R16 v Brisbane Roar (H)

Discussion in 'Central Coast Mariners FC' started by Timmah, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Pirate Pete

Pirate Pete Well-Known Member

I was too busy talking at half time & too dejected to look at the screen at the end.
    I no longer have a membership over the club anyway. Long story.... idiots.

• Like Like x 1
  2. true believer

true believer Well-Known Member

yep

3. onto it

onto it Active Member

Even if they wanted to work they couldn't - they are both too fat. A little of Brand Rudan's pinch testing wouldn't go astray here.

4. pjennings

pjennings Well-Known Member

Even though he only has 4 months to go is it possible that we are selling him? The J-League starts soon and aligns with the K-League. Otherwise what happens to him when he finishes with us and the ban is lifted mid year. The K-League teams and J-League teams will all have their DMs in place.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
  5. turbo

turbo Well-Known Member

If we are we're leaving it late to get it done and I doubt we would see a replacement. With one visa tied up on the fringes of the squad we can't afford to lose another for the rest of the season.

6. pjennings

pjennings Well-Known Member

Maybe - but a lot of J-League and K-League players come of contract as at 31/1/2020. Maybe a loan deal to bring in a goal scoring #10 or striker with the thinking that between Stens, GG and Nizzy we can cover Kim.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. turbo

turbo Well-Known Member

The start or end of the day? Because from what I can see with time zones they wouldnt count as free agents unless they were free before our window closes tomorrow night.

8. FFC Mariner

FFC Mariner Well-Known Member

Isnt he still banned in Korea?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Tevor

Tevor Well-Known Member

I've given up on any transfer window movements and that includes re-signing the players we want. Notice Moss is retiring so we probably have the Scum as serious opposition to keeping Birraz. Wonder if he still has a soft spot for the Scum and Moss will probably free up some good cash.

10. turbo

turbo Well-Known Member

If he moves I would think it would probably be to Macarthur purely off who we know will be looking and have a decent budget therefore decent chances (though not always the case). Jets aren't likely to be a whole lot better of a situation than us any time soon. Haven't checked all the keepers across the league though I believe a few including decent backups like Acton are coming off contract this year. The market was a lot worse when we managed to pick up Birraz.

But yeah I can see him slipping away as he tries to carry the team. Only wins will help.

11. priorpeter

priorpeter Well-Known Member

Birraz won’t sign for another HAL club.

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
  12. Tim

Tim Member

What is the above Birraz comment based on?

13. priorpeter

priorpeter Well-Known Member

I’m a detective and I’m really good at puzzles.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Tim

Tim Member

Lol, keep up the good work!!

15. Waspish

Waspish Active Member

Could be as simple as Kim might have a niggling injury or something

• Agree Agree x 1