• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R15 - F3 Derby #46 (Away)

Ozhammer

Just about to leave Vanuatu to head home via Auckland, as that’s the only way I can get back to the coast in time to make this one, so if I am putting in that much effort, I bloody hope the boys can do the same!

This is going to be a tough one with our injuries and the recent schedule, which is quickly followed by a trip to Adelaide, so hopefully MM will have the sense to throw in enough fresh legs and not risk any fatigued players more than absolutely necessary.

Imo this whole Summer of Football is an unnecessary bit of bullshit by Fox Sports, which puts players at risk and has seen the quality of some games nose dive due to the player’s energy levels dropping. Whilst the last two matches have been high scoring, (and is exactly what Fox wants), that just masks the fact that there have been more lacklustre contests due to fatigue and team’s injury lists will all have grown.

Still, in our case at least Gamiero now has some company :doh:

Michael

Sorry but why would you suggest reverting to a back four when we have fewer defensive options? Surely you stick with a back 3 and shuffle the deck further forward. Clisby or Cisse (typed with gritted teeth) can come into the back line as needed, with Kekeris and McDonald played at wing back, meaning O’Neil, Hoole and Weemac are our midfield, with Berry as cover and Nisbet on the bench.

Because with defenders selected for this one, it makes for a very natural back 4 (2 lefties 2 righties) and then a natural midfield with practically every player in their natural position. The only ramifications would be Millar not bombing on as much.
Mulvey won’t do it though.

Elite

ABC radio just said Cisse could return.
Not mentioned in the squad yesterday though.
Interesting. Would be a welcome addition to the squad, regardless of his previous antics in my opinion. Giving us another defensive option, especially when we are light on numbers, is only going to benefit.

Just needs to keep his head. He was very solid for us in the early parts of the season.

Michael

Interesting. Would be a welcome addition to the squad, regardless of his previous antics in my opinion. Giving us another defensive option, especially when we are light on numbers, is only going to benefit.

Just needs to keep his head. He was very solid for us in the early parts of the season.

You’re right, he was very solid the first few weeks of the season. Was leading Alex Tobin votes too.

But if he is a late inclusion due to maybe Tom dropping out, he would honestly have to play the game of his life AND score the winning goal to win back the majority of us after his stupidity and then blasting Monty.

turbo

he would honestly have to play the game of his life AND score the winning goal to win back the majority of us after his stupidity and then blasting Monty.

People will forgive or forget if he is doing a great job, we need a solid defender more than we need to hold a grudge but unfortunately he hasn't been that solid since the opening rounds. He just didnt look up to the pace IMO.

I think keeping our usual setup makes the most sense, the guys have been watching it for a few games now and should know what is expected of each role regardless of what personnel changes need to happen due to injury. Changing both the formation and faces with a short turn around feels like a risk we don't need to take.

Edit- Cisse having experience in DM may give us a flexible sub option as well if he was a late inclusion.

priorpeter

I never understood the cisse love. Faty mkII as far as I’m concerned, absolute dud. Too slow, poor passer, and apparently prone to the odd brain snap. Sure he made some last ditch challenges which people thought were cool but these were often caused by poor postitioning or letting his man beat him in the first place. No thanks.

Michael

The club are using our lord, saviour and adonis Tommy H in the social media advertising for tonight.

I’m going to go ahead and jump the gun 10 hours before kick off and say he’s starting.

NoDiggity

The club are using our lord, saviour and adonis Tommy H in the social media advertising for tonight.

I’m going to go ahead and jump the gun 10 hours before kick off and say he’s starting.
They used tommy oar on Wednesday and he wasn’t even in the squad :D

marinermick

Haha, that is a certain kiss of death.

The club has more than often had players in their promotion and then ended up not playing. Tommy Oar last weekend was the latest example.

Forum Phoenix

People will forgive or forget if he is doing a great job, we need a solid defender more than we need to hold a grudge but unfortunately he hasn't been that solid since the opening rounds. He just didnt look up to the pace IMO.

I think keeping our usual setup makes the most sense, the guys have been watching it for a few games now and should know what is expected of each role regardless of what personnel changes need to happen due to injury. Changing both the formation and faces with a short turn around feels like a risk we don't need to take.

Edit- Cisse having experience in DM may give us a flexible sub option as well if he was a late inclusion.

Beyond his bran snap. For me he’s just too slow unfortunately. You can see two or three years ago he could have been great in this league. But not now. It’s not just a turn of pace, watch him turn with or without the ball and his reaction speed... it just isn’t there.

Gets away with it in some situations, but in others is totally exposed and then has no chance of recovering.

Wombat

3 of us going now.

COYY.

BTW my Son can't make it so i have a pass if anyone wants to borrow it for tonight's game

Josho Howe

Don't think the turnout will be great tonight. Wednesday 8pm kick off doesn't suit anyone. FFA scheduling smh. The next away game against them up there in March is a Saturday arvo so that will get more up there, especially if our form picks up further and we're not on the bottom.

nebakke

Don't think the turnout will be great tonight. Wednesday 8pm kick off doesn't suit anyone. FFA scheduling smh. The next away game against them up there in March is a Saturday arvo so that will get more up there, especially if our form picks up further and we're not on the bottom.

This one is a fscking joke... Of all the games they put one of the derby games on a Tuesday last year and this year it's a Wednesday :( The summer of football is a joke to start with, but did they have to bloody top it up with putting one of the biggest draw-cards for us and the Jest on a bloody weekday?

Josho Howe

FFA - ''Yes, of course we'll give the Mariners a prime time game..............on a Wednesday''

Attachments

• Laughing-Men-In-Suits.jpg
    Laughing-Men-In-Suits.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 12

Wombat

To all the chaps heading up the road ...have a grouse time , sing the boys to another point or three
#DontBreakTheStreak

,and if the scummers are true to their word, you’ll have run of the toxic dump, cause their staying home

We out sung them last time anyway.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred