• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Pre-Season Games

style_cafe

Hi, I have never been to plum park. Will I need to bring chairs? Will food and drinks be available? Are they expecting a big crowd? Thank you.
Hey Bayside make sure you take a rug or something to keep you warm Pluim gets mighty cold mate.I hope you enjoy it.

Luca Brasi

Interesting trial players tonite
Blake Powell
Luke Giverin Central Midfield, currently playing for Manly in NPL
Previous clubs: Manchester United, Royal Antwerp (Belgium), Hyde, Salford

BaysideMariner

Interesting trial players tonite
Blake Powell
Luke Giverin Central Midfield, currently playing for Manly in NPL
Previous clubs: Manchester United, Royal Antwerp (Belgium), Hyde, Salford
He was number 26 I think. He looked good. Sharp and had a good touch.

Gratis

Brendan Cholakian is trialling...? Unless I am mixing up my Cholakian's I didn't expect to see that.

Sounds like Kwabena did himself no harm, same with Powell.

Be grateful to anyone there that would be willing to give bit of match report or your impressions. Nice to see Roy'O appears sharp, Fab too.

Gratis

Twitter feed for general interest :
(Read bottom up)
#CCMFC
@ccmariners
27m
What a great evening where all 23
@ccf_football clubs shared the pitch with
#CCMFC bit.ly/2a5lF4I pic.twitter.com/I7vF08aBTK
View photo ·
#CCMFC
@ccmariners
29m
A huge thanks to the passionate 1300 who braved the conditions tonight SUMMARY bit.ly/2a5lF4I #CCMFC
pic.twitter.com/yiEDrLFD3g
View photo ·
#CCMFC
@ccmariners
1h
Thanks for joining us, @gibbertim
#CCMFC twitter.com/gibbertim/stat…
View details ·
#CCMFC
@ccmariners
1h
GOAL | 2-1 | The CCM Academy hit back against the @ALeague boys! @JedHornery bags a goal at Pluim Park. Top finish #CCMFC
View details ·
#CCMFC
@ccmariners
1h
GOAL! It’s 2-0 to the @ALeague boys with trialist Brendan Cholakian bagging a goal from close range. #CCMFC
View details ·
#CCMFC
@ccmariners
2h
KICK-OFF | The second half is underway at Pluim park where the @ALeague boys lead the Academy side 1-0 #CCMFC
View details ·
#CCMFC
@ccmariners
2h
HT | 1-0 | #CCMFC @ALeague outfit leads the Academy side 1-0 at the break thanks to a Kwabena Appiah goal!
View details ·
#CCMFC
@ccmariners
2h
. @stephenjbolger Still 1-0 here at Pluim Park to the Mariners. A few really promising chances to the academy though! #CCMFC
View conversation ·
#CCMFC
@ccmariners
2h
10’ | 1-0 | GOAL! Kwabena Appiah opens the scoring against the Mariners Academy
#CCMFC
View details ·
#CCMFC
@ccmariners
3h
KICK-OFF | We’re underway against the CCM Academy for game two of our double header. Here’s the sides! #CCMFC pic.twitter.com/LJaHKml0gK
View photo ·
#CCMFC retweeted
Coast Shelter
@CoastShelter
3h
@ccmariners @ccf_football Thank you all for your support.
View conversation ·
#CCMFC
@ccmariners
3h
Tonight is all about community & we would like to thank @ccf_football for their donation of $500 to @CoastShelter tonight!
View details ·
#CCMFC
@ccmariners
3h
FT | Goal scorers: O’Donovan x 5, Ferreira x 2, Giverin x 1 & Powell x 1 #CCMFC
View details ·
#CCMFC
@ccmariners
3h
FT | The North Select ended the 1st half 4-0 and South Select ended the 2nd half 5-0
#CCMFC
View details ·
#CCMFC
@ccmariners
3h
FT | Hold your heads high Coast Select, you did battle with #CCMFC for 90 minutes in front of approximately 1300 passionate supporters!
View details ·
#CCMFC
@ccmariners
3h
GOAL! Roy O’Donovan has his second half hat-trick with a fantastic finish from a tough angle! #CCMFC
View details ·
#CCMFC retweeted
BBQ Bob
@RealBBQSce
3h
Doing my thing at Pluim Park. #CCMFC
#Masterfoods pic.twitter.com/SYqpuO0XNy
View photo ·
#CCMFC
@ccmariners
3h
SUB | Marley Peterson replaces Mickael Tavares in the middle of the park. Great shift by the big midfielder #CCMFC
View details ·
#CCMFC
@ccmariners
3h
LINE UP | Here's how the Mariners will take the field against the CCM Academy in game 2! Kick-off is 8pm. #CCMFC pic.twitter.com/C9tQ77d1Qg
View photo ·
#CCMFC
@ccmariners
3h
BOOM! Fab Ferreira makes it 4-0 in the second half with a cracking strike on the edge of the area #CCMFC
#CCMFC
@ccmariners
3h
GOAL! 3-0 in the second half, Luke Giverin scores on trial for #CCMFC
View details ·
#CCMFC retweeted
Brad Wood
@bradtweetsit
4h
Mickael Tavares looking right at home in
@ccmariners gear. Good to be watching Connor Pain again aswell. #CCMFC
pic.twitter.com/oyM9KtD8lo
View photo ·
#CCMFC
@ccmariners
3h
GOAL! Roy O’Donovan bags his second goal of the second half against South Select. That marks the end of @SMielekamp ’s woeful stint
#ShaunOut
View details ·
#CCMFC
@ccmariners
4h
Time to hand back to the professionals. Thanks for the time on Twitter. #Tysonisback
#CEOTweets
View details ·
#CCMFC
@ccmariners
4h
Great work from Tyson Scott getting embarrassed by Ferreira #tysonout
#CEOTweets pic.twitter.com/YGy27ZT6mg
View photo ·
#CCMFC
@ccmariners
4h
GOAL!!! Roy O’Donovan is on fire converting a brilliant cross from Pain. #CEOTweets
View details ·
#CCMFC
@ccmariners
4h
2nd Half has kicked off with Select South now taking the field. Score is reset to 0-0
#CEOTweets
View details ·
#CCMFC
@ccmariners
4h
HT | 4-0 | Coast Select South is ready to take to the pitch at Pluim Park! #CCMFC
pic.twitter.com/Bh5HSJ2re5
View photo ·
#CCMFC
@ccmariners
4h
Halftime at Pluim with the CCM up 4-0 over Select North. thankfully that is the last we will see Tyson Scott take the field. #CEOTweets
View details ·
#CCMFC
@ccmariners
4h
Brilliant defence by Kyle Lather at the back for Select North as they start to get into the game. #CEOTweets
View details ·
#CCMFC
@ccmariners
4h
Great save by Jake Purches from Toukley keeps Select North alive.
View details ·
#CCMFC
@ccmariners
4h
GOAL!!! 4-0 Mariners. Trying to figure out who scored as CEO is blind. #CEOTweets
View details ·
#CCMFC
@ccmariners
4h
GOAL!!! Roy O’Donovan converts in the top left corner. 3-0 Mariners lead. #CEOTweets
View details ·
#CCMFC
@ccmariners
4h
Tyson Scott is finally removed from the field after doing nothing. #tysonout #CEOTweets
View details ·
#CCMFC
@ccmariners
4h
Heavy tackle by Zac Anastas on Neill gives a free kick away. Ferreira takes shot but is too high. @ccmariners well on top
View details ·
#CCMFC
@ccmariners
4h
Number 5 for select north is already walking.
#tysonout #CEOTweets
View details ·
#CCMFC
@ccmariners
4h
Goal!!! again with Ferreira finishing off a great cross. 2-0 Mariners
View details ·
#CCMFC
@ccmariners
4h
Goal!!! Blake Powell slots a great one past the keeper to get the scoreboard ticking over early 1-Nil Mariners
View details ·
#CCMFC
@ccmariners
5h
First touch by Tyson Scott, looks ordinary. Then Ferreira skinned him to rub it in
#tysonout #CEOTweets
View details ·
#CCMFC
@ccmariners
5h
Teams are just heading out for kick off. Great to see strong support in the crowd, big thanks to CCF for hosting us all here tonight

Reactions: adz

Capt. Awesome

Can anyone that was there give a bit of a run down on the first game as it seemed to have most of the first team in it. Interested to know what formation we set up in.

Last edited:

Yoda

Can anyone that was there give a bit of a run down on the first game as it seemed to have most of the first team in it. Interested to know what formation we set up in.

First half - 4-2-3-1;

------------ Ivan the Terrible-------------
Giverin --- Posco---J Rose---- Neill
---------Taveres-------Monty-----------
Ferreira----------Powell-----------Pain
--------------------Roy O-----------------

Ferreira often drifted in central with the 3 attacking mids playing with freedom against poor opposition.

Second half saw plenty of changes - Giveria played a bit in midfield, monty dropped into centre of defence and some other trialists given some game time. Pretty much a nothing match, Taveres looked sharp, Mariners (as expected) dominated possession, probably 80/20 at a minimum.

Second game was much better to watch, with squaddies / trialists vs NPL 1st/U20's. Good competitive game from both teams with the in-season NPL squad probably having the better of it in the first half, although went a goal down to a good counter ending in a tap-in for Kwabeena Appiah (Interesting to note on the squad list his name had started to be written in the contracted players list, then crossed out and written under the trialists - read into that as you wish).

Last edited:

Wombat

Giverin sounds useful and appears to be a utility player as well, which is a bonus. I would love to have a genuine UK fullback putting pressure on Rose, Mickey and Storm.

MagpieMariner

I couldn't believe how quickly Pain can move his legs! Was saying to myself (ignoring the people around giving me funny looks) "who the hell's that 11, he's bloody quick." Finally gelled who he is. I liked his passing & centering. Don't think we'll miss what's-'is-name.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred