• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Penalty takers?

should Mile Jedinak take the penalties from now on?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mariner Girl

striker #9 said:
Mariner Girl said:
striker #9 said:
Mariner Girl said:
That penalty yesterday missed by a Bee's D*ck. :yellowcard:

WOW Mariner Girl....  that was some Bee...... well hung ?   :tophat:

Yep, it was Mr Doo Bee from Romper Room  :tv: :innocent:

hey Ms Mariner Girl..please explain..a Doo What?  is this the same as Romper Stomper? or some form of aussie lingo that us foreign people don't understand?

Sorry for the confusion, Mr Doo Bee is a Bee and was a game they played on a Children's program on TV back in the
(hmm) 70's when I was growing up. Miss Helena was the teacher and had about 6 pre-school kids for a half hour show every morning and Mr Doo Bee was a feature on the show. I'm cringing now because I'm showing my age  :innocent:

S

soccersensei

striker #9 said:
Summary:

33 votes (statistically significant to say the least),  however, more than 80% of the opinion is that Jedinak is not a good penalty taker.  5 others share my view that Jedinak is a good option.  My question to the other 27 people who bothered to vote is, what or how much do you know about football?

this is not a piss take, it is a genuine thought provoking question.

No it's not. It's a poorly phrased and unworthy pile, of spiteful, small minded, shit.

I've only ever said this to Trolls on this site before, (which makes me wonder)
but clearly striker, you are an absolute ass brained clown.

80% of the opinion is not that Mile is no good at penalties. Pull your head out.
80% of the opinion is that Aloisi - the most famous penalty taker in Australian history - and our highest goal scorer for the year despite only being with us for half a season - should not be  replaced by anyone else. OBVIOUSLY.
What, you would seriously like Lawrie to walk in on training on thursday and say, "Hey John, sorry lad, but been havin a wee bit of a think, and look, here's the thing, I think Mile should take the penalties for the rest of the finals" ARE YOU COMPLETELY STUPID? Do you think anything through or just write down the first thing that swells out of your ego and slumps onto the keyboard?

You insult star players, then follow on, true to form, by insulting those (the vast MAJORITY) who logically disagree with you. If you can't show some brains, at least try and show some heart.
In all honesty I think your just a devious trolling scum who has been skimming the surface of the pond as scum is wont to do, and that you now utterly deserve to be outed.
Can anyone verify this clown?
You say you are age 83 and live in Sydney?? THAT ALONE REEKS OF TROLL - But hey your 83, and also you like to spend a lot of time online chatting on forums, and your earlier profile pic (that you also go online and change frequently, just as 83 year olds do) was that of an 18 yr old girl that looks just like one a fourteen yr old has on their wall - and now you've moved on to the pic of a guy with a shirt that shows one fan pissing on another? YOU DON'T ADD UP!!! UNLESS YOU USE TROLL MATHS!!!
Why don't you actually show some balls and admit it!!!
MODERATORS, surely...?
It's definitely not his first attempts at subterfuge.
Can we have a troll banner that attaches to peoples accounts with a pic that always comes up as a half brained troll or some such?
AND IF, IFFFFFFF..... YOU ARE LEGIT STRIKER...you need to do some very serious self reflection... Your question was so poorly phrased in such an unworthy poll, that all you do is show your own inadequacy. Go support Sackem FC!!! Then you and Kosmina can compare the size of the "massive bee dicks" hanging from your foreheads!

That or go prick someone with your bee dick, so you'll curl up and die!

:redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard:

Deej

striker #9 said:
Summary:

33 votes (statistically significant to say the least),  however, more than 80% of the opinion is that Jedinak is not a good penalty taker.  5 others share my view that Jedinak is a good option.   My question to the other 27 people who bothered to vote is, what or how much do you know about football?

this is not a piss take, it is a genuine thought provoking question.

1. Have you ever seen Mile take a penalty?
2. Your question was should Mile take penalties from now on? People answered.

soccersensei - Striker is not a troll (although with some of his comments you would never believe it), he just just help but make stupid comments.

This poll is a waste of time, whilst JA is in a Mariners shirt he'll be our penalty taker!

kevrenor

soccersensei said:
MODERATORS, surely...?
Striker#9 has been around from almost day one, even playing for Dinamo Marinators against Lokomotiv Cove in Season 1.
He just likes shit-stirring, gets bored with his avatars, likes nice looking girls!

I like the way you fire up, but it be better directed at the Scum or Breeze!?

ryan

I can understand why Sensei fired up. I also find it a bit insulting to have my football knowledge questioned because i voted no. The most obvious reason for voting no is that i have never seen Mile take a penalty. He has not had cause to take one for the Mariners so how am i to know if he is any good at it. Mile has been outstanding this season, I am a huge fan of his and I am ecstatic that he has renewed his contract however we don't even know if he would put his hand up to take a penalty. Some players thrive under this pressure while others readily admit that it is not their forte. We may find out in the finals just where Mile sits in regard to this.

Another reason for voting no to this yes or no question is that we already have other players who have proved themselves in this department. Like many others on this forum I was there on that famous night when both Aloisi and Vidmar converted their penalties under the most extreme pressure you could imagine.  Last season the penalty taking responsibility fell on the shoulders of Adam Kwasnik who was more than capable of handling the situation. The poor lad was bagged mercilessly by some on this forum because, amongst other things, he scored mostly from the spot. His experience last season means Mile drops another spot in my reckoning when it comes to penalties.
In the game against Sydney it was Greg Owens who converted from the spot. So there you have 4 players who have proved their worth. Mile may get the chance someday but until then I would not drop Aloisi for missing one. It doesn't make sense.

S

striker

kevrenor said:
soccersensei said:
MODERATORS, surely...?
Striker#9 has been around from almost day one, even playing for Dinamo Marinators against Lokomotiv Cove in Season 1.
He just likes shit-stirring, gets bored with his avatars, likes nice looking girls!

Chris..geez what's going on man?  who doesn't like nice looking women?  oh! by the way.... I was with the Mariners even before day 1.

Next time I'll try to word my questions in a different way Mr Soccersensei..... <lost in translation>  ok?

S

soccersensei

Thanks for the quick response DJ.

[/quote]
Next time I'll try to word my questions in a different way Mr Soccersensei..... <lost in translation>  ok?
[/quote]

Sure, no problem, though it was also in large part the way you then suggested everyone else was a fool who actually disagreed with you. I couldn't see the point unless it was to cause trouble... and so thought you must surely be a Troll.

kevrenor said:
soccersensei said:
MODERATORS, surely...?

Yeah sure Kev, can appreciate that, though to be honest due to the 83yrs and living in Syd on the profile info, I did actually think that I was likely directing it at scum at the time. But I was wrong.

Best Wishes all
SS

S

striker

soccersensei said:
Yeah sure Kev, can appreciate that, though to be honest due to the 83yrs and living in Syd on the profile info, I did actually think that I was likely directing it at scum at the time. But I was wrong.

Best Wishes all
SS

Hey SS.... I'm not 83 y old....... thanks for pointing that out.  that was a typo and I corrected that.  Yep I live on the northern side of Sydney.. one of the nicest parts of the world .... what's wrong with that? .... just to let you know why I follow the Mariners..... I was a founding member of the Northern Spirit F.C. and it's mainly because half of the NSFC squad and the 3 coaches became CCM that i decided to follow.... How's that for club loyalty?..... besides who wants to follow Sydney-Hakoa FC and its Jewish Mafia mangement? :tophat:

S

soccersensei

ha, lol, i've no problem with where you live, as stated, it just added to my misjudging the validity of your post and its purpose. As to the rest, yep hard to argue with that for club loyalty!

BAD BULLZ

Back to the who would take the 5 penaltys assuming there all on the field at the time:

Vidmar/danny- I personally not vidmars number 1 fan but for the same reason as aloisi taking the 5th i think viddy should be part of it and i know dannys not realistic but if he could he would have to be 1st so he could compose himself by the 5th where he saves griffos kick
Kwazzie
Hutch
wilko
ALOISI

NO Aloisi is not my 5th choice penalty taker it would just be a HUGE moment if he nailed the final winning penalty
i would really like to see porter have a chance to take penaltys he's a deadball master

S

striker

If we go to penalty shoot out :

1...Tommy P
2... Andy G
3.  Mile J ( give the kid a go!)
4.  John H
5.  John A

Ursus

I thought when it came to penalties in the Mariners you had the job until you missed, then it was handed on.
Originally, and briefly, Nick Mrdja, then Stewart Petrie, when he missed it fell to Kwassy until he had a miss next it was Grego.
I suppose having a star penalty taker in the team changes all that?
We shall see.

Ursus

And on the subject of Striker, back at Spirit we soon worked out that "He is not the Messiah, he is just a naughty little boy"  :piralaugh:

S

striker

Ursus said:
I thought when it came to penalties in the Mariners you had the job until you missed, then it was handed on.
Originally, and briefly, Nick Mrdja, then Stewart Petrie, when he missed it fell to Kwassy until he had a miss next it was Grego.
I suppose having a star penalty taker in the team changes all that?
We shall see.
tradition must go on! ----- you miss a penalty and you're gone.....but I would place him last (5th) on the list because the sixt is worse.  sorry.

Ursus

Enough of stirring here.  :innocent:
I think it might be time to rev up the lads on Sydney Unofficial.  :pirashoot:

S

striker

Ursus said:
And on the subject of Striker, back at Spirit we soon worked out that "He is not the Messiah, he is just a naughty little boy"  :piralaugh:

and who was the relentless stirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrer?  - Unsus

Omni

Ahh Nik Mrdja as penalty taker, who was that against when the ball barely made it to the keeper? i think they'd keep Kwassy as taker if Aloisi wasn't here, the times he hasn't is when he's injured or off the pitch.

Marinerchick

i think john aloisi should still take the penalties
he is a brilliant player and this was like 1 of the 100 that he has missed???

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred