• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Petrie to Join Fergie at NQ

greenpoint

Petrie decides to team up with Ferguson
Ross County coach will return to Australia with managers blessing
By Stephen Kasiewicz

(The Press and Journal, Aberdeen, http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/874147?UserKey= )
Published: 07/10/2008

ROSS County coach Stewart Petrie will leave Victoria Park to return to Australia at the end of the year.

The 38-year-old, who joined the Dingwall club in July last year, will join new A-League side North Queensland as assistant to former Rangers midfielder Ian Ferguson.

Petrie played a significant role on the field in Countys Second Division championship victory last term and had been coaching the clubs under-17 and 19 players.

He will go back to Australia, where he spent four years as a player and coach from 2003 to 2007, with manager Derek Adams blessing.

Adams said: Stewart will go to Australia in the New Year and it is a natural progression for him in his coaching career. North Queensland made him a good offer which will give him a bit of stability. He knows the area well and wants to bring his family up there.

We wont review our coaching staff until after he leaves.

The County manager believes his side can further advance up the First Division after back to back home victories against Airdrie and Morton moved them to seventh in the First Division.

He added: We have performed well at home, scoring five goals in our last two games without conceding.

We had six games away from home in a row and it was a difficult time for us.

Maybe the travelling did catch up with us and we could have taken more points than we did.

midfielder

No disrespect intended ............ but Petrie / Ferguson ....... to run a  start up team  in an established league.

Good luck to them both ......... just got that Perth look to me about it hopefully I am wrong.

greenpoint

Not sure, Midfielder. I reckon Stewart Petrie's done pretty well with Ross County in the Scottish first and second divisions (for what it's worth!).

And I liked what I saw of Fergie in the Mariners' dugout, but admittedly that was as a coach rather than a manager.

Remains to be seen, but I reckon they could go all right, given a half decent squad of players.

marinermick

north queensland cougars? http://nqfc.proboards102.com/index.cgi?board=nqfc&action=display&thread=26&page=1

Arabmariner

marinermick said:
north queensland cougars? http://nqfc.proboards102.com/index.cgi?board=nqfc&action=display&thread=26&page=1
That was interesting reading.They are even worried about choosing Green in the colours in case they upset a bunch o blue soap dodgers from Glasgow!

Pathetic really.

greenpoint

marinermick said:

Marinermick, I saw your posts on that thread.

I'm surprised you have time to post on the NQ forum!

So, how many other forums are you playing around with besides ours?

marinermick

greenpoint said:
marinermick said:

Marinermick, I saw your posts on that thread.

I'm surprised you have time to post on the NQ forum!

So, how many other forums are you playing around with besides ours?

all of them, bar the scum, though the adelaide split is getting me confused

pjennings

I seem to remember reading somewhere that Stewart was one of the best qualified (credential-wise) coaches in Australia. Obviously his experience is a bit light on.

They do sound like my team to watch when I'm not watching the mighty Mariners!!!

Teddy Bear

Have to agree with midfielder. They will end up being like the Cowboys. The majority will be locals as very few will want to go there beacuse its too hot. See how long Fergie and Petrie lasts with the heat. Not long I reckon.

Had to laugh they were certain Rangers iconic hero Barry Ferguson was definitely going to be their marquee.

skilbeck

yeah I wouldve thought that cockface wouldve been too young to go to NQ for a marquee deal It might happen in a few years though but yeah see how long any scotsmen last in the tropics especially in a playing capacity

Teddy Bear

no you have the wrong bloke. you are obviously thinking of that irish team that plays in green and white. I'm talking about our Scottish captain Barry Ferguson or Baz if you prefer.

skilbeck

Teddy Bear said:
no you have the wrong bloke. you are obviously thinking of that irish team that plays in green and white. I'm talking about our Scottish captain Barry Ferguson or Baz if you prefer.

oops my mistake i honestly thought the guy who wears number 6 for that blue shirted team in Glasgow was the one they were talking about and I know him as cockface :p

marinermick

Greenpoleffc said:
NQ Cougars????

Winner of f**king stupid name of the century award

To you and I who are the traditional football supporters.

However to kids, families and the football uninitiated it will be a drawcard and offer countless marketing and branding opportunities.

It is those people we need to get on the football bandwagon and keep them there.

Queensland has been very successful with their branding and "stupid" name. On the other hand people have struggled to connect with Sydney and Adelaide despite their successes on the park. WTF is an "United"?

Bear

You know qld roar have done an AMAZING job with the name when their own fans take the piss out of it.

Cougars is a great name marketing wise. People will never remember the united's and fc's for winning anything, but a Cougar, people will remember that

greenpoint

Yeah, and here's me thinking that club names should somehow reflect the identity of the region that the club represents. At least we're kind of on the right track with Mariners.

What's an appropriate name for the NQ team? The Crocs? The Tropical Storm? The Banana Boys? The Pineapples? The Rainforest? The Sugar Cane Farmers? Sorry, but I what I know about the NQ region is obviously confined to poor stereotypes.

dru

1st of all your local clubs have nicknames that don't reflect the area, so don't go ragging on the idea.

2nd the qld state league side is the NQ Razorbacks, considering they will keep that team going, that is out as a name. there is a cougars in the QSL so quite possibly they are using the name as something others will know. If it works from Rockhampton north will have more of an connection to NQ than the Roar.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred