• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Official Mariners Preseason Cup thread

brett

I like Herbert's football and they seem to have a decent club set up over there.

My opinion of their fans is reasonable too but not being helped by someone attempting to gloat about being in the lead in the first PSC match of a new season.

You'll likely have plenty to cheer about this year, but trying to shove a 1-0 deficit in our faces is pathetic and quite comical.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Greenpole - fair enough.  Still, I think winning the first one was a good way of building support and saying 'hey, see us?  The nobody's of the comp?  Uh huh, we're here, watch out' - that was probably more important than any preseason comp.  But yeah, I agree with you and others - preseason is a good time to try things out - new formations, give your backup players a go, so on and so forth - if you lose, you lose. 

Sounds like it'd be pretty darn nailbiting there - sounds like it's pretty end-to-end, with some fast counterattacks by us.

Come on ref, surely one of their players just handballed in the box or something :p

Ahhh dammit................. :(

Bex

Yep, more important to not incur injuries at this stage.

There was a rumour about Heff during the game. Did anyone hear anything definite during the broadcast about that?

brett

Durante and McKain will be a quality combination for them, I expect a fair few clean sheets this season at the Caketin.

Bex

auskiwi said:
Thanks for the good game guys   :vhappy:
Yeh, congrats auskiwi, your team seemed to play a good game.

I must say, you and your mate Pheonix are making serious gooses of yourselves in here. I hope you both sort your issues.

swarey

It got too confusing at the end, I had two feeds going at once, with both of the f**kers cutting in and out.  Still, better than nothing at all...

Congrats to the Nix.

Hope Heff's OK.....

Only pre-season.....

Bring on next Sunday!!!!!!!!!!

skilbeck

yeah its going to be hard going across the tasman this year. anyhow I expect them to at least get to the final of the preseason in the short term. As for Durante and McKain, in any fantasy A league side I have this year Ill at least have one of them

Arabmariner

Greenpoleffc said:
Perth looked pretty good in the PSC last year if I recall.

How did their season go?
Perth v Adelaide Pre- season Grand Final last year...............who made the finals in the real stuff??

auskiwi

Bex said:
auskiwi said:
Thanks for the good game guys   :vhappy:

I must say, you and your mate Pheonix are making serious gooses of yourselves in here. I hope you both sort your issues.

lol, yeah he was a bit excitable but what ARE you talking about

swarey

THANKS for everyone's company this afternoon.  Have a great night & we'll see you next Sunday AT the game.

CHEERS :eek:verhead:

jaypee

Swarey said:
THANKS for everyone's company this afternoon.  Have a great night & we'll see you next Sunday AT the game.

I wish I could go but I have to play - 3pm kick off - sucks but the rest of the family will go

dru

brett said:
My opinion of their fans is reasonable too but not being helped by someone attempting to gloat about being in the lead in the first PSC match of a new season.

You'll likely have plenty to cheer about this year, but trying to shove a 1-0 deficit in our faces is pathetic and quite comical.

I think that the couple of lads that have made an appearance on our forums shouldn't colour your judgment of their fans brett. They are quite like Perth in that they are amazed that people actually make the trek over there and are quite good to opposition fans and want to talk football while still giving it to you.

Well done to the nix on the victory.

Hate to say it but it was never an easy place to go to last season and with an improved squad it's going to be worse this year.

Bex

auskiwi said:
Bex said:
auskiwi said:
Thanks for the good game guys  :vhappy:

lol, yeah he was a bit excitable but what ARE you talking about

Exactly that shit mate. You know what I'm talking about. If you carried on like that at your local you would get smashed. I'm betting ur probably not like that in person so why the hell come on here and act like a goose? As far as I'm concerned, I would like to see Pheonix go well. FFS, my wife is a Kiwi and I've got relatives in Auckland, Napier, Wellington and Christchurch. Your both acting like 12 year olds and it reflects badly on the other fans who I know are good people.

swarey

jaypee said:
Swarey said:

I wish I could go but I have to play - 3pm kick off - sucks but the rest of the family will go

My son's in the same boat matey, his kick off is at 12.45, so it's gunna be a mad dash or he'll have to make his own way to the game (Bad Mother), but it's been TOOOOOOOO  LLLOOOOOOOOOOONNNGGGGGGGGG!!!!!

And I really can't wait to see CAR CHAIR ARSE on the pitch!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred