R17 v Western Sydney

Discussion in 'Central Coast Mariners FC' started by priorpeter, Jan 29, 2020.

1. priorpeter

priorpeter Well-Known Member

What better way to kick off the match day thread than this

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Forum Phoenix

Forum Phoenix Well-Known Member

Huge fan of the angry panda ads they’ve ripped this from. And even bigger fan of Marvin. So love this initiative,

#Marvin_is_a_beast

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. FFC Mariner

FFC Mariner Well-Known Member

I cant remember being less enthusiastic about a game
    27 and storms forecast
    Maybe 6k
    Cant wait

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Capn Gus Bloodbeard Well-Known Member

I can think of plenty of games over the last few years I've been unenthusiastic about.
    But yeah, I've lost all hope and excitement for this season.
    It's easy to say that WSW are so low on the table that we should beat them - but they'd be saying the exact same thing, and we're lower - and while our attacks are just as bad, our defence is worse. So, the stats alone favour WSW; that is to say, we're going to be relying on the same thing we're relied on almost every win; a lucky penalty or two.
    WSW are on a better streak than us.
    And you're right about the crowd - 4k of those will be WSW supporters though

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. FFC Mariner

FFC Mariner Well-Known Member

Still going mind you - maybe this is where the turnaround begins?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. Tevor

Tevor Well-Known Member

After;
    WU - Fail
    Roar - Fail
    WSW - ????
    I feel another fail coming, they are also on the bounce after Babbel’s sacking and will be fresh after a bye. Their enthusiasm alone will beat us. The last two games with 0 points has taken the wind out of the sails in what was meant to be a season defining section. It’s been defined, it’s called the spoon.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. priorpeter

priorpeter Well-Known Member

I can’t believe the negativity in this thread

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. Wombat

Wombat Well-Known Member

Fulham and Capt are not exactly sunshine and rainbows tbf.

I think we will win fairly easily.

I was going to say only a poof wouldn't be there but realised that its an outdated and offensive term of phrase. So i hope everyone on the Coast of all creeds and colour come to watch us turn our season around.

COYY

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. Insertnamehere

Insertnamehere Well-Known Member

Yeah agree. Had my whinge about last match and what's been going wrong.
    Purged and onto this match. Every reason we can win.
    Id imagine a similar starting lineup and plan for similar subs.
    I just want to see smarter crossing, more width in attack and quicker pass and move through the middle. Too much to ask?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
  10. true believer

true believer Well-Known Member

We were better than the roar .
    All day . No luck at all
    If jair is not fit then the best striker we have in youth for 20 minutes . Dds at 9 with murray at 10

And yes i know

Edit Last week oar took free kicks .i remember clisby having a decent left foot .

Why not

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
  11. turbo

turbo Well-Known Member

They had decent chances in the first half but second was all ours except for that one unfortunate moment.

I'll be there because I dont want Marvin throwing my stuff around. Really hope we can take the win and Staj has them fired up to play from the start.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Michael

Michael Well-Known Member

personally I always somehow get excited on game day no matter how depressing the last result was, part of the illness that is football I suppose.

I usually ramble on about tactics and players etc, but I’m just at the point where I want a striker that scores like a striker

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Tevor

Tevor Well-Known Member

They definitely had the better chances in the first half, Ziggy's block stopped a certain Inman goal in the first half. We could have easily been down at HT.

If we can get an early goal we might be a chance however the longer it goes the more likely we will be to another late defensive lapse to break our hearts again.

I'll be there, just worried about how fired up they will be. We haven't really lifted in the last two games when we should have been playing them like finals.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Timmah

Timmah Well-Known Member

The 18 from last weekend’s starting team and bench remains unchanged, while youngsters Dylan Ruiz-Diaz and Abraham Majok have both been named to the group by Stajcic.

The occasion is set to be a big one with both teams aiming to return to winning ways, but Mark Birighitti will have a personal milestone to celebrate as he appears in his 100th Hyundai A-League match.

Squad |
    1. Mark BIRIGHITTI (gk), 2.Ian Zygmunt GORDON, 3.Jack CLISBY, 4. Eunsun KIM, 6.Giancarlo GALLIFUOCO, 7. Milan ÐURIĆ, 8. Michael MCGLINCHEY, 9. Jordan MURRAY, 10. Tommy OAR, 11. Daniel DESILVA, 12. Adam PEARCE (gk), 14. Abraham MAJOK, 15. Kye ROWLES, 17. Samuel SILVERA, 18. Gianni STENSNESS, 19. Matthew SIMON, 26. Joshua NISBET, 27. Lewis MILLER, 29. Jair BRITTO, 30. Dylan RUIZ-DIAZ

INS: 14. Abraham MAJOK (Promoted), 30. Dylan RUIZ-DIAZ (Promoted)
    OUTS: Nil
    Unavailable: Nil

Match Details |
    Sunday, 2nd February
    Central Coast Stadium, Gosford
    4pm kick-off (AEDT)

https://www.ccmariners.com.au/news/gameday-squad-20-named-wanderers-visit

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. marinermick

marinermick Well-Known Member

Any know if Stensness is okay?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. NoDiggity

NoDiggity Well-Known Member

Not sure if it’s pure luck but hats off to our strength and conditioning coaches this year, we’ve been pretty much injury free bar GG early in the FFA cup. Copping an injury to birraz or Milan and seeing them out for an extended period would really hurt us

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  17. Josho Howe

Josho Howe Well-Known Member

Anything happening to Birraz would be very problematic. Has been a change being relatively confident in our keeper. I honestly have no idea what is gonna happen in this game. I've stopped trying to tip what happens in our games a while ago. Every week that goes by, the more vital a win is. At home against a team around us on a hot day. Really need to capitalise. 6 points in our next 2, we can breath a sigh of relief. 4 points l am content with. 3 meh, 0 disastrous.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Ads

Ads Active Member

Yes! Definitely worth a mention and reminder.
    Almost 0 long term/sustained injury.

Early season fitness, conditioning and rotation in preseason has served well.

Shame we haven’t used fully to our advantage during regular season.

19. Charlie1

Charlie1 Member

Ok I might upset a few people but it’s my opinion go back to a good old 442
    Birra
    Glisby. Ziggy. Rowels. Miller

Nisbet. Dujic. Kim. Wee Mac

Simon. Jaír

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. true believer

true believer Well-Known Member

stens said he was sick last week . so should be good to go