• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Privacy scandal from the FFA - and more libel from the scumbag media.

Rowdy

On the broader issue what can you say ... my reading of the tea leafs is FFA must have an offer from 9/Gem / Optus and News are saying leave the Ten / Fox and this is only the start ......

... I can recall the days of the Super League War in the mid 90's as well as the Rugby fight across 3 countries which resulted in News having the Super Competition and Tri Nations in Union and in time control of RL including many of its major clubs...

Both interesting points.

Ironic that Rebecca Wilson held the corporate position of 'Media Manager' for the Super League during the war.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Probably working out how much risk they take on by either backing their own (frankly pretty dodgy) banning processes or going after News for publishing private information. They lose skin either way.

Might equally decide it's not worth giving it any oxygen. On average any given game sees 12,000 fans show up (or about 1.7m cumulatively over the season) and it's a tiny minority that cause any issues.

Responding makes people think that FFA is going defensive rather than treating it like the nonsense that it is.

I disagree. The FFA has, at the very least, a responsibility to be concerned about the privacy breach from a partner organisation. Even if it wasn't the FFA that did it, the FFA can't pretend it has nothing to do with them.
Even a fairly mundane press release saying they're concerned about the potential privacy breach, respect privacy agreements and are investigating the matter would be better than absolutely nothing. I wouldn't expect them to go on the offensive straight off the bat - they'd need to be prepared to take on the paper, but I'd love to see a ballsy approach and to stop reaching for the toes whenever Wilson decides to put lies to paper. But even a neutral, 'we're concerned, blah blah' press release would show they actually give a stuff.

As it is, complete lack of leadership on this issue so far. Lowy is failing his first test.

dibo

What if they're investigating to make sure they're clear on where the leak is from and trying to make sure they know what's actually happened?

If you're going to respond, you make it good and you make it timely. Good outweighs timely by orders of magnitude. No point getting out there with information that is wrong.

scoober

Here's an insert from The Guardian in Melbourne in July/ August involving Wilson shooting out the mouth in reference of Dermott Brereton and the Adam Goods booing saga. Once again poor journalism and fact finding.

“Hey Rebecca,” he started. “That is the most moronic statement to paraphrase me and say that I have actively encouraged people to act in this behaviour. That is doing your job without reading any research whatsoever. I am livid, livid, livid that you would say that and go ahead with that and just shoot from the hip. For a journalist that is complete and utter stupidity.”

Wilson said she would go back to the article and check her facts, to which Brereton responded: “Please do. And find the place where I say I actively encourage it. That is moronic. And to tip me in, Rebecca, is the poorest piece of journalism I have ever heard you commit to.”

The pair continued to trade verbal blows with raised voices before Brereton eventually threatened legal action against Wilson. “If you have tried to tip me in the deep end and made me out to be racist, I tell you what, you will have legal papers on your desk by midday tomorrow,” he said.

Rowdy

What if they're investigating to make sure they're clear on where the leak is from and trying to make sure they know what's actually happened?

Then you make a simple statement 'that were investigating'.

Front foot NOT back foot, yet still keeping your cards close to the chest.

Last edited:

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

If you're going to respond, you make it good and you make it timely. Good outweighs timely by orders of magnitude. No point getting out there with information that is wrong.

A response doesn't need to provide information that can be wrong or right. 'FFA take privacy seriously, concerned about allegations of privacy breaches, will investigate with service partners'. That's a sufficient response. If they're doing something, then it's their job to let the public know.

As it is, no response means they don't give a stuff about what's happened. That's either arrogant and/or out of touch, and poor leadership.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

The RBB are going to do a walkout during the CCM match. IMO that's much better than the stupid boycott idea, and may get people talking. A few supporters groups have made statements. Out of interest, will the Yellow Army be saying anything about it?

nearlyyellow

I think they're putting the boot in because it drives clicks. Nothing more, nothing less.
?? The News :poo: is behind a paywall so I don't think it would generate more clicks, only from those who are already subscribers, who must idiots anyway for paying real money for that rubbish. :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred