• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Official Mariners Preseason Cup thread

Bex

auskiwi said:
Now now Bex, if you read from the start I was just trying to put a couple of renecks sr8.
As for getting smashed, lol, you don't get it do you? Please read the convo 1st and get the points made. Sorry if your offended (and a bit sensitive over a meaningless loss) Yeah I'll stand up against ignorant racist shit mate. But if we where in a pub, i hope you would understand and Id shout you a beer or three, so cheers and bring on the season.
p.s. we had a crap 1st year and we are really hanging for some results to wake up those rugby boofheads back home and hopefully show them " the beautiful game ".
p.p.s. aust will be in the world cup, nz havn't got a shit show. You play japan we play fiji, lol.

1) I did read from the start
2) I did read the convo
3) I'm not offended, just giving free advice to someone who is being a goose
4) I certainly wouldn't knock back a free beer
5) You bloody Kiwis have always got to bring up the Rugby. Its all I get every time I visit the relatives.

S

soccersensei

auskiwi said:
Morons or not I will be cheering for you this weekend

Thanks mate, right back at you.  ;D
it has to be said that if I'm going to lose to a team, the Nix is probably the least painful. Then again... that could be just because Its an experience I haven't experienced very much :p

(And no " well better get used to it comeback) ;D
You've recruited very well, but with our full squad, you'll still struggle I think to get over us at home.

JamesH

Mariners aim to steady the ship in Sydney clash

By James Heffield, Betfair soccer bet journalist

Former Socceroos goalkeeper Mark Bosnich has been named in the Central Coast Mariners squad for the teams match against Sydney FC in Gosford on Sunday and fans will be hoping he can help keep their pre-season cup hopes alive.

The 36-year-old has been out of the game for six years after testing positive for drugs while playing for Chelsea in the English premier league, but that wont stop fans expecting a stellar performance if he makes his Mariners debut on Sunday.

Bosnich, who has played for Aston Villa and Manchester United, as well as Chelsea, has been saying all the right things since being given another chance by the Mariners, but whether he can show even a glimmer of his past form is yet to be seen.

The Mariners lost their first pre-season cup match 1-0 to a tidy Wellington Phoenix side in Wellington last week and will be hoping to reinvigorate their pre-season cup campaign with a win over Sydney. Sydney has made some big signings this season, including former Newcastle player Mark Bridge and former Mariners marquee John Aloi$i. The Bling will be hoping for another win to follow-up their 2-1 victory over the Queensland Roar last week.

New Mariners midfielder Ahmad Elrich has been named in the Mariners squad after missing last weeks fixture with injury. If he gets a start, the match will be his first official appearance for the Mariners.

Mariners coach Lawrie McKinna will be hoping veteran striker Sasho Petrovski can step up for the encounter. Petrovski has scored six times in the past three A-League pre-season cups, making him the highest scoring player in the competitions short history. The Mariners striker said he was looking forward to again playing in front of the Central Coasts home fans and was hoping for a win. I was speaking to Ahmad when we were rooming together in New Zealand and we spoke about the support that we get at Bluetongue Stadium. The support that we had last year was fantastic, Petrovski said.

Meanwhile, Sydney FC coach John Kosmina will be without Aloi$i, who has an injured foot, as well as the injured trio of Tony Popovic, Brendon Santalab and Mike Enfield. Mark Bridge and Stuart Musialik will also be unavailable due to Olyroos commitments.

A Sydney win would go a long way towards securing them a spot in the pre-season cup final. Sydney plays Wellington in Sydney next week, while Central Coast meets the Queensland Roar.

Central Coast Mariners Squad:
2. Andre Gumprecht, 5. Bradley Porter, 7. John Hutchinson, 10. Adrian Caceres, 11. Dylan MacAllister, 15. Andrew Clark, 17. Matthew Osman, 18. Alex Wilkinson, 20. Danny Vukovic (gk), 21. Ahmed Elrich, 22. Sasho Petrovski, 24. David D'Apuzzo, 25. Nik Mrdja, 30. Andrew Redmayne (gk), Mark Bosnich (gk)

Sydney FC Squad:
1. Clint Bolton (gk), 2. Iain Fyfe, 3. Nick Tsattalios, 4. Simon Colosimo, 5. Mitchell Prentice, 7. Robbie Middleby, 10. Steve Corica, 14. Alex Brosque, 15. Terry McFlynn, 16. Chris Payne, 17. Jacob Timpano, 18. Adam Casey, 20. Ivan Necevski (gk), 21. Adam Biddle, 24. Ryan Walsh.

JamesH

Edited Sasha to Sasho. I can't even claim A and O are near each other on the keyboard for that one...

Adding to the article, here are a few tidbits and quotes from McKinna lifted from a media release issued by the official Mariners' site after I posted the story this arvo:

Lawrie McKinna said:
"Its always great to play Sydney, especially at home at Bluetongue Stadium, there will be a good Pre-Season Cup crowd there," said Mariners Football Manager Lawrie McKinna.

"Hopefully by match day well have a few more bodies to select from, against the Phoenix we had a few boys that did well to last the game or get through most of it and we got out of it reasonably unscathed.

"But, against Sydney, everybody is up, whether its Pre-Season Cup, a friendly game or whatever, its a big game for the club."

Sundays Pre-Season Cup fixture between the Mariners and Sydney FC marks the fourteenth meeting between the Hyundai A-Leagues nearest geographical rivals.

Sydney FC are currently able to boast the superior record in matches against their east coast counterparts, having won seven of the 13 matches played in all competitions to date. The Mariners have claimed four wins of their own, with the other two matches ending in draws.

Traditionally, match ups between the Mariners and Sydney FC have been among the most consistently entertaining and exciting in the Hyundai A-League, not least the nine-goal epic at Bluetongue Stadium last December a match commonly regarded as the best in the short history of the Hyundai A-League.

"Hopefully theres not nine goals in this game, I dont think I could handle that twice within a year," said McKinna.

"The atmosphere that both sets of supporters groups create is fantastic and the players take that on to the park.

"Weve put on some great games in the past, some really exciting ones, theyre always great games and for people that want to come out and watch a great game of football, Sunday will be a great occasion."

coast

let's hope this bullshit weather clears up ey, otherwise i'll have to sit up in the stands hahaha

marinersman

"Weve put on some great games in the past, some really exciting ones, theyre always great games and for people that want to come out and watch a great game of football, Sunday will be a great occasion.
[/quote]

Is this a new world record for the amount of times great has been used in a sentence?

Mermaid

It'll be a great game no matter what happens becoz we've all been waiting for it for soooo long. MARINERS!!!!!!!!!!! :pirashoot:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred