• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Perth Glory V Mariners Rd 3

Michael

Might have been a bit impatient with you @Michael, sorry mate. I've been thinking on this, what I really meant I think is Jacko has taken charge of a squad that was recruited/retained with the intention of repeating a Championship winning season using known good tactics that were a winning formula. Forget "making your mark" just play the squad you've been handed the way Monty intended using his tactics until Jan. Then sell and recruit as you see fit to switch up and suit the tactics you want to play.
This is a very fair shout, but yeah I dunno, that would take some heavy swallowing of self worth from a new manager

I get what you’re saying though

pjennings

But what were Monty's plan. Maybe the narrow diamond 4-4-2 talked about in the pod was in his plans. Maybe that would make more sense with the squad we have and explain why some players don't really fit at the moment. Monty would not tell Jacko how to play. It isn't up to him and Jacko wouldn't appreciate it if it was offered

Last edited:

Meerkat

Not Niz, Jacko. Looks very nervous to me, lots of empty platitudes, just my take I've been wrong before ?
To be fair to Jacko (who yes, does seem nervous), there have been a lot of comments about him being too open with tactics and giving too much away. Maybe he reads the forum and is now keeping things close to his chest and speaking in riddles instead ?

Corsair

While I was deeply disappointed with our performance on Sunday, I was particularly disappointed with Di Pizio. Have heard a lot about him and thought he looked excellent in his cameo on Thursday night.

Looked a bit overawed - already beaten perhaps - when he came on, on Sunday. Was hoping for better but he's very young. Needs to get his confidence up.
Guess you got it right, not selected for the Perth game. Maybe he'll travel and be used for the Bali game.

Last edited:

Tevor

Staj is a great coach who knows our club well. This will be a very tough game.
I think Bozanic trying to run the team will help us a lot, I watched a game where Colli who I think shows promise was constantly asking for the ball only for Bozanic to ignore him. They have a lot of young players like us so a lot will depend on who turns up to play and who finishes their chances. We don’t want to give Taggart too many however I fear we will. We really need to bury one early and then hopefully that confidence will grow.

Forum Phoenix

Reading too much into it bro. He still looked pretty confident. The weird vibe is on here tbh.

I actually thought he spoke really well. Not closed off or even remotely defensive. Addressed all the questions. Wasn't searching hard for answers either, which is a sign of someone who's genuinely doing the work. That's no guarantee he'll get there. But definitely not coming off as tactically inflexible, elitist, a chump or asleep at the wheel - all of which we've seen from coaches in our past. (Not that I'm saying that's what you were implying Corsair).

I agree Wombat. I think we're nervy. Understandable. All the disruption doesn't just affect the team. It affects the fans. If we're winless in four, I'll truly start to worry. Six, and I'll be saying we're approaching crunch time. But anything else... well honestly, although I consider myself an optimist, a good teams season can scupper for considerably less disruption than what we've just had.

But I'm feeling optimistic. Because he spoke well and also Niz talking team spirit/friendship stuff again is huge. A group of players can easily think they're special and form an in group when they do well and that can make rebuilding very hard, but sounds like they're in a good place mentally and I think Jackson at the very least seems like a guy who can keep the dressing room humming provided we start getting some results.

Forum Phoenix

We have always struggled in Perth. Our wins have been scrappy and we have scored some screamers there.

And we know Staj's ethos is for his team to fight and be well drilled. Can't afford to miss chances or make silly unforced errors at the back.

For me Paull isn't ready. Windust has considerably made less mistakes in the minutes he's played for us. And like most still believe Hall will come good if we just give him the chance. Also think Doka is defensively suspect and hoping Storm starts.

Tevor

And we know Staj's ethos is for his team to fight and be well drilled. Can't afford to miss chances or make silly unforced errors at the back.

For me Paull isn't ready. Windust has considerably made less mistakes in the minutes he's played for us. And like most still believe Hall will come good if we just give him the chance. Also think Doka is defensively suspect and hoping Storm starts.
I actually think Doka is pretty good defensively and seen some good stuff from him. Put him with two good CB’s who understand and trust each other it would be totally different. No different to Faz who has also coped some criticism the last few matches.

It’s going to take a while for us to settle at the back and is no different to last season. Got to give them time. Hall will get plenty of game time over the next 8 days with three games.

I like this is our second game in a row against A League opponents, I don’t see the AFC games being all that beneficial to form as the opponent levels are very different.

Expecting us to be well up for this match.

Corsair

I suspect the nerves may have come from underestimating the Aleague and possibly also seeing Rado get the boot and Corica on the verge of the same. We need a win or at least a draw to settle everyone.

Stuartmcateer

MJ is safe in my opinion, I don’t see us spearing him after 5 or 6 games. He needs to just get used to the league, the travel, different climates, etc. Simples
He is safe until he’s not (the full support of the board).

As long as we are doing well in the afc he will get some breathing space.

Out of the cup and out of the 6 come February though and we will have a caretaker in pretty fast.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred