• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Penang F.C.

Rowdy

I was under the impression that they were more interested in being a State League club, working their way up through the divisions and becoming an alternative to CC Lightning, rather than competing against the likes of Budgie and Wyoming etc?

offtheball

Not according to the telegraph,  they applied to CCF to run teams from 8's to 18's in A comps. They were knocked back because of their proximity to Kariong and because they would offer competition to Lightning. The article concludes by quoting the fee to play at Lightning as $1000.

WELL INFORMED

typical of Gallagher, only interested in players who have some ability, damn the rest!!!!

I have heard Northern Alliance will meet the criteria set down by CCF in 2010.

offtheball

Bearinator said:
oooohhhhhhhhhh, iv a hunch this guy has all the correct info ^^^^^^^^^

So it seems. Obviously Well Informed doesn't rely on the CCF website for his insights, like the rest of us.

By the way anyone know who won any of the comps this year? CCF doesn't seem to think anyone would be interested.

The Smart one

Well informed, obviously not that well, who said anything about wanting A grade players, we would like A grade teams, we will then give them the ability and then the quality something you seem to neglect. When you have some idea about coaching and development let me know or if you like give me a call to discuss. Stop hiding behind your non informed name.

From the dug out

The Smart one said:
Well informed, obviously not that well, who said anything about wanting A grade players, we would like A grade teams, we will then give them the ability and then the quality something you seem to neglect. When you have some idea about coaching and development let me know or if you like give me a call to discuss. Stop hiding behind your non informed name.

:fireup: "OUCH"  :fireup:

offtheball said:
Bearinator said:

So it seems. Obviously Well Informed doesn't rely on the CCF website for his insights, like the rest of us.

By the way anyone know who won any of the comps this year? CCF doesn't seem to think anyone would be interested.

If any good to you on budgewoifc.com.au website they have a season in review. Unfortunatley this will only relate competiions where Budgewoi were in....sorry!

If you send me a personal message I can forward you the file if you like that has all teams?

Paolo

WELL INFORMED said:
typical of Gallagher, only interested in players who have some ability, damn the rest!!!!
If they are trying to become an alternative to CCL, why does them wanting the players with ability suprise/anger you???

offtheball

From the dug out said:
The Smart one said:

:fireup: "OUCH"  :fireup:

offtheball said:
Bearinator said:

If any good to you on budgewoifc.com.au website they have a season in review. Unfortunatley this will only relate competiions where Budgewoi were in....sorry!

If you send me a personal message I can forward you the file if you like that has all teams?

From the dug out, I was just on my usual soap box about the lack of information that is put out there by CCF.

Their web site should be alive and active, it should be updated every day. I was just making a point that they don't even carry the grand final results.

Bear

keensy said:
WELL INFORMED said:
If they are trying to become an alternative to CCL, why does them wanting the players with ability suprise/anger you???

I reckon. How dare a coach of a team want to sign only quality players who will win games :naughty:

The Smart one

I beleive Fishmum had a boy who registered with Penang FC and then deregistered because he could not hack it. I think he went back to Southern Ettalong and we all know how they went. No favourites at Penang as masmariner pointed out, Penang just needed players to handle it and get through the first season, coaching had nothing to do with it or player favourites. Penang had players playing first and reserves and only aged 15 at 16 at times and they loved it and are better for the experience. So fishmum if your boy wants to come back he is welcome rather than being at a dead end club.

hasbeen

So it'll take relegation for SEU to rebuild & strengthen ... can't say we've ever had that problem at Umina ... never relegated .. and won 2 of the last 3 premierships. As for Budgie filled with youthful 18-24 year olds, Peter Preston will be smirking there.

The Smart one

Fishmum, it seems like everywhere you go its bad coaching, are you sure its not something else, ie the player you represent and yes Penang was told under 20s reserve grade, so what, if you want to develop then give it a go, happens all through europe and south america do you see those players complaining, oh and by the way good luck with SE in division 2

dwight

Dont worry hasbeen Fishmum is some sort of imbecile.
1. Penang FC plays in conference league north in 2008 and is a rep club
2. Her son left Penang because he couldn't cope and didn't want to play in a "losing side" ask his friends.
3. Budgewoi Peter Preston would be laughing closer to 40 than 20. Steve Eagleton (retired a leaguer) etc etc.
4. Her idea is that teams try to get relegated so they can lose in lower grade competition (no wonder she doesnt like Tony G or Penang). I can't belive that is a good thing.
5. Tony was told by football NSW that it was to be an under 20's comp. and in 2009
they have to have at least 6 players u20 I believe.
6. Anybody who wants a player to develop knows that 15 - 16 year olds have to play ressies/firsts at this age to develop.

dru

Do you think they might just be trying to build a development path way up to the senior sides with an aim to eventually run these in rep comps down in Sydney?

Maybe look back at Rowdy's post on the first page about them hoping to run Boys and Girls team this coming season as to what they are trying to achieve. why not look at the next best option to aim for the eventual goal

Paolo

Rofl to the comment that there were favourites and ressies players wernt getting a run for this reason.

Penang had players playing two games the majority of the weeks because of a lack of numbers....tony didnt have the luxury of a full squad

masmariner

keensy said:
Rofl to the comment that there were favourites and ressies players wernt getting a run for this reason.

Penang had players playing two games the majority of the weeks because of a lack of numbers....tony didnt have the luxury of a full squad

I think he might in 2009 we might make him a nanger

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred