• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Petition for DANNY

Wheresdadspants?

Was driving back to sydney tonight and saw the banner on an overpass which said              SAVE DANNY.COM.AU    Don't know who did this but good on you it looks bloody awesome.

timp

There are a lot of supporters out there - Ken is responsible for the sign. we have many more plans as well...
unfortunately the hearing has just ended and not well for our cause, I might add. Danny's suspension was shortened but only by 3 months - he still has to sit out the initial 9 month period, but his probation period has been shortened to 3 months instead of 6...
all that that achieves is that he only has to wait 3 months before he can give a ref a high five...

So we will be keeping up the petition...we are going to change the wording of it slightly, to reflect the new developments, and the FACEBOOK group is going to stay open and active in support for DANNY...
should he renew his contract with the MARINERS for the next season, we have many plans to show our support for him that involves boycots of away games, fans wearing supportive t-shirts and masks...stuff that sends out a clear message to the FFA and a message of support and hope to Danny - who probably feels ripped off and worthless right now!

graaant

timp said:
There are a lot of supporters out there - Ken is responsible for the sign. we have many more plans as well...
unfortunately the hearing has just ended and not well for our cause, I might add. Danny's suspension was shortened but only by 3 months - he still has to sit out the initial 9 month period, but his probation period has been shortened to 3 months instead of 6...
all that that achieves is that he only has to wait 3 months before he can give a ref a high five...

So we will be keeping up the petition...we are going to change the wording of it slightly, to reflect the new developments, and the FACEBOOK group is going to stay open and active in support for DANNY...
should he renew his contract with the MARINERS for the next season, we have many plans to show our support for him that involves boycots of away games, fans wearing supportive t-shirts and masks...stuff that sends out a clear message to the FFA and a message of support and hope to Danny - who probably feels ripped off and worthless right now!

Boycotting away games?
What exactly is that going to prove?

Gen (MarinerMum)

Boycotting away games?  Please - You are looking at 10-100 at most!

Bigger impact at home games!  Especially when at some grounds they don't even show the away fans.

skilbeck

The problem with a boycott at home is that it would show up on the record that crowds are down and due to the FFA being run like a ruthless, stubborn business they would interpret that as the central coast losing interest in the A league.

graaant

Yeah, I don't think boycotting is a good idea really.
Other than that, I'm all for "protesting" in creative ways!
The whole petition, albeit quite useless by the looks of things, surely must send a message to the FFA!

I think continuing to support Danny and Mariners will dishearten Buckley and Lowy more than anything, if we don't show, it gives them and the Fox dickheads more flack to put on us.

timp

We definitely need to show support for them at HOME GAMES...prove that we love our team and love our football. By not showing up at away games, that hits the FFA in the pocket. its a business, and as such it thrives on making money. By not showing up the away games it will hurt them financially - albeit just a little bit, but a bit none the less. They'll see that we aren't losing interest by our presence at the home games. The petition won't change anyones decision, but as graaant pointed out, it does show support to danny and would show our non-support for the FFA etc.

as for creative ways of protest - i think the t-shirt idea would work well as it would get seen by the team and shown on the screen. no one would miss it. the masks is also a creative idea, however my only reservation with that one is that it might look like we don't approve of Danny's replacement, which is not the message we want to get across - but it would definitely get the notice of the people that count - even if it is too late to achieve anything, we don't want to let them think they can get away with unjust rulings in the future, and we don't want them to think we respect them.

skilbeck

I saw the petition more as something that would keep Dannys morale up hopefully as well as fire him up when he returns Graaant, then as something that the FFA are going to seriously look at and thing "well 1000 signatures must mean we're wrong", though we could only have been optimistic

graaant

Oh, I in no way meant my comment badly toward the partition! I'm all for it, I just meant in terms of the FFA seeing such things it wasn't going to do much.

Hopefully Danny does see it and realise that we're all behind him, the little things like that could just be what motivates him to keep himself fit and ready for his return.

timp

Danny's seen it! we've had word from his manager that he appreciates what we are doing. So its all helping. We sent copies to the mariners hq and I believe they did mention it during the recent hearing. tis all good!

timp

yeah...at the time of the hearing we had about 1070 signings and we are at about 1300 to date...
my concern is that with the added publicity of it, there are some non-fans coming on and leaving innapropriate messages on it...the most recent one at the moment is one in particular that I wish to delete but don't have the means to do so...
but we hope to keep signings going until we know for sure that all hearings and appeals are over...there is still the possibility of another appeal next week and pending the ruling on that I believe they plan on going to the court of arbitration for sport...
once all the appeals are truly over, there will no longer be any need for the petition, so we will operate the facebook group to keep people up-to-date with our protests, and will use the domain name to link to the ebay store where we plan to sell the savedanny t-shirts!

graaant

Woah, I just read what was written.
What a dickhead, I'd be obliged to point fingers at the Scum... either that or the f**kin' ANM

skilbeck

graaant said:
Woah, I just read what was written.
What a dickhead, I'd be obliged to point fingers at the Scum... either that or the f**kin' ANM

or someone who supports an opposing faction of Balkan politics. But I thought Australian football has moved beyond that

graaant

Society in general will never move past it when you've still got bonehead f**kin' fascists on the face of the earth.
People need to grow up.

www.fightdemback.org ;)

promdi442

I spent some time in Brazil and went to watch some games there. At the time the supporters of Fluminense were very upset with the club president.

As a mark of protest they draped black crepe paper all over the place with painted signs all over the place.  (And although we cant do this ) they had BLACK flares that they let off before the game. Very dramatic and certainly got the message over to all and sundry.

[size=10pt]Maybe black printed t-shirts and black flags instead of the yellow mariners flags black balloons etc would get the message over to FFA and all and sundry[/size]

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred