• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Penalty takers?

should Mile Jedinak take the penalties from now on?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mariners4ever

hey, while most guys on here are bagging aloisi, the coach has full faith in johnny:

McKinna: Aloisi to bounce back   

Central Coast coach Lawrie McKinna expects star striker John Aloisi to rebound in a big way in the return leg of the A-League major semi-final after a luckless night against Newcastle.

Aloisi could easily have scored a hat-trick in the Mariners' 2-0 loss at EnergyAustralia Stadium on Sunday.

Instead, the man whose penalty against Uruguay in November 2005 sent Australia to the World Cup and ended 32 years of heartbreak, walked away with just a yellow card, having missed from the spot, had a cracking free kick smash into the woodwork and been incorrectly denied a goal for offside.

Importantly for the Mariners' A-League finals campaign, the 31-year-old, who was booked for remonstrating over the offside call near the stroke of halftime, pulled up well after training just once in the lead up to the game because of a knee concern.

McKinna will now cross his fingers and toes hoping Aloisi comes through unscathed from the 10-day Socceroos camp and likely also the World Cup qualifier against Qatar on February 6.

The coach is confident a fit Aloisi can do some damage in the return leg in Gosford on February 10 as the Mariners chase a three-goal win to claim the tie and direct entry into the grand final.

"John's a pro, some games you just miss chances," said McKinna.

"He's said he's sorry for the boys about the penalty and then he's scalped the post with a perfect strike and then had a goal disallowed that we've been told was onside."

"So he cannot do any more than that. All strikers miss chances, and John will just come back."

"He's pulled up alright. He felt this was the best he felt in recent weeks and he'll go into the Socceroo camp and get physio and treatment and see if he scrubs up enough to play with them next Wednesday."

While losers on the night, the Mariners at least seemed to lay claim to a moral victory on the night after pre-game comments from Jets skipper Jade North that the minor premiers relied on the long ball and had "the worst passing game" in the league.

"The first five passes Newcastle had were all over the top to Joel Griffiths," noted McKinna.

"That comment just makes Jade look as though he's not watching the right games."

Mariners captain Alex Wilkinson added: "We definitely don't think we're the worst passing team in the league, and I think we probably showed that a bit (last night)."

"We can knock the ball around well, and for a team like us, we create so many chances week in, week out, you can't do that just by booting the ball long and playing the long-ball game, so I'm not too sure which game he's been watching. Obviously that's Jade's opinion, it fired the boys up a bit, I guess."

Aloisi gave his all last night no doubt about it! Many times he was not moving freely  his knee injury must be worse than they are making out which makes me think why toss him the ball for a spot kick? Yes he is GREAT but knows he is only half fit before this match, also gets me thinking how can they even consider picking him for the Qatar game if his knee does not rapidly improve!!!

skilbeck

yeah i also hope he gives qatar a miss and has a rest for a couple of weeks if it is his knee thats the issue

midfielder

skilbeck said:
Alright, assuming that next week goes to a penalty shoot out, I would use any combination of these 8 players (assuming only 5 are on the field at the time).

Aloisi
Sasho
Owens
Jedinak
Kwasnik
Hutchinson
Gumprecht
Simon

In that order of importance. I would normally have Simon in top 2 or 3 but a shoot out at A League level might overwhelm him at this stage of his career

Why did you leave out Vidy, IMO Aloisi then Vidy.

Deej

Aloisi is the penalty taker, everyone misses 1 every now and again, shame aloisi's was in such an important game for the Mariners.

Kwasnik scored 4 and missed 1 last year, so deserves to be number 2 if on the field.

Grego third, he of course scored 1 against Sydney.

Sasho missed 1 against Wellington this year too..............after the top 3 I imagine it would be a case of whose confident and wants to take it? Tommy would step I'm sure........

bjw

bjw
Jimmydinho said:
Hasn't aloisi missed two for us?
Or did he get 1 as a rebound?

from memory Aloisi has taken 2 penalties for us??
1 against Adelaide (which he scored)
and 1 'gainst Newcast (which he missed..)

uncleyellow

Harsh thread. Best in the world, Aloisi incl, have missed from the spot.
I can easily forgive the miss, Im sure the squad has, some of us should too.

S

striker

Summary:

33 votes (statistically significant to say the least),  however, more than 80% of the opinion is that Jedinak is not a good penalty taker.  5 others share my view that Jedinak is a good option.  My question to the other 27 people who bothered to vote is, what or how much do you know about football?

this is not a piss take, it is a genuine thought provoking question.

S

striker

Mariner Girl said:
striker #9 said:
Mariner Girl said:
That penalty yesterday missed by a Bee's D*ck. :yellowcard:

WOW Mariner Girl....  that was some Bee...... well hung ?  :tophat:

Yep, it was Mr Doo Bee from Romper Room  :tv: :innocent:

hey Ms Mariner Girl..please explain..a Doo What?  is this the same as Romper Stomper? or some form of aussie lingo that us foreign people don't understand?

Tassiemariner

I don't think many people here have said mile is a bad penalty taker striker.
They would just rather have Aloisi or someone else as no.1 adn mile down the pecking order.

~Floss~

striker #9 said:
Summary:

33 votes (statistically significant to say the least),  however, more than 80% of the opinion is that Jedinak is not a good penalty taker.  5 others share my view that Jedinak is a good option.   My question to the other 27 people who bothered to vote is, what or how much do you know about football?

this is not a piss take, it is a genuine thought provoking question.
I read the question as "should Jedi be the penalty taker" - as in first/only option. ...To which I answered no.

If the question was should he be one of the penalty takers - as in, could he do a good job, would you give him a go - I would say yes, and same goes for about 8 or 10 others on the team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred