• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Piss Ants V Mariners

Michael

Kuol HAS to start for me. Unleash him! He’s just won player of the month, reward him with a start and watch him cause havoc and he will score, no doubt in my mind. Adelaides CB’s will just try chopping him to pieces and get cards.
I know matty is actually playing some of his best football in years and looks inspired at the minute, but Kuol gives us more IMO. And more minutes equals more development.

Allreet?

Kuol HAS to start for me. Unleash him! He’s just won player of the month, reward him with a start and watch him cause havoc and he will score, no doubt in my mind. Adelaides CB’s will just try chopping him to pieces and get cards.
I know matty is actually playing some of his best football in years and looks inspired at the minute, but Kuol gives us more IMO. And more minutes equals more development.
But part of the reason Kuol has done so well is that he's coming on late against tired defences. I reckon Staj has got the balance just about right with all three strikers.

Allreet?

I am a little worried - Adelaide at home are always strong and they do have a good side with excellent attacking players (although I've never rated Juric).

But I'm probably more worried about us. Will we, at some point, start believing our own hype and get complacent?

I really hope not, and I also hope my bagging Juric won't come back to bite us...

Allreet?

Some interesting questions there but disappointed he wasn't asked why he picked up the rice in the church where the wedding had been.

He's been one of the most improved this year. I was constantly screaming at him last year - always out of position; paper-thin in the tackle; terrible passing - but boy has he turned it around this campaign! He's become a really important player both in defence and attack.

true believer

what did he do?
Central Coast Mariners squad: 1. Mark BIRIGHITTI (GK), 3. Lewis MILLER, 4. Joshua NISBET, 5. Stefan NIGRO, 7. Stefan JANKOVIC, 8. Oliver BOZANIC, 10. Daniel DESILVA, 11. Jack CLISBY, 12. Marcos UREÑA, 14. Daniel BOUMAN, 15. Kye ROWLES, 19. Matt SIMON, 20. Adam PEARCE (GK), 21. Ruon TONGYIK, 22. Michal JANOTA, 23. Dan HALL, 25. Matthew HATCH, 26. Jaden CASELLA, 29. Alou KUOL, 32. Max BALARD

INS: 7. Stefan JANKOVIC (Promoted), 25. Matthew HATCH (Promoted) 32. Max BALARD (Promoted)

Outs: 6. Gianni Stensness (Injured)

Unavailable: 6. Gianni STENSNESS (Lower Leg – 3-4 weeks), 30. Jordan SMYLIE (Knee – 1-2 Weeks)

Michael

But part of the reason Kuol has done so well is that he's coming on late against tired defences. I reckon Staj has got the balance just about right with all three strikers.

but also keeping your red hot prodigal striker as a super sub especially when you’re wanting to upgrade his contract is a quick way for things to sour.
And implying he’s only effective against tiring defences is a slight on his ability.
he’s just as good from the start and for longer so really, better from the start.

pjennings

but also keeping your red hot prodigal striker as a super sub especially when you’re wanting to upgrade his contract is a quick way for things to sour.
And implying he’s only effective against tiring defences is a slight on his ability.
he’s just as good from the start and for longer so really, better from the start.
Squad management is what managers are paid the big bucks for... Oh wait - this is CCMFC

Allreet?

I'm not slighting him at all - big fan. But squads have to be managed and player expectations and careers have to be managed - that's a big part of Staj's job. Probably easier in the past when we were crap, but performances and player expectation have gone through the roof. Simon has been doing well - scoring goals and upsetting the opposition - but he can't do it forever so Kuol will increasingly be taking over.

He's still learning too. A young striker demanding a starting spot would never have missed that simple chance on the weekend. But he did - from six yards! Simon had a similar (slightly harder) chance saved but at least he hit the bloody target. Kuol has to learn to be ruthless. It's almost a striker's most important quality.

true believer

Risky move.

The no brainer solution is to bring in Nizzy who was worthy of getting back into the starting line up anyway.

Let Hall earn his stripes when Kye or Ruon inevitably get injured or called up to the NT
nizzy is a play maker , stens is dirty harry .that's the job we'll need to get done .
i like the idea of hall with ollie holding his hand . if not hall ,someone who can do that job .

in staj we trust

Ironbark

This is interesting. Early on we were more than happy to let teams dominate possession and hit them on a turn over and we've slowly increased our possession stats since. We've shown that we can win the ball in midfield and on the press so they'll need to be very organised if they intend on attacking hard. To me this line from Veart is gamesmanship and the game will be fairly cagey with both sides looking to not concede first and attack second.
Thinking the same thing.
And if it's not gamesmanship then come at us...it only plays to our strengths AND their weaknesses (failing as a defensive unit and in transition).

turbo

Dan Hall at DM anyone?
Unnecessary risk when we have players that know the midfield roles well and can step in. When we were rubbish that kind of move was fine because we didn’t have much to lose. It’s different now and we would be expected to win this one so play it safe.

If injury or performance requires it might not be the worst option to hold on to a lead at 80 mins +

turbo

IMO the next step is to look at bringing him on at half time. First A league season and needs to be managed carefully. I think he’ll get that starting spot before the season is out if he keeps his current trajectory. Staj just needs to keep communicating that and show him there is a path to that starting spot.

Allreet?

Quite excited about tonight. We win, we go seven points clear, if only briefly. How's that for putting down a marker for the rest of the league? When's the last time the wooden spooners went seven points clear after nine rounds?

Ironbark

Sydney FC are mathematically capable of being top in front of us, so im not sure why theres been so much noise about being top.

With such an imbalance of fixtures this season we need to stop looking at the table so much and focus on getting results
I've thought about this too - and while it is possible for them to jump us they actually have to win those games. Historically that's easier said than done so when they earn top spot they can have it. For now we have actually won our games and deserve the recognition

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred