• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R17 v Western Sydney

Josho Howe

Making my return to radio this game in the absence of Trent. I would normally say “no” but the radio box is air conditioned.

It won't be the same in 16 without you. I am the same as pretty much everyone on here. A win and we go into the derby next week with some confidence and importantly, a gap and are much more comfortable, lose and we are again under significant pressure. Get it done lads pls

Forum Phoenix

Hi all

Shaun is on pregame Coast FM.

Any questions you want me fired off to him?

Can we please just go the one extra step and play 2,2,2,2,2 so it’s easier for everyone to remember?

Serious question, Mike’s position on squad budget still worries most fans. Do the signings of Harold and Jair represent a change in confidence in where the team is headed and in Staj? Or was this just money we already had in the budget for squad but failed to find a player to spend it on and the club knew GG going would cover Harold?

I think we were very lucky to take points from one of our games, but very unlucky not to on three other occasions. Does he think our current table position matches the football we’ve been playing? And does he think there has been significant improvement under Staj despite the fact we’re yet again around the foot of the ladder.

Cheers Mick

onto it

Hi all

Yes. Just facts please, not wish wash.
What are the fitness levels of the players relative to each other, to other teams, other years?
What sort of running are they doing in the game. Which players do the most work, and who do buggar all?
What about passing percentages? Who is good? Who is shit?
Tackles, intercepts...
Losing the ball...
Gaining the ball...

Then we can really justify our misconceptions and prejudices. Our amateurish misunderstandings could be completely wiped, or perhaps raised another level. :- )

scoober

Hi all

Where are we in relation to retainment on key players who are off contract?
Is Staj planning already for recruitment next year or is dependant on retainment first etc? (mind you funds from judas, simon, melling etc should allow a good chunk of forward planning) I don't want Man U style future planning which we have been guilty of by paying overs under a panicked situation

Wombat

I guess he must be if named as a starter. Staj certainly believes in him.
I'm hoping he's a starter - can't see anyone else making up for the level of work he puts in.

I'd prefer to see Kim start instead of Stens.

marinermick

Yes. Just facts please, not wish wash.
What are the fitness levels of the players relative to each other, to other teams, other years?
What sort of running are they doing in the game. Which players do the most work, and who do buggar all?
What about passing percentages? Who is good? Who is shit?
Tackles, intercepts...
Losing the ball...
Gaining the ball...

Then we can really justify our misconceptions and prejudices. Our amateurish misunderstandings could be completely wiped, or perhaps raised another level. :- )

Hi Onto It

Thanks for these.

These questions are probably best left to the football department though. Don’t think we would get meaningful answers from Shaun.

Cheers
Mick

jacobsfl

Thank you for that solid belly laugh. Also, l have to say, doesn't their forum look like absolute shit? Shout out to Adz who makes our forum easy on the eye and piss easy to navigate. Their layout looks like it's stuck in the 90's, which l guess is appropriate for Newcastle

The state of that website and the posts on it is a scarily accurate representation of the team.

Roy O'Donovan is good though............ (yeah, no)

FFC Mariner

Hi Onto It

Thanks for these.

These questions are probably best left to the football department though. Don’t think we would get meaningful answers from Shaun.

Cheers
Mick
@marinermick
Its looks like our rusted on core support has dropped to about 3.5k
Have the club worked out that you have to win FIRST then people come. Not the other way around.
That means capital has to be invested.
Why does our owner think the rules of commerce dont apply to CCM?

onto it

Kim is all over the shop. He is not a spine player in my view.
Maybe chuck him into full back on the left.
He plays as if he is on holiday, having a kick around at the beach.
The odd burst here and there, no discipline in positioning or work ethic, with the odd glimpse to onlookers to see if anyone noticed.

Insertnamehere

Kim is all over the shop. He is not a spine player in my view.
Maybe chuck him into full back on the left.
Kim has been playing a floating role when starting. He's there to help the defence at CB when not in possession then a freeish role when we have the ball.
Also think stens just needs freshen up. Big season for a junior player

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb