• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Players Season 2012/2013 HAL8

localpom

Will make for some dilemma's for Arnie. I think it is the strongest squad we have had which is saying something. Good cover in every position and what i love is that the youngsters are an absolute x factor. We know that Bernie, Tommy, Caceres,Sainsbury,Anderson,MacDonald, Oates etc are good but if they have improved 10 - 15 % since last year then this could be a very good season indeed.

MrCelery

It certainly looks like we have a strong squad, but there is no room for complacency.

Other teams have also recruited well for the next HAL campaign. Melbourne Heart in particular looks to have some quality IMO. Not sure about Sydney FC despite the promised ADP signing. The Scum should be better this year, having shed some deadwood. Not sure about the other clubs.

localpom

Agreed about not taking the season for granted. TBH we will still start as usual as one of the underdogs...MV,Sydney,Brisbane will all be expected to finish above us as well as a few others but that is the way we like it. The pundits will think we haven't recruited but i think we have in a very Mariners way...under the radar and with very sensible options. Nothing flash but this should be a squad that will finish top 4 and may well suprise again.

pjennings

It looks like Arnie will have a lot of decisions to make this year as 16 players come off contract at the end of the year - Ryan, Pasfield, McDonald, Zwaanswijk, Griffiths,
Oates, Caceres, Hutchinson, Bozanic, Rogic, Pellegrino, McGlinchey, Hearfield, Sterjovski, McBreen and Kwasnik. Patrick and Macca probably will call it quits but hopefully we can sign some of the young guys to longer term contracts.

Gratis

It looks like Arnie will have a lot of decisions to make this year as 16 players come off contract at the end of the year - Ryan, Pasfield, McDonald, Zwaanswijk, Griffiths,
Oates, Caceres, Hutchinson, Bozanic, Rogic, Pellegrino, McGlinchey, Hearfield, Sterjovski, McBreen and Kwasnik. Patrick and Macca probably will call it quits but hopefully we can sign some of the young guys to longer term contracts.

aye I was thinking about this at the time of all the Arnie re-signing hype. If he stays for only this season then GA will be off contract too - the potential is there for next year to be a very different Mariners line up

no reason to be worried though, the CoE will attract plenty of talent by itself, but it'll be interesting times i suspect

scottmac

Suspended
Heard a few whispers that Joey Gibbs is set to join.

Don't know how that could be.

Keepers - Ryan, Pasfield
Defenders - Zwanny, Anderson, Sainsbury, Rose, Bojic, McDonald, Oates, Griffiths
Mids - Rogic, Hutch, McGlinch, Bozanic, Hearfield, Caceras, Pellegrino, Montgomery
Forwards - Sterj, Ibini, Duke, Kwasnik, McBreen, \

Someone correct me if im wrong but thats 23?

Marquee

Oates and Caceras could be on full-time youth contracts, similar to what Fitzy was on at Brisbane last year. In fact Joey Gibbs could even be signed on that sort of deal.

"The current restrictions limit the number of players a club can sign to 23 with a further three youth team players able to be signed to full-time base salary contracts, who are not included in the 23 or in the salary cap."

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/print.aspx?CIID=288583&SIID=54

Gratis

the 442 Joey Gibbs article

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/250793,wanderers-trialist-gibbs-finds-new-home.aspx

tsd

strangely enough i think by far the most important things for the mariners future will be how del sydney fc go this season... if they tank with their talent, GA is as good as theirs next season and with him will go a lot of our talented youngsters and staff.

it will be the first time ive ever wanted sydney to go well, not "win the league" well but top 4 is a must.

iEatHands

GA is as good as theirs next season and with him will go a lot of our talented youngsters and staff.

Was anyone else cut when they read the rumours that GA would only agree to SFC terms if they let him bring all our training staff with him.. I hope that was just some spin added by the journos and he really wouldn't take all our training staff with him where ever he goes to.

Forum Phoenix

I don't know, but suspect the deal breaker would have been Phil Moss. Can't see GA going without him.
But taking Clarkey and Crawley as well :naughty:

Gratis

I don't know, but suspect the deal breaker would have been Phil Moss. Can't see GA going without him.
But taking Clarkey and Crawley as well :naughty:

If Arnie continues to do well methinks he'll get offered a larger overseas deal rather than taking an alternative A-League gig. At least I hope that's the case when it's time to move on from the Mariners. Hopefully the Russians will come along and make it worth his while...

Ancient Mariner

strangely enough i think by far the most important things for the mariners future will be how del sydney fc go this season... if they tank with their talent, GA is as good as theirs next season and with him will go a lot of our talented youngsters and staff.

it will be the first time ive ever wanted sydney to go well, not "win the league" well but top 4 is a must.

Lol, Mariners will have to finish brilliantly again for them to be interested in him (very doubtful anyway) again.

Crooky will be with them longer than a season unless it is a complete and utter shambles.

If SFC is a shambles they will be looking elsewhere.

Wombat

Ian Crook will be a good coach i'm tipping so i dont expect Arnie to be going to those sky blue mugs anytime soon.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred