R17 v Western Sydney

Discussion in 'Central Coast Mariners FC' started by priorpeter, Jan 29, 2020.

1. onto it

onto it Active Member

Shit!

2. Josho Howe

Josho Howe Well-Known Member

How good was Nisbet's pass to Murray for that chance in the 1st half? I thought Nissy was good again. Might have got caught on the ball once or twice but his forward passing into good areas was solid. I love Muzz, very nice and likeable guy, but he has to bury that. Toivonen or Le Fondre score that. Totally different game if he'd have bagged it.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Fadetoblack944

Fadetoblack944 Active Member

The way birraz walked off the pitch just looked like he was over it. There is no way he will stay. He is one of the players that gives a damn and im worried we arnt going to keep him

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. onto it

onto it Active Member

Nizzy was okay, but for me didn't boss and control the rear of midfield like Stens does.
    As for Muzz - too many head holds mate. Get yourself and extra hour of shooting practice every day or get out.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. onto it

onto it Active Member

He's also quality.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. marinermick

marinermick Well-Known Member

Will have to agree to disagree on this one. Today I was lucky to be right in the middle and call play by play, and too many times called out Kim for covering space where Nisbet should have been.

Don’t get me wrong, there is an A-League player in Nisbet, but tonight will be a learning experience.

And Kim is being asked to drop into the back line when both full backs go forward. This is what a Staj wants from him. The fact he was able to cover both defence and midfield was amazing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Capn Gus Bloodbeard Well-Known Member

As for the denied penalty - first image shows how far up the arm went, 2nd is the point of contact. How that isn't a foul I'll never f**king know.

Also, Oar's penalty was just as unforgiveable as Clisby's stuffup. Time to bench him.
    Simon was great and I honestly think we would have collapsed harder rather than keep fighting until the 3rd.
    Ziggy did well tonight, and made some really crucial tackles.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Josho Howe

Josho Howe Well-Known Member

Yep, feels as if the Birraz being here next season is a very slim chance and that makes me sad. Best keeper we've had in a long time, but honestly who can blame him if he's exploring other options.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. FFC Mariner

FFC Mariner Well-Known Member

He's gone

10. Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I'm sure somebody knows - who is looking after our attacking coaching? And is that their primary role?

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. turbo

turbo Well-Known Member

Did you notice where he was at those times? I can’t help but wondering if he was covering DDS or Duric’s work leaving Kim stranded. Whatever the reasons for me this formation has run its course. Let’s go 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 or something along those lines and try again.

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. marinermick

This could be right as well.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Fadetoblack944

Fadetoblack944 Active Member

It's chalk and cheese between Murray and Simon. Simon creates chances (regardless of it is just battering into people) but it works. As for our other strikers they just don't command the area as Simon does. He needs to start against Newcastle

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I think Simon will be important against Newy - but I wonder if he should come on at halftime to bring some fire to the late game. We may need his passion at that point when everybody wants to start putting their heads down.
    Dreading that game. Tonight was absolutely atrocious.

As for Clisby's screwup - thing it, if we got gifted a chance like that you know we wouldn't do anything with it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Wombat

Wombat Well-Known Member

Good going forward. Very green defensively. Great althlete.

16. Wombat

Wombat Well-Known Member

Imagine Tommy H and Jem Karacan instead of Duric and DDS.

Duric is plodding now and DDS was horrible tonight.

17. Wombat

Wombat Well-Known Member

But he didnt pass the ball to them 5 times a match like Stens does. I thought Nizzy got a pass mark tonight and was one of the only players to actually show some anticipation.
    Agree with you re Muzz.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Wombat

Wombat Well-Known Member

I thought 4222 was suppossed to switch to 442 in defence. We were all over the shop and massive gaps to exploit down the flanks and our inexperienced back four get sucked in to the ball like kids.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. turbo

turbo Well-Known Member

yeah it definitely didn’t. They knew there was space to exploit and did it frequently. I wrote about it back on page 4 or 5 we just didn’t get over with any sort of switch and it inevitably meant our outside backs having to deal with it and that stretching our CBs.

20. marinermick

it’s actually supposed to revert to a 5-4-1 in defence with Kim dropping in the defensive line.

The major is the transition from ball possession to ball possession opposition. The transition to defensive shape is happening too slowly because both fullbacks are so far forward at the same time leaving a gap in the channel between the centre backs and the defence. Muller was superior in finding that space today from deep runs. He really is a class player.

• Interesting Interesting x 1