• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Privacy scandal from the FFA - and more libel from the scumbag media.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

So, shit hit the fan a bit today.
I'm not going to post the article because every click means financial support - but basically, that old-poo-and-crud-that-forms-under-the-lip-of-the-toilet-bowl excuse for a human being Rebecca Wilson has come all out with a stack of blatant lies about how bad the HAL is. Then they've displayed the names and photos of what is apparently every person currently banned from the HAL.

This is the text from the link provided by the first respondent in this thread (thanks!):

THIS is the shame file Australian football bosses didn’t want you to see, the louts who’ve sent the sport into a downward spiral.

The top secret document features 40 pages of photographs of 198 soccer louts banned from the 10 A-League clubs, with nearly half hailing from the Western Sydney Wanderers.

While the FFA claims cricket and rugby league contain just as many bad eggs, The Sunday Telegraph can reveal that league has only 19 banned fans and cricket fewer than that.

The football shame file features fans who have engaged in conduct ranging from violence, assault or flare throwing to general thuggery in a three-year period up to October 30. More than a quarter of them have tried repeatedly, and often succeeded, to re-enter grounds even after bans have been imposed.

Police Commissioner Andrew Scipione believes crowd behaviour from some fans is spreading away from the stadiums, where police are witnessing horrendous assaults by some supporters on rival fans as they walk to the ground.

“The last thing we want to get to in Australia is putting rival fans in cages like the UK model,” Mr Scipione said.

“It should be a privilege and an enjoyable thing to attend sport in Australia. The sport must look deep within its culture to admit there is a problem.”

The issue has become so serious that stadiums are now moving to ban the local derbies between the Wanderers and Sydney FC until the FFA can contain the turmoil.

Officials now lock down the stadium 24 hours before the local derby contests so seating areas, toilets and even plumbing can be searched. Flares have been located in toilet pipes, planted by ground staff in collusion with fans.

Police are at their wits’ end with fans, clubs and the FFA. While there have been wide-ranging crisis talks over the issue with soccer authorities, the government and police say they are far from solving what has become the worst problem in Australian sport.

The head of the Major Events and Incident Squad, Assistant Commissioner Kyle Stewart, said that while the A-League is meant to represent the so-called beautiful game, fan behaviour of those on the banned list is “ugly, dangerous and extremely selfish”. Mr Stewart said controlling fans was not just a police matter.

“There is a bloody-mindedness within some of the clubs and the FFA that does not accept responsibility for the culture. It is their responsibility to mend that,” he said.

“The diatribe about us being the fun police comes from those who have an exceedingly huge level of ignorance about the role we play.’’
A violent fan is led away by police during a previous match between the Newcastle Jets and Western Sydney Wanderers.

FFA boss David Gallop admits there is a problem but says anti-social behaviour around games goes beyond football’s jurisdiction.

“It’s a problem from parents, school teachers to police,” he said.

“By and large, behaviour within our venues has improved but many of the problems now exist outside the venues.’’

A quick glance at the list of incidences suggests the FFA is in a state of denial over the extent of the problem.

The conduct, described by one law enforcement officer as “Moore Park mayhem” when Western Sydney play Sydney FC at Allianz Stadium, now include vicious assaults on rival fans by some supporters as they walk to the stadium.

“Behave like a civilised human and not some grubby pack animal and you’ll find yourself buying many, many more season passes,” Mr Stewart said.

One of those “grubby pack animals” is a Wanderers fan who is a kindergarten teacher. He has been banned for violence and offensive behaviour.

Mr Scipione said police have been unfairly targeted for being too heavy- handed with fans but that it’s time for the code itself to address the issues.

“I sat with Dave Gallop (when NRL boss) and the people at the Bulldogs when they had a terrible fan problem,” he said.

“We sorted the issues out but it started within the club and at the NRL.
So, there's the obvious lies, about the hundreds of HAL fans turning matches into battlegrounds, or about it being as bad as the worst of the EPL. And on that note, surely this has to cross the line into blatant libel? I'd love to see the FFA come out all guns blazing against this crap. I'd love a defamation lawsuit, personally.

The other concern is the publishing of all the people who have been banned. The concerns have already been mentioned on here - some who are banned are claiming innocence, but there are no rights to appeal or anything like that. Given people get kicked out just for standing on seats - heck, I remember Jesus got kicked out just for walking in front of Bay 14 when SFC occupied it, even without so much as looking at the supporters - it's not farfetched to wonder if there are innocent people among that. But innocent or not, if this leak has come from the FFA, then they've blatantly breached their privacy policy:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1139736302717062&set=p.1139736302717062&type=3&theater

I know a number of those affected are seeking legal advice. There is a possibility of a class action suit against the FFA over this. I wonder if it's possible this would have come from the police instead of the FFA, but this information may come out later. If it has come from the FFA, then it's absolutely disgusting and heads need to roll. I wonder if this is poor timing for Lowy Mk 2 - here's hoping he hasn't had anything to do with it. Regardless, this is his first leadership test - how will he handle it?

Of course, it doesn't help when the dickead police spokespersons keep on with their anti-football garbage:

https://scontent.fadl1-1.fna.fbcdn....=b85cabef884d72c7cc01bee2a83d242e&oe=56E9CDEC

It will be interesting to see if there's a genuine fallout from this, or if it will just fizzle.

Last edited:

VicMariner

There is a thread on fourfourtwo about this as well. Some interesting reading.
http://au.fourfourtwo.com/forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=111334

It's a mind boggling bit of "journalism." RW is so biased it's unprofessional imo.

How a bout this quote:
"Police and stadium security forces privately believe a death is not far away."

No need for attribution, she can make up anything and get away with it with a line like that.

If she wasn't already, she has certainly now cemented her place as Aussie football's most hated journo.

Rowdy

If she wasn't already, she has certainly now cemented her place as Aussie football's most hated journo.

Saw the story on the font page of todays paper when grabbing a bit to eat at Maca's. Saw her name, thought here we go again.

Outing a handful of the worst of a total of 198 banned (iirc) football thugs, most of whom are banned for violence ............

wonder how much sleep she'll be getting with one eye open in the coming weeks. :cool:

Rowdy

Double page article inside the paper had a small breakdown list of numbers banned from each club, Mariners had just the one! Hmmmmmm???

Is that the reason why Jesus cut all his hair off, so he could rise from the dead, 4 days later after being banned then re-appear at The Tongue - incognito ???

Last edited:

rbakersmith

Gatty commented on this earlier in the day on Twitter (and evidently can't count):
ONE: I'll say a couple of things re today's story. First, from my information, look elsewhere to work out who leaked the document. Absolutely not FFA and not the police. 100 per cent.
TWO: There are quite a few on the list with bans from 5 to 10 years. They deserve 2b exposed. We need to get rid of this element once and for all.
THREE: I'm more concerned abt the ones with considerably lesser bans (1 year) & those who might b underage being exposed. It concerns me that many have no legal rights 2 defend themselves. That is wrong on every level.
FOUR: Do I agree with the Sunday Tele front page? No. Do I respect its right to write the story? Absolutely.
FIVE: The fans have a right to a say as well. If you feel strongly enough about it, and judging from reaction on social media many do, then voice your opinions through the right channels.
SEVEN: But, the best way is to speak with your feet. Go to games, become members. Importantly, don't cause trouble and get rid of the flares. Don't give people a reason to hate.

It looks like there will also be a reply from Bozza:
Sorry everyone,just read the article. There r always suppose 2 b 2 sides 2 every story,unfortunately with football in this country most of the time there is not. I will be writing a reply in this weeks paper,if it is muted,I will write it here on twitter.xmb

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

1) If the FFA didn't leak the information, who else could have? I'm surprised that even the police would have all that information, given most of those people weren't charged.
2) What about the claims that some of those people are actually innocent?
4) Respect their right to post blatant lies?

Interesting to note that the Terrace have already released a public statement opposing this.

Disappointing to see that the fb page 'Ultras Mentality Australia', obviously too stupid to realise that they're a big part of the problem, are calling for a boycott of games. Yeah, give Wilson exactly what she wants, that will show her!

rbakersmith

1) If the FFA didn't leak the information, who else could have? I'm surprised that even the police would have all that information, given most of those people weren't charged.
The current thinking is that someone in Hatamoto leaked it - they would obviously need the list in order to enforce the bans.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

There's reports on fb that the leaks came from her partner, who is a member of SCG trust (thus overseeing Allianz, hence why they have access). Nothing coming through on the source of this info yet. Disgraceful - no wonder those two scumbags are together if that's the case.

The Den have released a statement in support, also supporting the moronic boycott.

Disappointed there's no response from the FFA so far. Hopefully something will come today.

ADDITION:
According to scumbag Wilson and fellow oxygen thief, Alan Jones, the HAL is just like the terrorist attacks in Paris:
http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/alan-jones-league-violence-terrorism-paris#:yr3h1TAIIEovhA

What. The actual. F***.

You have to be seriously deranged to be coming up with this crap.

I think there's finally somebody I hate more than Muscat.

Last edited:

Rowdy

Her partner is John Hartigann, former News Limited chief executive.

As for Rebecca Wilson naming & shaming 'Football Hooligans' as nothing more than criminals, she should add her name to the list.

Wilson has been charged twice for drink driving and once for driving whilst disqualified.

So who's the bigger criminal on your moral scale?

The 'fisticuffer' at a football game or the serial drink-driver who's also disqualified? Statistics dont lie when it comes to pointing the finger at which criminal causes the most carnage in our communities in this country

So she's a serial offender that also thumbs her nose at the law.

Driving around drunk REPEATEDLY and also as a disqualified driver IS FAR WORSE than what she's making out some of these 'banned fans' are guilty of; swearing etc.

Get run over by Rebecca Wilson driving whilst she's disqualified and she'll cause you more pain & misery than a punch to the face from someone at a football game.

She wont be covered by insurance, you'll spend all your money suing the bitch, that is if she didnt kill you or your friends/family on impact.

Oh & she gets her licence back to do it all again sometime in the near future.
Oh & keep her job writing vomit about everything other than rugby league or about anyone IN rugby league that she doesn't like.

Pot/Kettle/Black......Fcuk'n Hyporcrite

dibo

Her partner is John Hartigann, former News Limited chief executive.
Funny that, he's also a member of the SCG Trust, who manage the SFS and he might have access to the ban lists.

According to scumbag Wilson and fellow oxygen thief, Alan Jones, the HAL is just like the terrorist attacks in Paris

That's funny, Alan Jones is also on the Trust.

This is all pretty poor behaviour, but I have to say that there are issues every time WSW go to the SFS, and at the Grand Final in '03 there was major damage caused to Bay 23.

BIXjxtwCIAIssTU.jpg

This is just shithouse behaviour and I can understand the Trust never wanting the Wanderers (or more particularly the RBB) going to the stadium if that's what happens.

Add to that the stories about fights before the last derby and you get the picture.

They're going after the RBB more than anyone *because* some members of the RBB are the most trouble.

The issue is that (as discussed in the earlier thread about WSW) the RBB keeps feeding the perception. They seem to love the image, and so they're their own worst enemies and everyone else suffers.

FFA doesn't help either in having no appeal process for the bans. If you're going to ban someone, make sure you can make it stand up and make sure there's a right to appeal. If they exercise their rights and they're still banned, it's much easier to say there are no innocent victims.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

The funny thing is, that somehow the worst events don't make it onto the media. A 'friend of a friend' (yeah, I know) works at the SCG and he reported some $50k worth of damage last time WSW played there, including stupid crap like trashing one of the golf buggies. Amazing that stuff doesn't get into the media.

And I'm not sympathetic to the RBB - I've made it clear that they invite a lot of bad publicity. Always have, and the RBB are happy to push this lawbreaking, wannabe gangsta image while crying foul about attention. I have no sympathy for those idiots, and personally I'd like the FFA to come down harder on them.

But this thread/issue isn't about the RBB at all. It's affecting all clubs - and the lack of response from the FFA is also concerning.

FFC Mariner

Given the links between those doing the reporting and comment on this, I wonder what the agenda is? I doubt somehow that its the general code bashing we see from time to time, this is coordinate and designed with some objective in mind.

When WSW played their 1st ever trial game, I received a text from fish (who went) who said "this lot will be trouble" sadly, they have lived up to that prediction.

I expect almost suffocating police presence on Sunday and them to react badly, thereby proving that the RBB are both stupid and deserve this sort of smearing.

dibo

Given the opportunity to be catastrophically stupid, the RBB are guaranteed to take the opportunity with both hands. NewsLtd and the cops are trolling, knowing they'll get bites.

FFC Mariner

Having said that the RBB are there own worst enemy, FFA owned scum have a proud group of actual hooligans who go looking for fights.

I await their outing - anyone want to email their pic to Rebecca?

midfielder

Just one issue I am the first to put the boot into FFA but its hardly their fault News publish this and then Alan Jones compares to Paris Terror Attacks...

On the broader issue what can you say ... my reading of the tea leafs is FFA must have an offer from 9/Gem / Optus and News are saying leave the Ten / Fox and this is only the start ... I can recall the days of the Super League War in the mid 90's as well as the Rugby fight across 3 countries which resulted in News having the Super Competition and Tri Nations in Union and in time control of RL including many of its major clubs...

dibo

Just one issue I am the first to put the boot into FFA but its hardly their fault News publish this and then Alan Jones compares to Paris Terror Attacks...

On the broader issue what can you say ... my reading of the tea leafs is FFA must have an offer from 9/Gem / Optus and News are saying leave the Ten / Fox and this is only the start ... I can recall the days of the Super League War in the mid 90's as well as the Rugby fight across 3 countries which resulted in News having the Super Competition and Tri Nations in Union and in time control of RL including many of its major clubs...
I think they're putting the boot in because it drives clicks. Nothing more, nothing less.

dibo

No, but it is concerning that we haven't heard peep from the FFA about this. I'm pissed off about that.
Probably working out how much risk they take on by either backing their own (frankly pretty dodgy) banning processes or going after News for publishing private information. They lose skin either way.

Might equally decide it's not worth giving it any oxygen. On average any given game sees 12,000 fans show up (or about 1.7m cumulatively over the season) and it's a tiny minority that cause any issues.

Responding makes people think that FFA is going defensive rather than treating it like the nonsense that it is.

kevrenor

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred