• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Piss Ants V Mariners

Huddo

Quite excited about tonight. We win, we go seven points clear, if only briefly. How's that for putting down a marker for the rest of the league? When's the last time the wooden spooners went seven points clear after nine rounds?

I honestly think this is the most important game of the campaign, if we win it puts solid pressure on FC, glory, bulls, Brissie, and WSW. The win makes us top contender for weeks. A loss will still keep us up there but the pressure goes straight off the boys in the chase. Even the neutrals will be watching this one

true believer

Sydney FC are mathematically capable of being top in front of us, so im not sure why theres been so much noise about being top.

With such an imbalance of fixtures this season we need to stop looking at the table so much and focus on getting results
after the misery of the last few years . a little bit of singing doesn't hurt .
everyone knows the job is still ahead. 40 points probably gets us the play offs .
another 7 wins gets us there . ooh my

AuzDutchy

Just let us enjoy it :cool:
Apologies for sounding like a downer to everyone, twas not my intention.

Im over the moon with how we are playing and quietly confident heading towards finals etc my point was simply that THIS YEARS table is rather meaningless atleast until teams have caught up on results etc.

My celebrations and optimism comes from how we are playing and the results we are picking up, not based on the table position.

turbo

Apologies for sounding like a downer to everyone, twas not my intention.

Im over the moon with how we are playing and quietly confident heading towards finals etc my point was simply that THIS YEARS table is rather meaningless atleast until teams have caught up on results etc.

My celebrations and optimism comes from how we are playing and the results we are picking up, not based on the table position.
At worst we're 3rd (hypothetically behind Perth due to goal difference) on an adjusted table assuming perfect results for Sydney and Perth so that's still a very good reason to be happy. I'm not confident either of them will go without dropping points either. But as others have said we keep pushing for finals and see how far we can go.

Michael

Yep - I look at it three ways.

Points - 18 - 1st
Points per game - 2.25 - 1st
Possible Points - 72 - 2nd or 3rd on GD.

All looking rosy at the moment - but still a long way from an assured finals spot (37 - 40?)

I genuinely feel the same confidence I felt in our championship season.
We have the youth backing up the senior boys. We’re not losing much at all when a key player is out and that’s the biggest sign.
yeaaaaaah we’ve shipped a few goals but the fight back is incredible and consistent. The few errors per match will continually decrease. Ofcourse we will lose again and a few times at that. but imo we will finish in the top 3 at very least.

Wombat

IMO the next step is to look at bringing him on at half time. First A league season and needs to be managed carefully. I think he’ll get that starting spot before the season is out if he keeps his current trajectory. Staj just needs to keep communicating that and show him there is a path to that starting spot.

I think he has started 2 games already?

onto it

I genuinely feel the same confidence I felt in our championship season.
We have the youth backing up the senior boys. We’re not losing much at all when a key player is out and that’s the biggest sign.
yeaaaaaah we’ve shipped a few goals but the fight back is incredible and consistent. The few errors per match will continually decrease. Ofcourse we will lose again and a few times at that. but imo we will finish in the top 3 at very least.
Agree. We might even win if the next few games go alright.

Pirate Pete

Eukj91WVEAESmMX

Michael

Anyone have any kind of word on what’s happening with our Serbian lad?
Struggling to adapt, get fit? Or both?

I know his 4 minute cameo is nothing to go off but he looked sharp on the ball

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred