• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Perth Glory V Central Coast Mariners

Wombat

I don't know what the Rowles fan club sees in him. In a quite basic role he makes some prize mistakes almost every game. He was definitely outdone in the goal. At the next level up a player can't afford to make those basic mistakes. Being mistake free is just the start, then the man has to actually be good in his position. I don't see it with Rowles.
I'd have to say the same about Tongyik. Some decent work but still a lot of issues.
Just take a look at some of the other leagues around the world to see the quality levels that the boys will come up agaainst at the International level. It's not like getting an attendance medal at under eights.
Neither are ready yet but they are close, both have been fantastic this season and I feel you are talking about how they played last year, not now.

scottmac

Suspended
Our cb's have been unchanged and we're leading the league. That alone dispels any myth that we have error prone cb's. However you can go further than that and say we have the best goal difference, and are close to equal best in goals against per game considering that Sydney are only marginally better due to having played less games and that's forgetting about the decisions we copped against the pissants. Take that into account and we are miles ahead. Both Rowles and Tonjik are massive reasons for that.

Last edited:

pjennings

Our cb's have been unchanged and we're leading the league. That alone dispels any myth that we have error prone cb's. However you can go further than that and say we have the best goal difference, and are close to equal best in goals against per game considering that Sydney are only marginally better due to having played less games and that's forgetting about the decisions we copped against the pissants. Take that into account and we are miles ahead. Both Rowles and Tonjik are massive reasons for that.
Goals conceded per game we concede less than SFC as do the scum.

Goals for per game we are running third behind Perth and Western United

Allreet?

I was very impressed with Rowles when captain of the Joeys. Especially his aerial defence and long passing. I compared him at the time with Trent Sainsbury although as he came through the senior ranks it was clear Rowles was nowhere near as fast as Sainsbury.

That's what has so impressed me this year. Either Rowles has gotten faster (very hard to do at his age) or has so improved his anticipation and positioning that he can do without speed. I suspect the latter because his last ditch tackling has been incredible this year and has saved numerous goals that would've gone in last year.

onto it

Bit harsh, even at high levels defenders get done every game. That’s the attackers job and some are very good at it.

But you have to remember we are talking about the U23 squad and there aren’t a lot of other great options getting decent minutes and performing. Optus had an article with an extensive list of players that could be in the mix and while I don’t think he’s pushing a starting spot with some of the international options he could well be a bench option at CB. But if clubs don’t release players Kye is very much in the mix and has been getting minutes at the previous tournament.
Point taken. It was a bit harsh.
I think Kye has the potential. He shows a lot of passion, seems smart enough and works hard, so he's improving every game. He's a valuable member of the team, and good team mates around him help the cause.
I just think it's a little early for international talk.

onto it

Agree..... I don't want to send this topic on a tangent....but when Lindelof and Maguire play together. aaarrrgghhhhh..... the SLOWEST pairing in the EPL. Tongyik and Rowles look MUCH better.
However, they are not dealing with the same quality of attackers...
They have been solid.

onto it

Changing the subject....
Looking at some of the differences between the two games, it's apparent that Nizz is more in tune with the team setup than is Janota. The midfield pairing was more organised and effective, due to both Ollie and Nizz being more disciplined in their positioning - obviously worked on after Adelaide.
It was also noticeable that our fullbacks got back more and received more help from the middies. NIgro especially, who for me is getting better down the line, but is still weak defensively, was helped a lot by the effervescent Niz. It worked well until second half tiredness set in.
I still can't figure Staj's subs though. For me, we needed fresh legs and the nous of Janota way earlier in the second half, as one example.
But what a great three points!

greenlig

I still can't figure Staj's subs though. For me, we needed fresh legs and the nous of Janota way earlier in the second half, as one example.

Staj alluded to that in the post-game interview, said "where they too late? We'll have to see when we review the game." or something to that effect. Janota was the right person to come on, just had sharpness and smarts that we needed, was great to see.

turbo

Add Boumann and maybe Pearce and Nizzy as well...:popcorn:
Bouman could be a chance, has been part of the setup but there is steep competition in the attacking roles. Similarly Nisbet is putting his hand up but so are others. I’m not sure he will get a look in purely due to the amount of options already in the frame but if he did make the cut it wouldn’t be undeserved.

Pearce has practically no chance with Margush, Glover and Delaniov (excuse spelling if wrong) all starting.

onto it

Bouman is certainly looking better all the time. I think he's a starter for us.
Nizz is amazing and deserving of at least a call up for a trial at u23s I would have thought.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred