• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R17: Brisbane Roar vs Mariners, in Brisvegas

tsd

What???

That is our best 11,
Who are the 7 kids?
You have a better RB and cb?
Only caceras is new to our midfield.
Simon and duke is a quality strike force if allowed to both play as strikers.

Your post is pointless?
Wow really? Just pointing out that 7 of 10 players in your squad are eligible to play in the youth league or for age restricted teams like ollyroos. I think that makes for an unbalanced team.

pjennings

I still maintain Hutch is the best DM we've got. Caceres is in some form, Monty's going alright, it was always going to be a rough call to displace them after Hutch lost his spot to suspension and we had a win.

I'm quite happy for Hutch to remain of the pine for 2 reasons.

1) He can cover a lot of positions; but more importantly
2) It means Monty and Caceres are playing well enough that there is no reason for them to make way.

Hutch will be back - I suspect he will start tomorrow as I think Mossy will use Caceres to cover for the Flores/McBreen loss at AM.

Bladesman

I would be leaving the Monty/Caceras combination in place based on the performance.

We need to also look to next year so would give Griffiths a run at the back.

I would also be very tempted to give Duke a shot at the 10 role. Whenever I have watched him he does have good awareness and lays the ball off well but with his speed and feeding off Simon I think he could be very dangerous. Although as the safe option Sterj would be good there.

localpom

Same as last week with Griff in for Trent, Hutch back in with Monty and Cassino up to number 10. You know it makes sense!

Reactions: tsd

Wombat

I still maintain Hutch is the best DM we've got. Caceres is in some form, Monty's going alright, it was always going to be a rough call to displace them after Hutch lost his spot to suspension and we had a win.

It's brave of you to assume that on the strength of two games that my assessment of the players has changed enormously. I've been watching football long enough to know that two games doesn't tell you all that much.

I'm not 100% convinced on Caceras but clearly he is a better prospect than Hutcho, especially as he can run forwards, can pass forwards and can score. With game time he could develop into a world beater.
Monty is better than Hutcho in every aspect.

localpom

I'm not 100% convinced on Caceras but clearly he is a better prospect than Hutcho, especially as he can run forwards, can pass forwards and can score. With game time he could develop into a world beater.
Agreed. Monty has been our best all season, no question. Hutch is still the one captain who has delivered all and I want him in the team somewhere. He bleeds yellow. There is room. Caceres has to continue though, although young he has more talent than anyone else in the side now Flores, Wee Mac and Trent are injured or gone.

nebakke

Christ! If ever there was a time for the boys to come out firing on ask cylinders, this is it, nothing to lose, with Smurfs and MV both dropping points and everything to win with WSW doing the same - NOW is the time to show the world that we can come out strong, even after a day like yesterday...
COYY! CRY HAVOC AND LET SLIP THE DOGS OF WAR!

dibo

Given that it's obvious you don't actually watch football, what is it that you actually do for those two hours a week that we're on?

Wombat

Given that it's obvious you don't actually watch football, what is it that you actually do for those two hours a week that we're on?

Ill let that pass as you have probably had a couple too many and I respect you for supporting the Mariners from day 1 and the fact that you are a moderator for this forum.

I won't mention the fact that you were a strong supporter of Brad Porter to question your knowledge of Football.

true believer

cheers . the best bit was you warming to hutch at left cb once wombat bagged it .but then picking a fight once i'd given you another win 8 nudge.
ooh and how good is sterjo going .
it's just a circle game

:piralaugh::pirashoot:

and middy will like this

eenfish

Steady on mate. He has some good points as silly as Womby can be sometimes: Monty has been fantastic even if Hutch can pass better Monty has had it in most ways, and Caceres as mighty as his goal was still shows promise but isn't the full goods and it wasn't until last week that I started to think he would deliver on his promise.

Onto more pressing matters, if any Sydney folk want a yellow shirt to watch the game with I'll be at the Queen Victoria on Enmore Rd tomorrow ;)

Roy Law

I would suggest that what is required on this forum is an 'unlike' button.

Ancient Mariner

Welcome to the world of Grumpy Old Men.:soapbox:

Dibo, I think you will find that many who watch from Bay 16 only see the game in two dimensions and miss out on much of the depth aspect. It amazed me how much more of the game I could see when I moved from there.

Others watch it on tv and miss much that is happening off the ball.

I think it is the reason for much of what appears to be the lack of understanding of what is good football displayed by some on this forum.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred