• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R16 away @ Adelaide

true believer

No sorry Mick i only stayed 15 mins. I dont think Shabow will be included. He was working with Oar and Gameiro.

The players that wont be playing are Kek, Pearce, Berry, Cisse, Golec, Gem and obviously the 3 crocs.
shame i don't think we can win without shabow at ten till the new boy is online

Wombat

I don't think Shabow has played at 10 TB.
And the new boy is a DM. I heard Mulvey tell O'Neill he is a CB but he was grinning at the time?
I think Oar will play 10 (Hoole and Weemac were failures) so probs Gem and Tommy as DM's.
With Gem, Tom and Aiden in the Mids we have plenty of options.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Jem touts himself as a ‘box-to-Box midfielder’ so perhaps more than a DM?
Sounds like it. He might be able to give us that much needed midfield control and also ensure that we're not useless without Tom H.
And even if it's this season only - if that lifts us up a few places it's going to help our recruitment next season.

Ozhammer

Very quiet on this thread, so perhaps there is a sense of collective apprehension among us?

I am really unsure how the boys will go tonight if I am being honest and more than a little concerned that we only managed one point from the two games against teams outside the top six. Adelaide are a good side that is difficult to play against, especially at Coopers, plus we are coming off the back of a gruelling schedule.

The most disappointing thing is that we should have got 3 points from the Roar game and at least 1 from the Jest match to add to the 3 we took from $ity but we didn’t. 7 points from 9 would have had the boys travelling to SA with confidence and belief, plus the momentum of having gotten off the bottom of the table but as it is, this will now just be another tough fixture.

BaysideMariner

I don't think Shabow has played at 10 TB.
And the new boy is a DM. I heard Mulvey tell O'Neill he is a CB but he was grinning at the time?
I think Oar will play 10 (Hoole and Weemac were failures) so probs Gem and Tommy as DM's.
With Gem, Tom and Aiden in the Mids we have plenty of options.
Last week Pain seemed to wait for Shabow to overlap him around the outside to create space on a few occasions. Pain waited and when it didnt happen he tried something else. If Shabow does play at 10 I hope they have shown him the video as we need Pain firing on all cylinders to win anything.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
So, Barrel Boys it is then...f**kit, I’m tipping that we shock the world ...as long “Longbomb” Melling and “Snapturn” Hoole get minimal to none game time
#COYY

Forum Phoenix

Very quiet on this thread, so perhaps there is a sense of collective apprehension among us?

I am really unsure how the boys will go tonight if I am being honest and more than a little concerned that we only managed one point from the two games against teams outside the top six. Adelaide are a good side that is difficult to play against, especially at Coopers, plus we are coming off the back of a gruelling schedule.

The most disappointing thing is that we should have got 3 points from the Roar game and at least 1 from the Jest match to add to the 3 we took from $ity but we didn’t. 7 points from 9 would have had the boys travelling to SA with confidence and belief, plus the momentum of having gotten off the bottom of the table but as it is, this will now just be another tough fixture.

Still recovering from Roos depression.

We’ve improved a lot but Adelaide are a better side than scum or roar and imo city also.

We’re spooning, we’re exhausted, impacted by injuries, and frustrated that we never get the rub of the green...

But Tom Aspro Millar Pain and Matty and Oneil, to some degree are all shining and others like Murray are showing promise.

I can’t see us getting over the top of them without a good bit of luck, or the reds having an off day, but I think we’ll put in a spirited showing at least.

If we can get a point I’d be very proud of them after this many games. But I’ll take even a strong performance regardless of the scoreline for this game.

Scotty

My first ever team line-up on the forum. But what would I know?!? Hahaha o_O

---------------------------BK
Rowles---------Aspro------------O'Neill---------Clisby

Hoole-------Tom H----------Nesbit---------Pain

-----------------Simon-----Murray

Millar comes off the bench for Hoole at 60th minute (he needs a rest).

Elite

My first ever team line-up on the forum. But what would I know?!? Hahaha o_O

---------------------------BK
Rowles---------Aspro------------O'Neill---------Clisby

Hoole-------Tom H----------Nesbit---------Pain

-----------------Simon-----Murray

Millar comes off the bench for Hoole at 60th minute (he needs a rest).
If fully fit, I'd prefer Shabow to start over Hoole.

Agreed Millar is gassed and needs a rest. Late second half spell is probably the go.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred