• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Piss Ants V Mariners

scottmac

Suspended
Unfortunate for him, I would expect nizzy will slot in alongside Ollie at cm with janota staying out wide
I reckon they'll all be fairly fluid unlike when Stens is in the team. Olly to remain more defensive than previous games and the 3 midfielders to rotate around. It's an exciting thought to have DDS Nizzy and Janota combining together. If it clicks, then watch out pissants.
That's unless Staj decides to go a bit more defensive and surprise us with a DM replacement

Last edited:

turbo

Unfortunate for him, I would expect nizzy will slot in alongside Ollie at cm with janota staying out wide
Could go either way, bring Janota in and let Nisbet drive forward (which I think is more likely) or assume Nisbet knows the system better so bring him in to the middle. I think either will work and am glad we have the coverage to be able to do that. Might allow Casella and the other import more minutes at the back end of the game.

Forum Phoenix

Could go either way, bring Janota in and let Nisbet drive forward (which I think is more likely) or assume Nisbet knows the system better so bring him in to the middle. I think either will work and am glad we have the coverage to be able to do that. Might allow Casella and the other import more minutes at the back end of the game.
I don’t see Janota as having the engine yet to play central and I’m not at all sure yet that he can do the job to break up play. So I’m expecting we’ll see Nisbet,

nikko

Suspended

Hey all, For those not travelling to the game then feel free to come down to Mingara and watch the game there! Will be there from 6 and would be good to see you all.
Hit up the pokies after the Mariners game?

Wombat

my punt before the covid call i had 2bucks on this paying $238

ADELAIDE UNITED VS CENTRAL COAST MARINERSCentral Coast Mariners (Match Result)
Fixed Win @ 2.75 2 days
WESTERN UNITED FC VS MACARTHUR FCWestern United Fc (Match Result)
Fixed Win @ 2.35 3 days
SYDNEY FC VS BRISBANE ROARSydney Fc (Match Result)
Fixed Win @ 2.15 3 days
PERTH GLORY VS MELBOURNE CITYPerth Glory (Match Result)
Fixed Win @ 2.55 3 days
MELBOURNE VICTORY VS NEWCASTLE JETSNewcastle Jets (Match Result)
Fixed Win @ 2.704 days
City and Roar could be banana skins. Good luck TB.

Michael

I reckon Staj will take the chance to give jankovic some extra minutes from the bench
Niz will definitely come in for Stens.
I’d personally love to see more minutes from Balard, he’s kind of gone under the radar in his couple appearances but certainly not looked out of place.

Forum Phoenix

I think he slotted in there when Oli was out. Against City?
He did but unless I’m getting confused, it was late in the match and we were on the front foot and pressing. So pretty different role than if he starts next to Olly.

Also for mine if Janota is going to be starting longer term it’s wide, isn’t it? Can’t see Staj willingly breaking up the Olly/Stens pairing so makes more sense to play him where you intend to keep playing him.

I guess we’ll see. But for mine our central midfield energy and fight has been key to our wins and I think even just on fitness Nisbet will offer more in that regard right now.

Forum Phoenix

I reckon Staj will take the chance to give jankovic some extra minutes from the bench
Niz will definitely come in for Stens.
I’d personally love to see more minutes from Balard, he’s kind of gone under the radar in his couple appearances but certainly not looked out of place.
Yeah that makes sense provided he still sees him as playing a key role for us moving forward so it’s a priority.

let’s assume at this point he starts niz and Janota.

sub 1. Kuol, 2. Bouman. 3. Casella.
Those players unless we’re only focused on shutting up shop are surely coming on. Actually even then I’ll think they’ll all come on.

so subs 4 and 5...

I see 2 spots for 5 players, Max, Miller, Hall, Smylie and Jankovic all fighting just to get minutes off the bench. (How good is that).

Game itself may dictate who they will need to be. Otherwise it must be who Staj thinks is the highest priority to develop,

scottmac

Suspended
You'd hope so they had nothing in the mid or defence over the weekend.
This is interesting. Early on we were more than happy to let teams dominate possession and hit them on a turn over and we've slowly increased our possession stats since. We've shown that we can win the ball in midfield and on the press so they'll need to be very organised if they intend on attacking hard. To me this line from Veart is gamesmanship and the game will be fairly cagey with both sides looking to not concede first and attack second.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred