• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Players Season 2012/2013 HAL8

midfielder

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19435787

Sheffield United have sold Stephen Quinn to Hull City and allowed Nick Montgomery to leave so he can join Central Coast Mariners.

From wiki ... Nick Montgomery .... established himself as a regular in the first-team where he became a mainstay of central midfield for the Blades...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Montgomery

Nicholas Anthony Montgomery is an English-born Scottish footballer who plays as a defensive midfielder for Sheffield United. Wikipedia
Born: October 28, 1981 (age 30), Leeds
Height: 1.75 m
Position: Midfielder

Gratis

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19435787

Sheffield United have sold Stephen Quinn to Hull City and allowed Nick Montgomery to leave so he can join Central Coast Mariners.

From wiki ... Nick Montgomery .... established himself as a regular in the first-team where he became a mainstay of central midfield for the Blades...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Montgomery

Nicholas Anthony Montgomery is an English-born Scottish footballer who plays as a defensive midfielder for Sheffield United. Wikipedia
Born: October 28, 1981 (age 30), Leeds
Height: 1.75 m
Position: Midfielder

yeah i was just about to post - that came out of left field for me...

promdi442

For the 2011-2012 season the Blades found themselves in the third tier of English football for the first time in over 20 years and Montgomery found himself out of the first team picture for the first time in his United career. Losing his place in midfield to Michael Doyle he was confined to occasional substitute appearances as the season progressed. With first team opportunities limited Montgomery joined Championship team Millwall on loan in March 2012, agreeing a deal to remain there until the end of the season.[7] However on 29 March Montgomery's loan spell came to an end after he sustained a calf problem forcing him to return to Bramall Lane for medical treatment. He only had twenty minutes of game time with Millwall as substitutions against Doncaster Rovers and Leeds United.[8]

Hope he will come here free of his medical problems. Certainly has some pedigree but will it be enough to fit in here. Time will tell

12th player

Signed as a mentor for cacares methinks

By mid season(if given the opportunity) Anthony Caceres will be the starting DM or AM for mariners.This kid is pure quality.His passing game is second to none.Sainsbury,Caceres,Rogic,Sterjovski and Birnie = attractive football + goals.

pjennings

So to summarise I think we are basically close to how we set out at the beginning of last season - but placed better than we were after Rostyn and Matty left.

Griffiths----------Montgomery
Sutton/Simon------Sterjovski

These two signings are positive as we really didn't replace Rostyn and Griffiths after they left mid season.

Wilko-------------Anderson

While I think Anderson is a good young player Wilko will be sorely missed.

Amini-------------Rogic

This basically happened last year with Tommy joining us and Musti quite limited in his game time due to injury.

Musialik----------Caceres
Gallagher---------Griffiths

Thes two didn't play in the HAL and so we at worst haven't lost anything.

Porter------------Oates

While I'm sorry to see Smitta go. He really never recovered from injury. Good luck to him with his coaching.

Forum Phoenix

VERY enthused about this signing.

The mans a leader and will take responsibility. EXACTLY what you need in the middle of the park, especially if you are bringing through a young generation of talented players who while exciting will "generally" be more prone to mental/intensity lapses and being psyched out. Making it a very important (and astute) signing after the loss of Wilko and Matty, as he was always making a contest of it and leading by example, whereas Sterjovski has more quality but will not impose himself in the same way. Another big plus is that he's obviously a very devoted and loyal player and that has Mariners written all over it.

Really GREAT signing by Arnie and the club. Big thanks to Kevin Mcabe and SHUTD also! In the Delm Piero hype it won't draw too much attention. Fair enough. But in the scheme of winning the double and performing in the ACL, definitely one of the best signings of the off season, and arguably the best in purely a footballing sense. Dutchy, Anderson and Montgomery? That's going to be a seriously tough central defensive trio.

As to Nicky Travis reference, absolute chalk and cheese. Look at NM's CV. Imcomparable. Surely it's third time NIck lucky Right? :pirashoot:

Re fitness concerns, from what's been said, that calf issue is not current. He's just completed a pre season with SHUTD and is fit.

I hope he and his family have the time of their lives out here enjoying a beautiful Aussie summer and like so many before them realise why would you ever want to go back. My biggest concern is that the heat may take a little getting used to.

Good day for the Mariners. No question for me, that this is our strongest squad to date.

Time to get excited! Except I already am.

Bladesman

Very good signing, he is a very solid midfielder who will do a great job as the DM but is also a decent footballer. Great work rate and I can see the pace of the game here really making him stand out as he is used to the million miles an hour of the football league. He was only been left out of the side for financial reasons as United couldn't afford to play him. he was on very good wages over there so has obviously come to us for a lifestyle change.

Forum Phoenix

Very good signing, he is a very solid midfielder who will do a great job as the DM but is also a decent footballer. Great work rate and I can see the pace of the game here really making him stand out as he is used to the million miles an hour of the football league. He was only been left out of the side for financial reasons as United couldn't afford to play him. he was on very good wages over there so has obviously come to us for a lifestyle change.

Terrific. Thanks for the info.

localpom

Sounds good. We have excellent young players so he will be a great role model.Not one of the A leagues most exciting signings but could prove to be one of the best. Lets hope. Welcome to the Mariners Monty!

Roy Law

We look very solid and will be very difficult to beat - an Arnie cornerstone for success. Can't wait.

style_cafe

From the SUFC website

He looks like an axe murderer too...

Blades stalwart, and longest serving player, Nick Montgomery is to continue his career in Australia after mutually agreeing a termination of his Bramall Lane contract.

The popular midfielder, 30, came through the youth ranks at the Lane and went on to make a more than 400 senior appearances for the Blades.

He has played for the United first team for over 12 years, mainly in the Championship, plus a season each in the Premiership and League One, whilst the last couple of years have been interrupted with the birth and complications of his twin girls, who were born prematurely.

However, following discussions, he is now set for a unique opportunity of playing in Australia and will join up with the A-League's Central Coast Mariners in the next couple of weeks.

Nick, who has also captained the Blades, told sufc.co.uk: "This is always something I've always wanted to do and after long talks with the family we have decided that this is the right time to take the opportunity.

"There were numerous options available, I've turned down other offers and there was an enquiry from the MLS in America but both (wife) Josie and I have friends in Australia and this is a chance of a lifetime, amazing opportunity to experience something new.

"I've loved my time at Sheffield United and will leave with great memories, I have turned down so many opportunities to move in the past but I have always stayed loyal to the club as they have to me. You don't stay in one place for as long as I did if you don't have affection for the club, but I appreciate the situation at Bramall Lane and feel it is the right time to move on. I will miss everyone as I have made so many friends over the years.

Blades chief, Danny Wilson, added: "He has opted for a different direction and good luck to him. Over the years he has been a tremendous attribute to Sheffield United, giving his all, week in, week out.

"On behalf of everyone at Sheffield United, and that includes the supporters, I would like to wish him well in his next venture."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred