• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Perth Glory V Mariners Rd 3

Corsair

I don’t feel like there’s been any experimenting thus far.
Perhaps only Wilson out wide….
So you think Niz has been playing his usual role and positioning?

And that we are not pressing more than usual?

I think Niz further forward and the high press is closing out space for Alou to run into

Big Dog

Concerning for me is that neither of our strikers in AK and DWH have been able to get into the game at all against decent opposition. Also heard that being out run by a side that played a day later and had to travel to get back for our game didn't go down to well either.

Corsair

Concerning for me is that neither of our strikers in AK and DWH have been able to get into the game at all against decent opposition. Also heard that being out run by a side that played a day later and had to travel to get back for our game didn't go down to well either.
I suspect Alou was not fully fit with that knee issue, even if he said he was.

Big Al

A but of patience and build some combinations.

Almost must win just to take the pressure off.

Max back in the Steele
Faz for Smith
Rest unchanged

Sub impact is a problem but you just have to go the young ones with Bali coming and then the game after.

Hopefully we are up so that we can bring on Tapp and hold the game.

FFC Mariner

He had 2 decent chances on Sunday that he didnt take

Ironbark

I've said this elsewhere, but

Danny
Storm Paull/Hall Kaltak Faz
Niz Max
Doka Tulio Torres
Alou

Torres on the left - his crosses and assists will come off his left foot which is his strength
Remove a little of Doka's defensive load and i reckon he'll be an even better attacker. Tuck in for Storm overlaps. Same with Torres to let Faz bomb through. Alou on the end of things, Tulio pulling strings, threading the needle and taking some shots will draw defenders too

Key subs - DiPizio, Theo, DWH
If Tulio tires - Niz to 10 and Steele in

Last edited:

Michael

So you think Niz has been playing his usual role and positioning?

And that we are not pressing more than usual?

I think Niz further forward and the high press is closing out space for Alou to run into
Is that an experiment or just how Jacko’s tactics are? If you know what I mean…

Allreet?

While I was deeply disappointed with our performance on Sunday, I was particularly disappointed with Di Pizio. Have heard a lot about him and thought he looked excellent in his cameo on Thursday night.

Looked a bit overawed - already beaten perhaps - when he came on, on Sunday. Was hoping for better but he's very young. Needs to get his confidence up.

Corsair

While I was deeply disappointed with our performance on Sunday, I was particularly disappointed with Di Pizio. Have heard a lot about him and thought he looked excellent in his cameo on Thursday night.

Looked a bit overawed - already beaten perhaps - when he came on, on Sunday. Was hoping for better but he's very young. Needs to get his confidence up.
Bit harsh, the whole team looked flat, high expectations for a young kid with very low minutes to be the savior. Looks like he's got a lot of potential but I think in general we're really expecting a lot from boys/young men this season.

priorpeter

Showed a few nice touches I thought, but was on a bit of a hiding to nothing when he came on. Kid has bundles of potential, let’s hope we get to see some more of it before he goes.

Corsair

:rolleyes: whatever, let's just say experimenting with tactics and stay friends.
Might have been a bit impatient with you @Michael, sorry mate. I've been thinking on this, what I really meant I think is Jacko has taken charge of a squad that was recruited/retained with the intention of repeating a Championship winning season using known good tactics that were a winning formula. Forget "making your mark" just play the squad you've been handed the way Monty intended using his tactics until Jan. Then sell and recruit as you see fit to switch up and suit the tactics you want to play.

Allreet?

Bit harsh, the whole team looked flat, high expectations for a young kid with very low minutes to be the savior. Looks like he's got a lot of potential but I think in general we're really expecting a lot from boys/young men this season.
No I wasn't expecting him to be the saviour, but I was hoping he'd provide a spark because he looked capable on the Thursday night.

Didn't really try anything and surely that's why you bring on a player when you're behind - to try something.

Of course I know he's young. Fingers crossed he can live up to the hope and expectation. (Especially mine.)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred