• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Open Mike night

tyson

I for one hope Mike has a big announcement to make. The most loyal of the loyal fans of this club are hanging onto a thread l feel. How many more poor results can we can take? While l hope Mike answers some fair and direct questions, l also hope he doesn't shy away from the tougher questions. Us fans deserve full transparency.
You're not wrong. Opening game of the season, I left my team in the Corporate Games as we were about to play in the finals so that I could make it back for kick off because I was so enthusiastic about the season. This time around against the Jets, I have a concert that clashes and it didn't even worry me for a second that I was going to miss the game.

TedShot

To the teck heads out there could this be broadcast on the clubs facebook page or other streaming platform.

Wouldn’t be hard to do a Facebook live broadcast or the same through YouTube. They could also do it as a story on instagram to cover all bases.

Literally anyone in attendance (with permission blah blah) could do those things, provided the first question to mike is finding out the wifi password.

Wombat

I am hearing that it will be well worth attending tomorrow night’s event, so let’s get the word out to have as many people there as possible.

Im in. 7pm till when?

The Mrs went cross eyed when i told her i would probably go:)

midfielder

So if we can stream I assume the link or links will be posted in this thread.

I am going but have been asked by a member overseas can he stream it.... so I assume the link will be on here...

Gratis

I can't make it. Which means I'm busy and can't watch the live stream either.
Will any of those options be available to watch after the event?
Or would someone who does go mind posting a summary on here?

bikinigirl

. before asking questions my first suggestion to Mike is that the answer to all the questions already asked is not to blame our situation on the recruitment (and apparent failure) of Asdrubal - that sort of response will go down as well as a 'we are going to try Canberra again' announcement

bikinigirl

Firstly Shaun, I'm dearly hoping you can make sure that the event will be recorded and uploaded. The notice is short so I don't think I can make it, but I'm very invested in this discussion and I'm sure there are a great many other deeply interested stakeholders who will not be able to attend in person. Even on this site we quite a few passionate fans who are not local, and a few interstate and OS.
  • Does Mike believe there is another way to course correct our on field performances without greater squad investment?
  • If so what, and why? Given we have been very poor year after year since the appointment of Moss back in 2013.
  • If he does not want to spend any more funds on a poor investment, why does he expect members will happily continue to pay for such a poor product? I'm assuming he does not dispute the product has been poor.
  • In response to our inability to course correct via greater investment you previously said Shaun that Mike had instructed the club to focus on severely ramping up our youth policy. Can we please hear an outline of this strategy accompanied by an honest assessment of this strategy's likely impact – given that our already youth heavy squads have not been successful these past 4.5 odd years and most every indicator would suggest this is not a serious or viable strategy for a team who wishes to be in HAL finals contention.
  • What is Mikes personal philosophy regarding football club ownership and his reasoning for owning the Central Coats Mariners? Given that many assert his motives are purely economic, does Mike dispute this and see himself as having a much more philanthropic attitude towards the Mariners and the Central Coast region at large?
  • Does Mike honestly think the membership will survive another year of austerity measures given there is an enormous amount of despondency and anger out there among the long standing members because the product we pay for year after year has become so poor? Does he share the sense that so many others have that we are truly at the breaking point now?
  • Given poor performances and results across a season will heavily exacerbate any financial losses, does Mike think he has gotten the balance between greater financial risk on squad investment vs trying to run the club on the tightest possible budget correct?
  • Where does he think he has gone wrong and made the biggest mistakes and what has he learnt?
  • Unlike many I have heard or read, I have never assumed any ill will or poor behaviour on Mike's part, nor am I entirely pessimistic yet about him still being able to steer the club successfully forward. However the hard fact is that under his ownership the club has now become the least successful Australian A league club of the past 5 years. I want to know how much this bothers him? And what exactly outside of my above questions, is he is going to do about it?

Thanks Shaun.

. my first question is ... once Mike has answered all of FP's questions will he then be given access to the Club's Executive, strategy documents and revenue/expense reports to answer his own questions and report back to us?

bikinigirl

. my other question is a simple one:

What is this year's sales pitch?

Last year's was a good one: we have allowed Okon to recruit his own squad and we will be spending the cap to make us competitive and earn our stripes. I don't think you can under-estimate how many memberships that saved you. The failure to deliver on that makes it so much tougher for this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred