• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Perth Glory V Central Coast Mariners

Ozhammer

Travelling to Perth this week was our only long away trip of the year, we only play Perth twice this year, Brisbane twice as well, with no Wellington trip either, we are really setup well for the rest of the season.
This

Last night was arguably our toughest away assignment for this season and the boys managed to jag the result, so it sets us up for a good middle period of the season.

The next four games are likely to determine whereabouts in the finals mix we will lie and hopefully the boys can maintain their momentum and belief.

I took a lot of encouragement from the frustrated looks on Simmo and Ollie’s faces post game last night, they know that second half showing wasn’t good enough and they will no doubt be reinforcing that with the rest of the playing group.

Avoca

Popovic to Victory now !!
An interesting proposition, but then Popovic would have to set aside family loyalties, as he would eventually play his brother-in-law, Milicic, at the Bulls. Too controversial. Plus, imagine Popovic’s own sons competing against their Uncle Ante.

Michael

This is a special squad.
During our championship year it was really only after the fact that I truly appreciated how good that squad was.
Being older, I’m more aware in the moment and this squad has the perfect balance of excellent youth and experienced core.
And there’s so much improvement possible.
as has been said a few times, we’re going to absolutely smash someone soon.

scottmac

Suspended
Was almost crazy how far up the pitch and how many we had late in the game. It was not smart as opened us right up and we were already tired but we also butchered some really good chances and one of those would have killed them off. I think we would be very disappointed in our performance in the second half and would be looking to score a few against them at home
On the other hand if they had jagged one or two it would have looked genius and basically killed their momentum. Agree it looked scrappy and not like us but that's why I think it was planned. Your right in that we wouldn't be happy with how that half played out.

turbo

it's kuol's nature he's so flat out . it's something you don't want him to hold back .
he'll learn a balance .
i also believe he also has been targeted . the one he got for the fire chickens on delvin i think he makes
minimal contact .devlin rolls around ,then jumps to his feet once the yellow is given .
this is probably another reason staj doesn't want to start him yet.
He has been very unlucky with some of the clumsy tackles being carded, you’ll see worse contact but better looking tackles let go every game. His enthusiasm makes them look worse but he will figure out the balance like you said. Don’t go in hard unless there’s a big upside.

Insertnamehere

Seriously?

I thought Rowles was fantastic - a toss up between him and DDS for MOTM.

Just goes to show the complexity of football when different people see such different things.
niz quiet on attack but we had so much defending to do. I think they tried to play away from him and oli.
rowles was at fault for their goal but otherwise serviceable.

dds is shoe in for olyroos

Big Al

He has been very unlucky with some of the clumsy tackles being carded, you’ll see worse contact but better looking tackles let go every game. His enthusiasm makes them look worse but he will figure out the balance like you said. Don’t go in hard unless there’s a big upside.
Sometimes it’s his trailing leg or his body that actually causes the foul and not the foot he lunges with. Perth was a perfect example of it being his follow through that caught the defender

turbo

Sometimes it’s his trailing leg or his body that actually causes the foul and not the foot he lunges with. Perth was a perfect example of it being his follow through that caught the defender
Yep that's why I'd say clumsy. They're over enthusiastic rather than malicious or particularly dangerous but the way they present often leads to being cautioned. That combined with being a young player means he doesnt benefit from the same benefit of the doubt more established players seem to get.

turbo

The way he's going, Tongyik wouldn't look out of place in a full Socceroos line up. I've picked him before in an A-League only selection, but his week after week consistency must mean he's in the conversation.

Sainsbury and Tongyik?
Bit of a leap if you mean not A league only, Degenek, Souttar, Deng all established in the national setup. But if he keeps it up who knows how far he can go.

onto it

Yep, both him and Rowles are really staking their claim. I really hope national team duty doesnt derail the back end of the season, that would be incredibly cruel.
I don't know what the Rowles fan club sees in him. In a quite basic role he makes some prize mistakes almost every game. He was definitely outdone in the goal. At the next level up a player can't afford to make those basic mistakes. Being mistake free is just the start, then the man has to actually be good in his position. I don't see it with Rowles.
I'd have to say the same about Tongyik. Some decent work but still a lot of issues.
Just take a look at some of the other leagues around the world to see the quality levels that the boys will come up agaainst at the International level. It's not like getting an attendance medal at under eights.

turbo

I don't know what the Rowles fan club sees in him.
Bit harsh, even at high levels defenders get done every game. That’s the attackers job and some are very good at it.

But you have to remember we are talking about the U23 squad and there aren’t a lot of other great options getting decent minutes and performing. Optus had an article with an extensive list of players that could be in the mix and while I don’t think he’s pushing a starting spot with some of the international options he could well be a bench option at CB. But if clubs don’t release players Kye is very much in the mix and has been getting minutes at the previous tournament.

finally retired

I don't know what the Rowles fan club sees in him. In a quite basic role he makes some prize mistakes almost every game. He was definitely outdone in the goal. At the next level up a player can't afford to make those basic mistakes. Being mistake free is just the start, then the man has to actually be good in his position. I don't see it with Rowles.
I'd have to say the same about Tongyik. Some decent work but still a lot of issues.
Just take a look at some of the other leagues around the world to see the quality levels that the boys will come up agaainst at the International level. It's not like getting an attendance medal at under eights.
yep....you only have to look at Harry Maguire as an example in other top leagues:popcorn:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred