League. For our most experienced visa player he looked old. Not good enough.
Nizzy. FFS tie him up for 3 years.
Miller. I do not think he is a fullback. If he is he still has a lot of development.
Ziggy. MOM.
Birra. See Nizzy.

Staj. By far the best manager we have had since Arnie, but I think I am over 4-2-2-2. We do not have fullbacks, let alone wingbacks. Our Ams hang out with the forwards waiting (Yes you DDM) for the DMs to bridge the massive gap in midfield without making themselves available. Our attack is impotent apart from long diagonal passes. Give me some fast wingers who will take the ball to the line and cross it fast and low or cut it back to advancing midfielders.

Time to start thinking about next year. Give Jair some time to see if he has what he had in Korea. Start to blood some more youth. Leave the dross and future leavers
in the back paddock.

Last edited:

turbo

Nissy’s work rate was sub par tonight. Kim was mammoth covering all the space in defensive midfield.
You know Kim is the Korean one and Nisbet is the short one right? I thought Nisbet was one of our few that were really hustling to get things done. Kim did some good work too but he was hard to follow dropping in and out of the back line, sometimes doing DM work but only just in front of the line. I don’t think that was helping our structure.

I agree with everything else you said but that one had me doing a double take.

FFC Mariner

Oar has definitely clocked off. Waste of time giving him time to stay match fit for Macarthur. Pine.
Muzz. Has had his chances. Has some good skills. Squaddie or back to NPL.
DDS. Is just not good enough. Has not developed. Is no better than when he debuted as a 16YO.
Clisby. Time to tell him to look for an NPL club.
Kim. How much longer does his sentence last? Maybe he will get parole and can return home early.
Duric. Might be effective in a top side but really not mobile enough for the A-League. For our most experienced visa player he looked old. Not good enough.
Nizzy. FFS tie him up for 3 years.
Miller. I do not think he is a fullback. If he is he still has a lot of development.
Ziggy. MOM.
Birra. See Nizzy.

Staj. By far the best manager we have had since Arnie, but I think I am over 4-2-2-2. We do not have fullbacks, let alone wingbacks. Our Ams hang out with the forwards waiting (Yes you DDM) for the DMs to bridge the massive gap in midfield without making themselves available. Our attack is impotent apart from long diagonal passes. Give me some fast wingers who will take the ball to the line and cross it fast and low or cut it back to advancing midfielders.

Time to start thinking about next year. Give Jair some time to see if he has what he had in Korea. Start to blood some more youth. Leave the dross and future in the back paddock.
Apparently, Kim's ban has to be served while signed by a Korean club, the time with us doesnt count. He has to sign and then sit out 2/3 of a Korean season.
(Not sure if thats the case but thats what I was told)

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I'm pretty over following this team now.

Last season was so close to breaking point it wasn't funny, and this season genuinely hasn't been much better.

I back Staj and still have hope for the future. But I'm wearing down now and am starting to become apathetic. Crowd numbers say I'm not alone.
I remember when I'd get really upset after losing a game.
Now, I just feel 'meh'. Same shit every match, every month, every year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami