• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R16 away @ Adelaide

nebakke

For... f**k Sake... And we're back to BAU...

f**king sitting deep in defence and clearly out of ideas and we're back at it... Left ruing how Hoole should have been f**king pulled at the 60th...

My biggest frustration right now is that I actually think we have the cattle to have gotten something out of pretty much every game for the last month, so much of it smells like shitty man-management on the day...

shipwreck

I'm gonna start betting on the other team to win the second half, it's happened almost like clockwork for over a month and the odds have been very good

BaysideMariner

I am unsure how to feel. Such a great effort for 70 minutes. Then we just sat back and invited them to score. Then do we blame Millar and Hirariej? or do we blame the entire team.
We looked better tonight. I will go to next weeks game to see the evolution of the side. I just hope it is without Hoole. Goal or not he is an oxygen thief.

Coastalraider

I honesty think it’s a fatigue thing now, but mentally as well as physically.
Our squad isn’t as good as everyone elses - that a fact that’s hard to argue. For us to be competitive, we have to operate at a higher level of effort, and that can only be sustained for so long. Mid way through the second halves, we are not only running out of puff, but we start making bad decisions due to mental fatigue.
Other teams make a sub to bring impact, we make subs because our players can’t run anymore.

true believer

i blame mm 100% . we needed go forward so he subs mcglinchy and clisby and kekeris gets no time at all .
what a f'kn dud mm is .

turbo

Just caught up, that’s a tough loss to take. On the plus side we don’t look like a 10th place team and we really took it to them today. Had enough chances to win it.

Stand out issues for me:
Hoole was largely invisible outside of the goal and maybe 5-10 mins after. Should have been subbed earlier.
MM should have been starting subs around 60 mins, the drop off was obvious at home so surely he saw it too. Bringing Clisby on was a strange choice too.
Simon does a huge amount of work and some good stuff but he just isn’t a dangerous striker and as a result we’re always looking to someone else to provide the goals. A few times especially early he held up the ball instead of passing it on again and stopped a quick counter in its tracks.
The Ref seemed really reluctant to call anything today, was pretty even about it but it definitely suited Adelaide’s style more than ours. When Isaais (I think) ran in to Simons back and MM got the yellow that was just wrong. Good to see the VAR didn’t screw is on that handball.

The next game will be tough but now the midweek games have stopped and Jem is coming in we should put in a decent showing. We aren’t the push overs we were 10 rounds ago.

Also honourable mention to Rowles on the goal saving clearance.

turbo

Gillett got a research position ? Researching what , how to get a fkn personality and not f**k up footy games

Gillett graduated with a PhD in Biomechanics from The University of Queensland in December 2018, which focused on children with Cerebral Palsy. Gillett has been offered and accepted a position at Liverpool John Moore's University, where he will continue his research

Feel like an arsehole yet?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred