• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Penang F.C.

kevrenor

STATE LEAGUE DIVISION 2 NORTH: ROUND 4: FIRST GRADE: Bathurst '75 2 (G
Dowling 70/83m) Springwood 1 (R Haberman 76m), Penang FC 0 Roosters FC 4
(H Celik 31m G Quattrone 38m B Elveren 41m G Aslan 50m), Prospect United
3 (P Landrelli 49/75m K Gabara 79m) Gladesville Ryde Magic 4 (A Morris
1m A Gatt 60m Own goal 72m J Martinez 89m). GRADE 20: Bathurst '75 1
Springwood 3, Penang FC 0 Roosters FC 11, Prospect United 2 Gladesville
Ryde Magic 0.

WELL INFORMED

Looks as though PFC are doing it pretty tough, see current table below:

RESERVES Table After Round 6  POS  TEAM                    P W D L For Ag GD Pts
                                              1  Prospect United          6 5 1 0 18 3 15 16
                                              2  Roosters FC              6 4 1 1 21 5 16 13
                                              3  Gladesville Ryde Magic 6 4 1 1 19 4 15 13
                                              4  Hurstville City Minotaurs 6 2 1 3 9 8 1 7
                                              5  Hakoah                      6 2 1 3 5 7 -2 7
                                              6  Bathurst 75                6 2 0 4 5 10 -5 6
                                              7  Springwood                5 1 1 3 5 9 -4 4
                                              8  Penang FC                5 0 0 5 0 36 -36 0

FIRSTS
    Table After Round 6  POS  TEAM                              P W D L For Ag GD Pts
                                  1  Gladesville Ryde Magic          6 5 1 0 17 5 12 16
                                  2  Prospect United                  6 4 1 1 22 10 12 13
                                  3  Roosters FC                        6 4 1 1 17 9 8 13
                                  4  Hakoah                              6 2 3 1 11 9 2 9
                                  5  Bathurst 75                        6 2 1 3 10 14 -4 7
                                  6  Hurstville City Minotaurs        6 1 3 2 15 17 -2 6
                                  7  Springwood                        5 0 0 5 5 18 -13 0
                                  8  Penang FC                          5 0 0 5 1 16 -15 0

Atomic

Combined for and against for Firsts and Reserves is... wait for it... 1 goal for, 52 against!

offtheball

Penang have had a season to foirget. No wins in either 1sts or reserves, more than 100 goals against about 10 for.

Any truth to the rumour that Mt Penang Football Club will be no more in 1010?

mrqwerty4

Penang FC where a disgrace to central coast football! 90% of the players won't even make it in a mens PL first grade squad! poor tony great coach but just couldnt attract the players!

The Smart one

For the record, Penang FC will not contest or enter any competitions in season 2010.
Central Coast Football clearly had a mandate to destroy this club not allowing junior teams into the local comp or even under 18s to backup 1st and reserves.

Fact, one Penang FC player currently at Sheff Wednesday coached by TG from the age of 12. Fact, one Penang FC player trialed at Blackpool FC and invited back when 18, would have stayed and signed for the season but for the red tape.
Fact, one player who trialed for cc lightning from the age of 13 and never selected trialed this current up comimg season for Gladesville spirit under 20s and selected.
Fact, one Penang FC player currently at blue square conference premier league and playing reserves.
Fact Penang FC provide full size portable goalposts and nets when the cc mariners formed as a club.
Fact, at least the players and some as young as 14 playing senior football enjoyed what was a very professional outfit, the training, the coaching, the equipment and the passion for something new and fresh.

Thanks for your comments mr mcguarty whoever you are.

TG

afan

TG fact both grades finished last, how is that good for any club.  Just because a few players go on to better things, does not mean Penang FC developed them.  You always boast about 442 etc and reality is that lots of those kids get extra training from many sources.  I do agree you can coach but some of the others you had working, went to CCF and took some of 442 kids there as well.

We are not fools

The Smart one

Afan, you are missing the point, when someone in the previous comments makes a statement that ex Penang players are not good enough to make local 1st grade premier league then what qualifications or credentials does this person have to make that statement and if so stop hiding behind the mask. I do not hide, I am upfront, credit who cares, I state facts. Your comment about 442, again who cares, the facts are their. This is not about credit for what its worth, this is about statements that persons can not support, I respect your input.

For what it is worth... THE MAJORITY ie 90% of Penang players would struggle to play local premier league.. That is my opinion!!

dibo

I love when anonymous posters tell other anonymous posters to not hide behind the mask. How about name yourselves or you can all shut it? Hmmm?

mrqwerty4

The Smart one said:
Afan, you are missing the point, when someone in the previous comments makes a statement that ex Penang players are not good enough to make local 1st grade premier league then what qualifications or credentials does this person have to make that statement and if so stop hiding behind the mask. I do not hide, I am upfront, credit who cares, I state facts. Your comment about 442, again who cares, the facts are their. This is not about credit for what its worth, this is about statements that persons can not support, I respect your input.

the facts are there! both grades finished last! and the club has fold!

masmariner

mrqwerty4 said:
The Smart one said:

the facts are there! both grades finished last! and the club has fold!

So your point is. ?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred