• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Player movements 2013/2014

Forum Phoenix

Who me?
www_free-smiley-faces_de_big-smileys_grosse-smilies_01_800x800.jpg

Gratis

Crazy. Syd won't make the finals so if he came just for the ACL he'd be available from start of finals time.
Frankly I think we have the team and coach to have a great crack at Asia without these guys - just hope if either come for the ACL it's not 5 mins before the first game, I'd like to see them train or play with the lads for a while first.
Unlikely as it is you'd need to slap yourself in the face to keep believing you're seeing Beckham & Del Piero together in Mariners shirts...never would have vaguely considered it even 6 months ago

FFC Mariner

Story invention 101 for Australian football journos...

So Peter, would you be keen to have Messi playing for you?

Yes, I would obviously

Headline: Mariners step up pursuit of Barcelona star etc etc

Gratis

I agree I'm fine with our best players moving on to progress their careers but to another HAL club is not that.
Another good thing about the culture and on-field success of CCM - most of the best players wouldn't want to go to another club without a good reason (which therefore would mainly be big bucks)

lewis27

I agree I'm fine with our best players moving on to progress their careers but to another HAL club is not that.
Another good thing about the culture and on-field success of CCM - most of the best players wouldn't want to go to another club without a good reason (which therefore would mainly be big bucks)
Another reason would be the players not having clarity over arnies future

Ancient Mariner

He cannot go to another A-League club until the end of his contract.
He can be bought out in transfer window by an os club but not Australian.

lewis27

He can sign a pre contract with another club.i dont know why the club would not offer contracts to the players they want to resign before 31st oct,now they can have their heads turned with better money from other HAL clubs

Blair

How pissed would you be if you had to make way for Del Piero or Beckham. I wouldn't be happy mind you we seem to be playing in the acl quite alot:)

universalmind

I don't think Olli would be too greater loss. Having said that, I would be disappointed if he wasn't to stay loyal to the club.
He is a busy player, similar to a Caravella or Murdocca, however doesn't deliver much end product (either Goals or assists).

Roy Law

Through no fault of his own Ollie is now a squad player not a regular first team player. He is undoubtedly a quality player, good enough for the first team but opportunties are limited: in an attacking midfield role Mile and Bernie are ahead of him and Arnie has Pelle in the squad against Welly not Ollie; as a holding midfielder to cover Monty and Hutch he isn't going to get much opportunity. There are young players at the club pushing for recognition such as MacDonald and Caceres. Sometimes these things work out - an injury or suspension could give Ollie his chance - sometimes they don't. I can't see him leaving until his contract is up but I won't be surprised if he eventually moves on; It is part of a price paid for the strength and evolution of a squad.

Gratis

Don't forget we have a number of games in a couple of short weeks ahead - Arnie is likely keeping the squad fresh by leaving Ollie and a couple of others out, the decision was probably made simpler after his knock to the head too

bikinigirl

. if we are looking towards the future we also need to consider that tomi won't be around forever, there is noise about the wee-man moving back to europe and mile can't have that many more seasons in 'im

. oli's future at the club doesn't seem that grim ... finals/acl busy time to come too

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred