• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Piss Ants V Mariners

true believer

Can't really read too much into that given our record over the last 7 years.

Kurt Ams is not even close to the standard required at this level. I mean, most of the referees are below the required standard - but Kurt Ams is utterly abhorrent. He is well, well below the standard - although usually he f**ks it up all over the pitch. There are a couple of referees out there who I can't help but feel tend to get very, very one-sided, Ams is just usually shit both ways. Though I suppose one way to mask a deliberate wrong decision would be to make a stack of deliberate wrong decisions -especially if you know the assessors and coaches don't do a damn thing about it.
he was complete shit today .if rowles is watching the tele .a cricket bat has probably gone through it.

scottmac

Suspended
he was complete shit today .if rowles is watching the tele .a cricket bat has probably gone through it.
He wasn't really shit. Other than the pens he did ok. He was obviously told to be less controversial due to the shit storm the aleague copped after our game. There were 2 legitimate easy to give penalties in this game and even var chose to turn the other way.

pjennings

I don't see how you read that.

7 wins, 13 losses - only a 2 match swing there, and given our record over the last years, that's probably showing kindness to us.

Club records are pretty meaningless for referees. There's just nothing to be interpreted from it.
Agree with that - but subjectively Ams and Fielding are poor refs and poor refs always err on the side of the favourite. We have been shit for years but have improved. They have been shit for years but ...

shipwreck

I had a mate from work who has never been a soccer fan and didn't have a clue I was a Mariners fan ask me if I was frustrated with what happened on Friday night in the Aleague?

So clearly the message has made it out to the general public, outside the usual circles that something happened

scottmac

Suspended
"Other than the pens ". So, he was vaguely competent except for when it mattered
Well he was told not to make those calls obviously because it was "looked at" by var also and same result. If this was the first game he was involved in this week then he'd probably been comfortable calling those.

Wombat

Can't really read too much into that given our record over the last 7 years.

Kurt Ams is not even close to the standard required at this level. I mean, most of the referees are below the required standard - but Kurt Ams is utterly abhorrent. He is well, well below the standard - although usually he f**ks it up all over the pitch. There are a couple of referees out there who I can't help but feel tend to get very, very one-sided, Ams is just usually shit both ways. Though I suppose one way to mask a deliberate wrong decision would be to make a stack of deliberate wrong decisions -especially if you know the assessors and coaches don't do a damn thing about it.
Agree. He is normally so shit both ways you just laugh and accept it. But, he was so obviously on a bung it was tear enducing on Friday night

LFCMariners

This. And the most galling example I've seen of that in 16yrs of following the Mariners (which probably gets forgotten with the drama of what followed) was 2011 GF, end of added in regulation time Bernie Ibini is put through to be one-on-one with Theo and the ref blows time. Don't tell me that if that have been at the other end or involved any of the darling teams it wouldn't have been allowed to run 3-4 seconds longer to see what played out.
Or Wilko getting grabbed off the ball with under a minute left of time...

But who cares about stuff like that when you have the chance to ensure 30,000 bandwagoners in their brand new Best & Less Roar shirts never forget the first time they watched "their" team play live- for all the right reasons?

(Except for the ones who caught the early buses home, of course. Not that a single one of them ever did a thing like that...)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred