• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

North Qld

Will they be successful

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BAD BULLZ

Auburn Mariner said:
fedelt said:
Auburn Mariner said:
AND IT'S NOT GayFL, you muppets!!! Come and play a game with me, ONCE, and tell me it is soft. Actually, are Kareem & keensy available  ;D.....

can you even run?

Ah yes, now I have lost 20kgs, I regularly play tennis with my son. I have played a game of Football at Tempe against the Cove lads (there were witnesses). I can't run fast, but I can move.

For the record, I played 100 games of Australian Rules AND umpired 200. To be fair, my Orange Tiger teammates nicknamed me George Foreman and other teams the less pleasant "Homosexual Sperm Whale".

I have never moved fast, but Fedelta, I look forward to playing a game of SOMETHING against you in the near future.

You also dominated a stint in goals Fk me that lil kid that nearly ran into you is probably still running the other definitly you should join mutineer.

T

Looks like they may play their home games early in the season:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/sport/football/a-league/fury-hot-but-not-bothered-over-concerns/2009/01/29/1232818638801.html

Jesus

Jesus
They will surely just play night games. Friday and saturday night. Will work fine and be cool enough. Not cool, but cool enough to compare with 5pm sunday melb/syd/perth games

bulldogmariner

Scott Chipperfield close to North Queensland deal
By Guy Hand
February 12, 2009 AUSTRALIA full-back Scott Chipperfield says he is close to a deal to join Robbie Fowler at A-League new boys North Queensland Fury next season.

The 33-year-old, who starred in Australia's 0-0 World Cup qualifier draw with Japan in Yokohama on Wednesday night, revealed he had been speaking to the Fury and talks were progressing well.

The club could ink a deal with Chipperfield within the month, as he looks to quit Europe and return to Australia ahead of next year's World Cup finals.

Chipperfield's return would be another boost to both North Queensland and the A-League - the left-sided player a first-choice Socceroo and name-checked by Pim Verbeek as his side's man of the match against Japan.

But Chipperfield admits he is concerned whether playing domestically may affect his hopes of making the Socceroos squad for the World Cup finals, with Australia taking a huge step towards qualification with their point in Yokohama.

"It's (a North Queensland deal's) pretty close. It's time to come back to the A-League. I've had eight years in Europe now,'' Chipperfield said.

"It's not an easy decision, especially with the World Cup coming.

"Maybe at the end of the season I'd go on loan somewhere to stay fit for the World Cup. But we'll worry about that when it happens and obviously we've got to qualify for the World Cup yet."

Chipperfield has been on the cusp of a move from his long-time Swiss club FC Basel all season - nearly joining German side Hertha Berlin during the recent transfer window.

But that deal fell down, prompting Chipperfield to seriously consider a move back to the A-League.

Much will depend on a flying visit to north Queensland by Chipperfield's wife next week, as the family decide where to put down long-term roots.

"My wife's coming to Australia next week and she'll go to Townsville. She wants to go to uni there, so we have to see if she can do that," Chipperfield said.

Jesus

Jesus
bulldogmariner said:
Scott Chipperfield close to North Queensland deal
By Guy Hand
February 12, 2009 AUSTRALIA full-back Scott Chipperfield says he is close to a deal to join Robbie Fowler at A-League new boys North Queensland Fury next season.

The 33-year-old, who starred in Australia's 0-0 World Cup qualifier draw with Japan in Yokohama on Wednesday night, revealed he had been speaking to the Fury and talks were progressing well.

The club could ink a deal with Chipperfield within the month, as he looks to quit Europe and return to Australia ahead of next year's World Cup finals.

Chipperfield's return would be another boost to both North Queensland and the A-League - the left-sided player a first-choice Socceroo and name-checked by Pim Verbeek as his side's man of the match against Japan.

But Chipperfield admits he is concerned whether playing domestically may affect his hopes of making the Socceroos squad for the World Cup finals, with Australia taking a huge step towards qualification with their point in Yokohama.

"It's (a North Queensland deal's) pretty close. It's time to come back to the A-League. I've had eight years in Europe now,'' Chipperfield said.

"It's not an easy decision, especially with the World Cup coming.

"Maybe at the end of the season I'd go on loan somewhere to stay fit for the World Cup. But we'll worry about that when it happens and obviously we've got to qualify for the World Cup yet."

Chipperfield has been on the cusp of a move from his long-time Swiss club FC Basel all season - nearly joining German side Hertha Berlin during the recent transfer window.

But that deal fell down, prompting Chipperfield to seriously consider a move back to the A-League.

Much will depend on a flying visit to north Queensland by Chipperfield's wife next week, as the family decide where to put down long-term roots.

"My wife's coming to Australia next week and she'll go to Townsville. She wants to go to uni there, so we have to see if she can do that," Chipperfield said.

I'd say she would be very likely to get accepted...

northernspirit

they could use the under 23 marquee as a loophole, move a player into that position and then free up the required cash for chippers and given the rest of the squad looks very much like SFC's 2nd XI i imagine there should be plenty left in the cap

Alicia

Fergie Welcomes Petrie Sidekick

Jake Toye
Feb 13 2009 14:31

FURY coach Ian Ferguson has a right-hand man after the club signed former Central Coast Mariners player Stewart Petrie on a three year deal.

The two played alongside each other in Scotland for Dunfermline and at Northern Spirit in the old NSL,  which convinced Ferguson he was the right man for the job.

"I was looking for a No. 2, an assistant and Stewart was the first name that popped into my head," Ferguson told the Townsville Bulletin.

"He's got a lot of good qualities, he's obviously got the credentials in the game (having an A, B, C badge and a diploma).

"He's going to be my right hand man, he's going to be my eyes and ears about the place, he's just got a hell of a lot to offer on the park.

"He's very similar to myself and my philosophies on how we like to play the game, he'll be a great acquisition for us."

Ferguson also spent two seasons coaching Petrie when he was Lawrie McKinna's assistant coach at the Mariners, watching on as Petrie scored 10 goals in 41 appearances.

"He did very well for us, I think in the second year he was the second highest goal scorer in the Hyundai A-League," he said.

"Our friendship kept going and I liked what Stewart did on the park and off the park and how he handled himself."

Petrie, who joins Fury from Ross County in Scotland, is thrilled to be back in Australia and is looking forward to the challenges ahead.

"Amazing, it's fabulous. You don't get very many opportunities like that in the game," he said. "I'm delighted to be back, I've been away for a year and a half now so it's good to come back.

"I loved it last time I was here so hopefully it will be just as good again. It's a new challenge, it's a brand new club, we've got our own squad in and the board have assembled a fabulous squad for our first year out."

Petrie said despite his good relationship with Ferguson it wouldn't get in the way of the two being professional.

"We're good friends, our families are good friends and we get along really well," he said. "You need to be wise enough in your coaching and you need the professionalism for that as well.

"The professionalism won't stand in the way of a friendship and vice versa."

clarence

So.... the story about returning home to Scotland to be closer to sick members of his family was true or not?  ;)

northernspirit

robbie fowler, felipe and if they snare scott chipperfield all of a sudden theyve gone from looking very average to looking like contenders...

the way the league is improving we will probably miss out on the finals next season even though its top 6 from 10 teams

dibo

while our AFC CL recruiting has finished, our 2009/10 recruiting hasn't. given there's the whole off-season transfer window to come, i wouldn't be holding my breath about who's going to be shit and who's not until pretty late in the day.

Jesus

Jesus
dibo said:
while our AFC CL recruiting has finished, our 2009/10 recruiting hasn't. given there's the whole off-season transfer window to come, i wouldn't be holding my breath about who's going to be shit and who's not until pretty late in the day.
NQ also need about 10 more players. And it is possible there will be rule changes late, eg youth marquees. As well as possibly more players for us or scum if we make it out of the group.

bulldogmariner

North Queensland Fury must court Scott Chipperfield's wife

February 17, 2009 STILL buzzing after wooing Robbie Fowler, North Queensland Fury believe they will know whether Scott Chipperfield will sign with the A-League newcomers as soon as next week.

Chipperfield's wife Stefanie is a key part of the equation, as she plans to attend university in the area, and the Fury will lay out the welcome mat for her next week.
The newcomers are also buoyed by the fact they can boast arguably the A-League's biggest coup in Fowler.

Now Stefanie Chipperfield is yet to confirm her arrival date in Townsville, but Fury chairman Don Matheson believes it will be "within the next week".

Australia full-back Chipperfield, 33, said he was close to a deal with the A-League new boys after starring in Australia's 0-0 World Cup qualifier draw with Japan in Yokohama last Wednesday night.

Matheson believed Stefanie's trip up north would be the clincher.

"I'd feel confident that we will know by the end of her visit, I think that's a fair assessment," Matheson said.

"She carries a fair bit of weight in that decision.

"And we've got the information she needs when she gets here."

Chipperfield has been on the cusp of a move from his long-time Swiss club FC Basel all season nearly joining German side Hertha Berlin during the recent transfer window.

But that deal fell apart, prompting Chipperfield to seriously consider a move back to the A-League.

Chipperfield has admitted to being concerned about how playing domestically will affect his hopes of making the Socceroos squad for the World Cup finals, with Australia taking a huge step towards qualification with their point in Yokohama.

But in a deal sweetener, Matheson said Chipperfield would be free to play in Europe during the A-League off-season if he signed with Fury "if that's what he felt would keep him in the Socceroos".

"Talks have been going on for a fair while, we have always been comfortable with our position with Scott," Matheson said.

"The decision for him is to come home or keep a career going overseas.

"Whatever he decides to do, we will understand.

"But obviously we would be excited if he decides to come here."

While Fury are still waiting on Chipperfield's signature, the recruitment drive continued strongly on Tuesday with the 2009-2010 debutants snapping up UK-based Australian striker Daniel McBreen.

The 31-year-old has enjoyed a stint with Scottish Premier League outfit Falkirk.

"He gives us yet another attacking option. He's over six foot, so that provides a big, physical target for us up front on the set plays," Fury coach Ian Ferguson said.

"Daniel brings the height that I was missing and he's an aggressive player who's been playing in some tough competitions and that's what I want in the team a player who will give centre halves a hard time."

Matheson said the entire roster would be finalised in "three to four weeks".

AAP

northernspirit

"She carries a fair bit of weight in that decision" is code for
42-18833560.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member