• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Piss Ants V Mariners

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Mariners appealled rowles and won
link? If so that would be, I think, the 2nd red card ever rescinded in the league - and points to it not even being close to a red.

Which would mean the word on here about him calling the ref a 'f**king disgrace' wasn't true - because that certainly justifies a red. Red would only get overturned if it's a serious error by the referee.

Huddo

link? If so that would be, I think, the 2nd red card ever rescinded in the league - and points to it not even being close to a red.

Which would mean the word on here about him calling the ref a 'f**king disgrace' wasn't true - because that certainly justifies a red. Red would only get overturned if it's a serious error by the referee.

A inside source.

As for what was said and what was reported, the Ref supposed apparently reported that rowles had said 'you're a disgrace', omitting the f**king part, and the red was issued because of the threatening manner in which rowles was directing the water bottle

Last edited:

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

A inside source.

As for what was said and what was reported, the Ref supposed apparently reported that rowles had said 'you're a disgrace', omitting the f**king part, and the red was issued because of the threatening manner in which rowles was directing the water bottle
That's still surprising for that to be rescinded based on that...the disgrace bit is the offensive part.....has to be a gimme by the MRP, surely.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Who knows....realistically it shouldn't be affected by Fielding, but the MRP stopped making sense a long time ago. But yeah, appeasing us methinks

pinklady

Wrong and right there Capn - I know of at least 3 red cards that have been rescinded in the A League - Cristiano and Allsopp both in the 2009 (?) Grand Final and Besart Berisha for Victory against Brisbane about 4 years ago.

I agree with you - it doesn't natter whether he called the ref a disgrace or a f***ing disgrace it is still "using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures"

I had heard a different version - from a very much inside source that he said "that's a disgrace - it wasn't a f**king penalty" - he didn't call the ref a disgrace just the incident (now that is splitting hairs) and if you gave a red card for every time someone said that's not a f**king free kick/corner/throw in/offside/handball etc we would have no players left by half time in any game.

Anyway - hopefully it is rescinded and some sanity prevails.

Now for a bit of controversy - and I will say in advance this will not be popular.

I was as disgusted/annoyed/angry as anybody with some of the decisions during the game. But my anger is directed solely at Adam Fielding not Kurt Ams. I know Ams isn't popular with a lot (probably most) of our supporters but just settle down and look at things realistically.

The VAR didn't make any of the decisions against us - nor did he award any of the penalties. Every decision was made by Fielding - and technically they can all be interpreted as correct. Not that I agree with any of them but bear me out.

The first one Mauk knocks the ball pass Tongyik, Tongkik pulls out and pulls back and Mauk throws himself forward. It is obvious that Tongyik hasn't played the ball and the referee gets confirmation that there was contact between Mauk and Tongyik - which there clearly was. The referee had already made up his mind that it was a foul and he sought confirmation that there was contact. The fact that Mauk threw himself into the contact wasn't taken into account by the ref when it should've been,

Second pen - Nisbet has hold of Mauk - no question. Mauk also has hold of Nisbet and uses his body weight to drag them both to the ground. VAR confirms that Nisbet did hold his opponent - therefore penalty. Soft as F**k and the the VAR could only confirm what he could see on the angles available. What amazes me is that the referee didn't pick that up in the first place and the person he should've asked was the AR standing almost in line less than 15 metres away with a clear view of both players holding each other. Its the first person the ref should've gone to.

Neither of these would've been overturned had the referee gone to the review screen.

Third one - correctly referred by the VAR because there WAS a handball in the penalty area - again no question. The referee didn't award the penalty initially so he needed irrefutable evidence on the replay that it was a handball. Everyone has seen there was enough doubt that the ball came off his foot first, maybe even his face, that the opposition player was in such close proximity that it couldnt be avoided and even balancing your body in that manner is not an unnatural position. However it was ADAM FIELDING, the referee who made the decision that it had not come off Kye's foot, the attacker was far enough away for contact to be avoided and the hand was in an unnatural position - not Kurt Ams the VAR who was actually doing his job and referring a handball in the box for the referee to decide on.

So tear Fielding apart as much as you want, but spare the VAR who actually got his job right. We have a better record under AMS than we do nearly all other A League referees who have refereed us more than 3 or 4 times. Because of our terrible performances over the last few seasons, we don't have a better than 30% win record under any referee (5 or more games). Our worst is Jonathon Barreiro who we have won 0 games out of 10 when he has refereed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami