• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R13 - Over the ditch against the Nix

Josho Howe

At least Murray actually got himself into the game, why did Jair not do that? Yes he got no service but what did he do to try and get into the game?

Forum Phoenix

What was that tripe? I actually like our coach I think he can improve this team but what is going on?

Im not at all sold on GG. How do others rate him? I think we need smarter sharper footballers.

DDS... he is unfortunately the epitome of what greenling said. All huff and puff and no end product.

I keep saying it, but I don’t think Silvera is a wide player. Better central.

Stens I like, but thought he was beaten today.

Miller gets my 3 points. Kim 2. Oar 1.

Birra honourable mention / he is a great keeper.

Tevor

Had the one shot on target at least. Jair touched the ball what, 4 times? Not good enough. Not good enough all around.
I’m not defending Jair as I agree, Muzz does not have the confidence. He should have 4 or 5 goals this season not 1 a long time ago now. He isn’t taking his chances.

Forum Phoenix

At least Murray actually got himself into the game, why did Jair not do that? Yes he got no service but what did he do to try and get into the game?

He worked hard, zero service because the game only opened up later when we started throwing caution to the wind and they started trying to hold their lead.

Muzz made good runs and took up good positions. If only he could convert.

Josho Howe

He worked hard, zero service because the game only opened up later when we started throwing caution to the wind and they started trying to hold their lead.

Muzz made good runs and took up good positions. If only he could convert.

Barely noticed him. I think we need plenty of time on the training ground getting Jair involved in our play if he is to stay as our starting striker because it was almost as if we didn't wanna give him the ball at times in the 1st half. Work on hold up play to set up others and make some good late runs into the box.

booney

What a frustrating performance again.Slow to shut down Wellington in midfield in first half and LB position a definite weakness ( Oar and Clisby both defensive liabilities).Indeed Miller did not look too bad when he went to LB so maybe needs to stay there.Stensness,Gallifluoco and Desilva did not link well in attack and disjointed when defending.Kim is very good but must be frustrated at quality of some team mates.Silvera not living up to early season hype and low on confidence.Jair did not get much joy and Murray is not sharp. I suspect another wooden spoon this season as I can sense the players are losing faith in each other and maybe the coach. Hopefully I am wrong and Roar and the Jets continue to stumble as well but both of them have looked better in last games.

ccm16

Murray very overrated imo. Danny always lacks the quality in that final touch whether that be a shot or a pass. Jair I thought was pretty decent and I’ve rated him in past games too.

FFC Mariner

We signed a player who proved he cant score goals in the AL and therefore cant be surprised when he cant score goals for us.

Ancient Mariner

I think the best we can hope for this season is to be seen as a viable option and not the joke we were last season.
If this works out to be so, hopefully we will be able to hang onto some of the up and coming players and not have them queuing up to be on the first stage out of town (eg TBT and Wales). Hopefully we will be able to attract a few decent players as well rather than the leftovers and foreigners who are desperate.

pjennings

This. Probably won't be very well received on here but I'd take Jair in a heartbeat. Got a lot more pace and definitely a better first touch.

Murray is a cheap squaddie who was brought in from the NPL. Jair is a visa player probably on double he is. They should not be compared.

Elite

Murray is a cheap squaddie who was brought in from the NPL. Jair is a visa player probably on double he is. They should not be compared.
I can't imagine Jair being on huge coin with us. We are all aware of our limited resources and it's not like he was getting bombarded with offers from other clubs from all reports.

The expectations amongst some fans is certainly not one of a "cheap squaddie from the NPL". Some have touted that exact opposite, using the top NPL goalscorer to reinforce their opinion.

Drew

hi guys, overall I think our performance was average at best, relatively poor first half and we were lucky to get that goal, second half was much better but we just couldn't convert our chances, again! we deserved a point for that game I think

Ads

My new pick based on current situation.

————— Birra ——————
—————————————-
Ziggy—-Kim—Rowles—Miller
——————————————
Muz-—-DDS——Niz——Oar
——————————————
—————-Duric——————
——————Jair—————-

Silvera - 70min
Stens - 60min
Simon - 80min

1) Murray’s assist & involvement stats + effort could make a case for giving him a chance on the wing again.

2) I think Kim does well to steady the team at CB but has to stay there!

Need to let the ball do the work and hold our positional circumstance until the exact moment to kill.

3) DDS grabs the ball from the backs and happy for him to stay as a dual CM and control the mid, also no wondering.

4) Niz start and control the game and let DDS finally get some balls through.
Stensness to come on and tactically defend and break down attacks at 65min.

5) Duric needs to save energy and focus on finding room for the low shots and provide scraps for Jair, and Murray to contribute wide low pass like they did tonight for their first goal.

6) Oar to focus on holding his position as a dedicated winger and clean crosses.

7) Not ideal having Miller at left back but Ziggy needs to move further away from the centre than he is now in the back 3 system, he’s a bit too slow and his tackling is good but tracking/awareness is average.

8) Too many players trying to do each other’s jobs.
If we can emulate Sydney style with their similar discipline!
That would be nice.

Holy

Part of our problem, highlighted tonight is a lack of CB’s. We don’t have 1, let alone 2 CB’s that have the physical or the defensive ability to outdo their opponent, especially in a 1 v 1 situation.
I admire Staj for giving it a try, but he just doesn’t have the cattle to play a back 3.
You can talk about formations all you like, but it’s the basic stuff that frustrates me the most. Tonight, we just needed to win tackles, win the race to the ball, drop on 2nd balls, run forward, play forward, run back, defend and as a team we don’t do this basic stuff well enough. Sure there are individuals that do, but as a team, not good enough. Better than last season, sure, but still a long way from most other teams.

Forum Phoenix

Barely noticed him. I think we need plenty of time on the training ground getting Jair involved in our play if he is to stay as our starting striker because it was almost as if we didn't wanna give him the ball at times in the 1st half. Work on hold up play to set up others and make some good late runs into the box.

Yeah I think this needs to happen. There isn’t an understanding yet but that’s not surprising really. Personally I think Jair is a good addition to the squad.

He does actually work hard off the ball. But he’s definitely not a hold up back to goal player and our build up play was almost non existent after we went down the first goal. DDS was picking up the ball almost on our 18 yard line. Was not good.

Attacking defending balance is wrong in that 352 imo. Far too many defensive players who aren’t great on the ball needed to contribute to attack. And it shows through in how poor we are at things like getting numbers into the box and second or third waves of attack.

Forum Phoenix

I think the best we can hope for this season is to be seen as a viable option and not the joke we were last season.
If this works out to be so, hopefully we will be able to hang onto some of the up and coming players and not have them queuing up to be on the first stage out of town (eg TBT and Wales). Hopefully we will be able to attract a few decent players as well rather than the leftovers and foreigners who are desperate.

Hmmm, Staj still hopes for finals football. But what you say looks likely.

More coin you’d think but I doubt much more under the circumstances? Imo Jair is clearly a better player at present than Murray. But it seems some people were determined to not like him before he’d even kicked a ball for us and are equally determined to like Muzz.

Personally I’d like to be able to love them both because they were scoring bags of goals for us.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami