• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R16 v Brisbane Roar (H)

Coastalraider

The problem is, WeeMac (Like Simon) are obvious second tier player in the worst roster in the A-League - they hold no value elsewhere. There are no other teams stupid enough to waste a Visa spot on WeeMac.

They may hold so e value with some lower league Asian teams, but to be fair they are more than likely ready to retire, so would sit in the pine and collect their above average wages, and who could blame them? Every contract negotiation is a game of 2 sides trying to get the best deal for themselves. -I know who won that game.

onto it

I'd like to see Ziggy and Miller trade places.
Zigs for me has the intuition of a fullback, but not a CD. He is forever sitting on his own at the back putting attackers onside. I think perhaps he lacks the skillset, size and confidence for that role, whereas he is quite nippy on the side of defence. I just don't see him as a spine player.
Miller is doing some good things at FB, but is not defending. It seems to me he does not have the engine to get up and down as is needed in that role. Although he made a lot of mistakes earlier in the season,many leading to goals, I think he is best developed at centre back because he does have the size, confidence and technical skills needed in the game today. This would free up the midfield, who are better on the ball, so they can do their stuff a little further up the pitch, rather than having to look after a currently extremely disorganised back line.
Just my two cents worth pre game...

FFC Mariner

Ziggy is a terrible full back. He has no pace and doesnt have the engine to get back if he is pushed high up the pitch.
He started the season at RB and was awful sadly

Insertnamehere

Ziggy is a terrible full back. He has no pace and doesnt have the engine to get back if he is pushed high up the pitch.
I think part of Ziggy's game is he knows he's pretty quick so he gives himself that extra yard he shouldn't because he assumes he can make it up. But it's mostly a 30+yo chasing 20 something's. Then he's making lunging tackles to grab that final bit of turf.
It's just not working.
Oh and he can't cross. So there's no point in being up the field

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

That might explain why so many goals come from him standing off his player. He seems to genuinely not know where to stand and often leaves his player - but he doesn't succeed at blocking the passing lanes and isn't able to cover the zone. He's been a disappointing signing. We were all excited about him before the season.

onto it

That might explain why so many goals come from him standing off his player. He seems to genuinely not know where to stand and often leaves his player - but he doesn't succeed at blocking the passing lanes and isn't able to cover the zone. He's been a disappointing signing. We were all excited about him before the season.
I guess we have a way to go before we get a decent squad together.

onto it

I think it is a mistake to expect both left and right full backs to be up high at the same time.
As football tends to do, we are following the patterns of the top teams (ie Liverpool) but we do not have the boys to pull the job off.

turbo

Back to a single striker too. Interested to see how we line up. No notable RW so I’m guessing DDS is pushed over.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred