• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Player movements 2013/2014

pjennings

Caceres from NYL is anointed successor long term isn't he?

I've heard rumours of Hutch going to Asia - that in itself opens up more opportunities for both Ollie and Caceres. Apparently Caceres is thought of more as a deep-lying playmaker than as a straight Tommy replacement.

Forum Phoenix

Roy I a disagree on Olly. For mine at least, I think he is ahead of Bernie and Mile at LM.

Hate to lose him, excellent player and great mariner.

Hutch going to Asia? Surely he wouldn't even consider the January window. He's captain of the team that's top of the league, gunning for more silverware and going to soon going to the ACL again...

Wombat

We are a better side with Olly at LM.

Even though he was below his best last season he is a starting 11 player in any HAL side.

Some people have rocks in their heads.

Vastly superior to Caravella but I'll agree he doesn't score enough goals.

Golly

olly left at home to fully recover from knock (no need to fly with head knock)
busy schedule ahead
olly to start against sydney
and retain it
time to shine like the GF
switch on ballszanic!!

greenlig

Olly's problem is his finishing. Weemac had the same issues in the first season, but he has gone away and really improved that side of his game. Olly has not. Still can't hit the keeper, let alone the back of the net. Beside that, though, he adds a lot of industry and application that Mile lacks, and better decision making than Bernie.

FFC Mariner

Twitter rumours that Tommy is being looked at by 2 Italian clubs and a Belgian one.

No names mentioned. Could be rubbish.

Gratis

If there's real interest in Rogic maybe it's time to let him go and focus of recruiting a longer term equivalent - he's likely off at the end of the season anyway and it'd be good to have his replacement well entrenched for the ACL

FFC Mariner

We won't see Tommy again now. After being shafted yet again by the FFA, the kid should stick 2 fingers up at the aleague and sod off for good.

pjennings

This could be an interesting and turbulent few weeks

Ryan, Hutchinson, Rogic, McGlinchey and Ibini all rumoured to have OS offers. Ollie linked to other HAL clubs, a 38 year old with a groin injury (does he continue?) and Hearfield seemingly on the outer.

Griffiths may be questioning why the much younger Morton was preferred over him as a first team replacement and Pellers is struggling to get game time may also be looking to move on.

I hope we are better placed at the end of the window for an end of season push but I somehow doubt it..

Gratis

with the prospect possible players leaving any chance we'll be looking to recruit during this period do you think?

Ancient Mariner

This could be an interesting and turbulent few weeks

Ryan, Hutchinson, Rogic, McGlinchey and Ibini all rumoured to have OS offers. Ollie linked to other HAL clubs, a 38 year old with a groin injury (does he continue?) and Hearfield seemingly on the outer.

Griffiths may be questioning why the much younger Morton was preferred over him as a first team replacement and Pellers is struggling to get game time may also be looking to move on.

I hope we are better placed at the end of the window for an end of season push but I somehow doubt it..

Try and keep Glinch, get as much as we can for the rest and move on, but hang on to Arnie for at least another year.

scottmac

Suspended
If we lose Rogic or Mcglinchy we are screwed. We need both to get anywhere this season. Lose one & the other will shoulder too much of the burden.

Gratis

Forum Phoenix

The loss of Tommy is inevitable probably sooner rather than later, BUT, if we can "hopefully" keep Glinch for another year we can shoulder it I think. Lose him and Glinch now? Unless we recruit amazingly well, and perhaps even then, it would likely spell that our seasons over. Maybe if we had been playing a 433 all this time, I could see a lineup of Bernie, Duke and McBreen in front of Hutch, Monty, Ollie being a potential HAL winning team... But as Arnie has schooled most other teams that having a clear system and spending the time working on how to implement it, is far more important than throwing cash bags at players... YES. I'M LOOKING AT YOU SYDNEY. Even with quality replacement signings, we could still well be f**ked.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred