• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Our Beloved Monty

FFC Mariner

Hibs fans giving it to Monty after their 0-3 loss to Rangers at home overnight. The fans seem to think they should be on the same level as Rangers and Celtic.
Job will open up at City in a few weeks.
For the money they are spending, Vidmar has got them playing the same dire shit that Arnold does.
Eye cancer football which is why the Socceroos aren't exciting anyone

turbo

For the money they are spending, Vidmar has got them playing the same dire shit that Arnold does.
Unless they have a better prospect lined up Vidmar may be keeping the seat warm for Kisnorbo. I'm not sure they'll be in a hurry to boot him but I expect he'll vacate "on his terms" at the end of the season unless the results dramatically improve.

JoyfulPenguin

Unless they have a better prospect lined up Vidmar may be keeping the seat warm for Kisnorbo. I'm not sure they'll be in a hurry to boot him but I expect he'll vacate "on his terms" at the end of the season unless the results dramatically improve.
CFG love to shuffle their in house coaches around, will definitely be Kisnorbo.

turbo

CFG love to shuffle their in house coaches around, will definitely be Kisnorbo.
I wouldnt be surprised if he does a stint on the bench with someone first or is hanging around other City clubs and relaunches himself back in Melbourne. The French move was a great opportunity but I can't help wonder if his style was never going to gel with their culture and the language barrier. Put him in Scotland, league 1 or the championship and he'd have more chance of succeeding IMO

Stuartmcateer

It's funny how Jacko gets a bit of leeway because we lost so many players from last season and he came in late.

It is noteworthy that Vidmar has also come late into a squad (with only a caretaker contract to the end of the season) which Rado completely destroyed the confidence of and that lost Bos, O'Neill, Berisha, Glover, lam, van DER venne, Berenger, and tilio from a side that won the comp by 11 points.

He has only lost 3 games in the league and is about 6 weeks behind Jacko as far as time to work with his team. I reckon they are better than most in the league and they created enough against us to be a danger if teams are not switched on.

pjennings

It's funny how Jacko gets a bit of leeway because we lost so many players from last season and he came in late.

It is noteworthy that Vidmar has also come late into a squad (with only a caretaker contract to the end of the season) which Rado completely destroyed the confidence of and that lost Bos, O'Neill, Berisha, Glover, lam, van DER venne, Berenger, and tilio from a side that won the comp by 11 points.

He has only lost 3 games in the league and is about 6 weeks behind Jacko as far as time to work with his team. I reckon they are better than most in the league and they created enough against us to be a danger if teams are not switched on.
At the moment they are only behind us, MVC and SFC on form over the past 6 matches.

Melange

Hibs fans giving it to Monty after their 0-3 loss to Rangers at home overnight. The fans seem to think they should be on the same level as Rangers and Celtic.
I think they're very thin on the ground for to injuries and the Aussie lads at the Asian Cup too. I'm sure he's had a couple of games recently where because of all the injuries he's had no choice but to play U19 players

Stuartmcateer

Vidmar is an awful coach - boring curriculum rubbish
I think you are confusing him with his brother.

They created some good chances against us from playing forward and getting balls in the box. A couple of little one-twos on the edge of the box lead to chances as well.

Curriculum football is all backwards and sideways passing.

If they tighten their defence up (reis is back and behich will come back from the Asian cup) and get nabbout and Leckie back to fitness they will cause teams some issues.

turbo

The higher budget and standard of players they can afford to bring in comes with higher expectations. We have to gamble on players like Torres and Doka while they can afford a more known quantity like Arslan, Behich, etc.. plus they've still got plenty of very good players by the league's standards.

Stuartmcateer

The higher budget and standard of players they can afford to bring in comes with higher expectations.
While that's generally true, a big budget isn't always a guarantee (Chelsea I'm looking at you).

I don't think they are spending the money they have done previously. Most of the incoming players have been free transfers or loans.

We have to gamble on players like Torres and Doka while they can afford a more known quantity like Arslan, Behich, etc.. plus they've still got plenty of very good players by the league's standards.
Behich and arshat, while decent players for a-league level, are pushing mid 30's and are hardly excitement machines. Aziz only got a mention at all because he is still in the Socceroos squad.

The rest of the players coming in are journeymen - Antonis, ugarkovic, natel, jakolis, souprayen. Nothing there jumps out as anyone to write home about and are probably all risks in their own right.

If you look through their squad this year they have not gone anywhere near replacing what went out the door and are relying more on young players like Caputo, lopane, Talbot, and mazzeo.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred