• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R13 - Over the ditch against the Nix

Josho Howe

COME ON. They've let us back in the game and that was the chance. What a terrible attempt. Not hard to get that on target

Forum Phoenix

Can’t agree FP. They strolled down the middle and Ziggy was the last line he came up way to high and missed the tackle.

The ball was then just played into space. A good through ball. Clisby was actually the only one close to getting back. Just because it was scored in his position doesn’t make it his fault.

2nd should of been closed by the mids. They are supposed to drop into to that corner pocket and double team and cut off the angle on those shots.

I think Clisby is coping hate today based on prior performances not judged fairly on today

Ageee on Ziggy but on Clisby... just watch it? It’s his man who once again just gets to just make an untracked run and get behind and easily sets up the goal. It’s not even happening quickly for this level, so much time to see it. But he’s oblivious.

That run is so bloody easy to cut out, all he has to do is the first and most fundamental of his jobs and actually be aware. And I’m only angry because he’s been doing it all season. And teams have. Wen scoring, It’s known to every side we face. He’s a huge liability.

Forum Phoenix

COME ON. They've let us back in the game and that was the chance. What a terrible attempt. Not hard to get that on target

Hard to take, would have been a quality deserved goal. Should be 2-2.

Good tackle by Clisby. Happy to give credit where it’s due. But it doesn’t make up for all the other dross.

greenlig

Our worst player forced an own goal. Match review right there. We huffed and puffed, but zero creativity facing the goal. We dominated the second half, but teams know that's ok because we won't score. Duric was sorely missed.

Josho Howe

We needed to get something out of that game. We can't afford to keep dropping points and falling further behind. A draw would have been a fair result but we come away with nothing coz no one could finish. Those chances HAVE to be taken by a team in our position.

1st half defence cost us dearly, credit to them 2nd half, we were the better side for the most part but you can have all the possession and good play but if no one can tuck it away, it means nothing

Charlie1

Staj has to take a lot of blame for that game back 3 didn’t work players out of position and resting our leading goal scorer. Like to see Simon and Jaír together up front

nero

What was that tripe? I actually like our coach I think he can improve this team but what is going on?

Tevor

Shit game and a team of mid level players that have no idea how to chase a win or draw. Oar can go IMO way too many mistakes and not enough quality from a leader. GG I don’t rate and DDS just can’t score to save himself and too often just tries to be flash not set up play. Muzz you have had your chances and sorry I don’t think you are going to make it. Looking forward to the clean out at seasons end after the third spoon in a row.

Elite

f**k that's frustrating. Had to get something out of that. Better team for basically all of the second half and got nothing to show for it.

greenlig

It's a worry when the creative backup to Duric is Silvera. He's looked listless for a couple of months now. Pity Nizzy kicked the shit out of Staj's dog.

Josho Howe

We have the lowest goals for in the league.

This is that extra quality we need to buy.

Exactly right. If we had Ball or Hooper, where would we be instead of 2nd last and least goals in the league? No clinical striker = no goals and relying on midfielders for goals. No Milan and we have zero X-Factor.

greenlig

Jair can finish, there's just no service. Zero. We had ONE feed to Dasilva in the game, that was it.

Big Al

Ageee on Ziggy but on Clisby... just watch it? It’s his man who once again just gets to just make an untracked run and get behind and easily sets up the goal. It’s not even happening quickly for this level, so much time to see it. But he’s oblivious.

That run is so bloody easy to cut out, all he has to do is the first and most fundamental of his jobs and actually be aware. And I’m only angry because he’s been doing it all season. And teams have. Wen scoring, It’s known to every side we face. He’s a huge liability.
Still not convinced on the first one. It’s really a back 3 and it’s more Rowles than Clisby.

Just saw a different angle on the second and he was horrible. Just lasadazical and weak. First time I thought it was other players but was him. GG dropped into cover him and he didn’t back up GG.

Just felt like everyone was all in on him and no one else when plenty others were worse on the first half. 2nd that i saw he was rubbish except the block.

I’ll happily conceed the argument based on the 2nd goal.

Tevor

f**k that's frustrating. Had to get something out of that. Better team for basically all of the second half and got nothing to show for it.
They comfortably parked the bus and we didn’t let them down with our toothless attack. Just rubbish and I don’t buy into we were the better team in the second half as they had just as many if not more opportunities for their third goal and looked more likely.

Forum Phoenix

Our worst player forced an own goal. Match review right there.

We huffed and puffed, but zero creativity facing the goal. We dominated the second half, but teams know that's ok because we won't score. Duric was sorely missed.

:piralaugh:

That and the rest of your post really does perfectly sum up the game.

Matty did well to set up two chances - but we’ll keep losing games until we have a couple of quality strikers and more than one mid banging them in.

Someone needs to have a word with the goal posts though. We can’t buy an off and in.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred