• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R16 v Brisbane Roar (H)

Timmah

Squad | 1. Mark BIRIGHITTI (gk), 2.Ian Zygmunt GORDON, 3.Jack CLISBY, 4. Eunsun KIM, 6.Giancarlo GALLIFUOCO, 7. Milan ÐURIĆ, 8. Michael MCGLINCHEY, 9. Jordan MURRAY, 10. Tommy OAR, 11. Daniel DESILVA, 12. Adam PEARCE (gk), 15. Kye ROWLES, 17. Samuel SILVERA, 18. Gianni STENSNESS, 19. Matthew SIMON, 21. Ruon TONGYIK, 26. Joshua NISBET, 27. Lewis MILLER, 29. Jair BRITTO 30. Dylan RUIZ-DIAZ

INS: 17. Samuel SILVERA (Return from personal leave), 21. Ruon TONGYIK (Promoted), 26. Joshua NISBET (Promoted), 30. Dylan RUIZ-DIAZ (Promoted)
OUTS: Nil
Unavailable: Nil

Match Details
Saturday, 25 January 2020
Kick-off: 5:00pm AEDT
Venue: Central Coast Stadium Gosford
Broadcast: Fox Sports 505, ABC
Stream: MyFootball App, Kayo Sports
TICKETS: CLICK HERE

Melange

I think this is the team that's beaten us the most (?), time to turn the tables! I'm hoping for 3 wins in a row.

I want:
Jairs first goal which will give him a massive confidence boost
A really good, solid win with us having complete control of the game.

I just have a feeling that if we get this one with a couple of well contributed goals then we'll get on a roll. If not I think the season will get away from us.

COYY

Big Al

Squad | 1. Mark BIRIGHITTI (gk), 2.Ian Zygmunt GORDON, 3.Jack CLISBY, 4. Eunsun KIM, 6.Giancarlo GALLIFUOCO, 7. Milan ÐURIĆ, 8. Michael MCGLINCHEY, 9. Jordan MURRAY, 10. Tommy OAR, 11. Daniel DESILVA, 12. Adam PEARCE (gk), 15. Kye ROWLES, 17. Samuel SILVERA, 18. Gianni STENSNESS, 19. Matthew SIMON, 21. Ruon TONGYIK, 26. Joshua NISBET, 27. Lewis MILLER, 29. Jair BRITTO 30. Dylan RUIZ-DIAZ

INS: 17. Samuel SILVERA (Return from personal leave), 21. Ruon TONGYIK (Promoted), 26. Joshua NISBET (Promoted), 30. Dylan RUIZ-DIAZ (Promoted)
OUTS: Nil
Unavailable: Nil

Match Details
Saturday, 25 January 2020
Kick-off: 5:00pm AEDT
Venue: Central Coast Stadium Gosford
Broadcast: Fox Sports 505, ABC
Stream: MyFootball App, Kayo Sports
TICKETS: CLICK HERE
Well SS is named

Big Al

With Sammy back and rumours his girlfriend is in LA as well.

He’s either going to be really tired or stress free ;) and ready to fire.

Put him coach

In the second half for the winner

LFCMariners

I don't believe in a Roar curse of any sort-

Because if this were true, CCM would never have beaten them in pre-season trial matches in Qld even when there were literally 3 CCM fans to 2,000+ Roar fans at some State League venue, and CCM wouldn't have knocked them out of the FFA Cup up in Redcliffe less than 6 months ago. I can't believe that there is some hoodoo that lies dormant in pre-season friendlies and FFA Cup matches then suddenly comes to life when the fixture is in the A-League regular season!

My theory as to why the Roar have such a good winning record against CCM is that since the first A-League season, the squad strength and form of both clubs has usually correlated. In the early seasons both sides were regular top 4 contenders (remember CCM only secured the 2008 Premiership after the Roar fell apart on the road against Adelaide when just a single point would've won the league for them). Then Lawrie moved aside at the same time Frank Farina got sacked. We got Arnie and turned into a really good team- but they got Ange and turned into the best attacking side we've seen in the short history of the league. CCM were resourceful and boasted a lot of budding NT players- yet Brisbane had a few more class players that could perfectly execute Ange's system and developed a self-belief that only gained momentum as the wins racked up. But then Ange left for Melbourne/ Arnie left for Sydney and since then both clubs have usually been mediocre or rubbish at the same time. What works in their favour is being a bigger club with more money to spend, and the results usually reflect this.

You want to talk about a "curse" in this league, look at the Roar vs the Jets over the years. Even when the Jets have been rubbish and the Roar have been a solid team, the Jets have more often than not been able to somehow grab a win against them, at home or in Brisbane. I know about this because I have a Roar supporting friend who despises the Jets as much as we do, and it's one of his reasons (apart from the fact it's the Jets)...

So no I don't think there's some "Roar curse" but saying that it'd be sweet to knock them off on Sunday, and send their fans back home dumbfounded after so many years of turning up and assuming they'll get a result. I'd hope CCM are keen to turn around last week's sub-par showing in Geelong and go all out for the win here, although Brisbane have looked better of late and beating the Nix last weekend should have instilled a bit more confidence in them. Also no doubt they're aware of their winning record in Gosford and will back themselves. I'm sensing a 2-2 draw in this one.

Elite

Feel like a broken record saying this but it's a must win game again. Need to go on a run with the next few matches.

Brisbane are definitely beatable. Hopefully the lads are up for this one.

MagpieMariner

Seeing we have trouble this season in scoring more than once (lately we have some trouble scoring once), if we get something from this one it'll be either a clean sheet to us or 1-1.

Tevor

I think we are pretty evenly matched teams however they are currently showing better form being unbeaten in their last four matches. If we lose the fan base will start to become restless I feel and the spoon beckons. Even a draw is not a great result, needs to be a win.

Timmah

Referee: Adam Fielding
Assistant Referee 1: Owen Goldrick
Assistant Referee 2: Andrej Giev
Fourth Official: Katie Patterson
VAR: Kris Griffiths-Jones

Brisbane Roar FC squad: 1.Max CROCOMBE (gk), 2.Scott NEVILLE, 3.Corey BROWN, 4.Daniel BOWLES, 5.Tom ALDRED (c), 6.Macaulay GILLESPHEY, 8.Jacob PEPPER, 10.Bradden INMAN, 15.Aaron REARDON, 19.Jack HINGERT, 20.Aaron AMADI-HOLLOWAY, 21.Jamie YOUNG (gk), 22.Jake McGING, 23.Dylan WENZEL-HALLS, 25.Rahmat AKBARI, 26.Jay O’SHEA, 27.Kai TREWIN, 28.Izaack POWELL, 30.Mirza MURATOVIC, 77.Scott MCDONALD **2-4 to be omitted**

Ins: 5.Tom ALDRED (returns from suspension), 15.Aaron REARDON (promoted), 27.Kai TREWIN (promoted)
Outs: Nil
Unavailable: 12.Aiden O’NEILL (international duty), 24.Connor O’TOOLE (international duty), 29.Jordan COURTNEY-PERKINS (knee – TBC)

https://www.a-league.com.au/news/hyundai-ins-and-outs-round-16-0

Forum Phoenix

Very glad to have Silvera back. I think he offers us some quality that we definitely need, that being an attacking mid who actually knows how to score, but he still needs time to adapt at this level - somewhat to the pace, but especially to the physicality and the players around him.

Personally I’d be developing him with as many minutes as I could, not just off the bench, as I think he has the potential to pay dividends much quicker than most young players and with the exception of Milan and Kim, he’s at least as good as what we have now Also on a business level, if/when he succeeds, his price tag goes up.

I wasn’t opposed to a quick sale if it meant keeping vital players like Birra and Milan and helping us bolster other positions. But wombats right imo, he’s a good bet to make us a lot more in a year from now, but that can only happen if we play him consistently.

Id be benching DDS and putting Silvera central. I’d get Oar back to left mid where he belongs. Move Rowles left and bring in Tongyik. After his horror run Rowles could do with a game playing a bit wider. Then I’d Play Muzz or Jair on the right. Probably Jair.

FFC Mariner

I think the SS hype is more reflective of how shit we have become than about his talent.
He is starting out, played a few minutes and scored once
He may well go on to be a great player but he isnt one yet

Tim

There have been some comments here re Roy and no mention of him in the Roar. Anyone know what’s going on? On the outer? A possible pick-up for CCM? I like Jair but think a proven aggressive (at times too much) striker like Roy would make a difference. I personally have no issue with him leaving us for more coin elsewhere (remember it’s his job and he has a family to feed) and would welcome him back as a handy option. He and Jair can fight it out for a contract next season (and, if Roy gets citizenship he doesn’t take a visa spot) and I imagine he would have a point to prove...

Just a thought...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami