• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

North Qld

Will they be successful

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Blair

Just got back from Townsville and Cairns it was a great trip(but the weather was shiet haha). Anyway when i was up there i didnt see one Football ground. League and gAyFL is everywere i am a little worried about this i no we were the same a league "heartland". But i dont see it going anywere i would rather see a Camberra, Second Melbourne, or A South Coast Team or even a Tassie team that how worried i am a tassie team :-X .

The players are gunna be stuffed from the heat and humity.
And half of the season is in the wet season so there will be alot of game called off at this time of the year.
And i no its a bit late but never been the didnt know how bad it was and now been the im a little bit worried.

What everyone thoughts??

kevrenor

Rocket Ronaldo Blair said:
.... up there i didnt see one Football ground. League and gAyFL is everywere

......... The players are gunna be stuffed from the heat and humidity.
And half of the season is in the wet season so there will be a lot of games called off at this time of the year ....

How did you tell they were AFL or League grounds? Do they keep their posts up over summer? No cricket?

Yes, FFA should ensure that they get night games but the downside is someone has to get Sunday arvo.  As for the wet ... that can happen in NSW and Brisbane/Gold Coast too so nothing that new. As long as their groundkeeper is better than Bluetounge's the rain should keep it grassed.

With an extra game each week, I presume it will be Friday pm, Saturday arvo, Saturday night, Sunday Arvo, Sunday night for Fox.

serious14

They could even keep the same system now with the 5/6pm game in NSW over summer, then 8pm NSW, 7pm Brisbane/Gold Coast time to keep with TV patterns, and then a "late night" game kicking off at 10pm (9pm in North QLD) for TV, leading straight into EPL......

Triple header of A-League.  And even if this is done on a Saturday, they still have a QLD game for the Sunday (if the draw pans out as such - if not, they can still do a double, and then factor in Wellington and Perth for the other day).

FFC Mariner

I dont think their location or the fact that it is NRL/GayFL territory that will hurt them, it is their recruitment.

I'm thinking a Perth in seasons 1- 4.5 rather than NZ Knights though.

dru

Personally I think it will work, crowds may not be great when first starting but neither were ours. Fergie will go a long way of making it work by using the same formula that was used on with the Mariners. I dare say you didn't talk to any football people while you were up there but I think the enthusiasm for the team will be immense in the North Queensland area. I dare say there will be a traveling contingent from Mackay for most games if the response to the Mariners playing in Mackay is anything to go by.

I wouldn't be surprised if a mining company got involved in sponsoring them.

Still a lot of small shit towns up that way.

serious14

kevrenor said:
11pm finish is a little late for families ... unless it was delayed and they haven't done that yet (or have they?)

Hmmmm - if they just go with NSW kickoff times at 5, 7, and 9, thus being 6 and 8 in QLD that could work.  But seriously, I don't think people realise how ridiculous the North QLD heat is, even at night-time.  I was up there for a week back in 2000, and to this day, I still have f*cked up areas on both my shoulders that got sunburnt THROUGH THE SHIRT and went all gelatinous.

I know the Roos have played in these temps in the Middle East and all, but there's not that much humidity there - that regularly tops 90% in summer up Townsville way.  Obviously that won't be an issue in the early rounds, but I just hope the FFA don't be silly about this....... e.g.  when we were in Melbourne in November it was single figure temperatures and _pouring_ rain - say we then were away to the Fury the next week, and it was mid 30's and 85% humidity?? 

dru

serious14 said:
But seriously, I don't think people realise how ridiculous the North QLD heat is, even at night-time.  I was up there for a week back in 2000, and to this day, I still have f*cked up areas on both my shoulders that got sunburnt THROUGH THE SHIRT and went all gelatinous.

Your just soft though

BAD BULLZ

dru said:
serious14 said:
But seriously, I don't think people realise how ridiculous the North QLD heat is, even at night-time.  I was up there for a week back in 2000, and to this day, I still have f*cked up areas on both my shoulders that got sunburnt THROUGH THE SHIRT and went all gelatinous.

Your just soft though

TBF

marinermick

serious14 said:
kevrenor said:
11pm finish is a little late for families ... unless it was delayed and they haven't done that yet (or have they?)
I still have f*cked up areas on both my shoulders that got sunburnt THROUGH THE SHIRT and went all gelatinous.

mmm, gelatinous shoulders and fungal feet

serious14

marinermick said:
serious14 said:
kevrenor said:
I still have f*cked up areas on both my shoulders that got sunburnt THROUGH THE SHIRT and went all gelatinous.

mmm, gelatinous shoulders and fungal feet

And that crotch thing from Thailand.......

Moral of the story??  STAY OUT OF THE TROPICS!!!!

Auburn Mariner

Remember, that part of the world has A LOT of Italian descendants (a la Steve Corica & Frank Farina). They will be fine. AND IT'S NOT GayFL, you muppets!!! Come and play a game with me, ONCE, and tell me it is soft. Actually, are Kareem & keensy available  ;D.....

9pm in summer is fine, don't see too much of a family problem. Also, they could look at two Friday Night games OR a Monday Night special, as is done in the EPL.

Sunburnt through the shirt, I'd say bollocks EXCEPT it happened to me at Brunswick Heads one day. Brunswick pub, mmmmmmmmmm, sun, ridiculous.

Blair

kevrenor said:
How did you tell they were AFL or League grounds? Do they keep their posts up over summer? No cricket?

As for the wet ... that can happen in NSW and Brisbane/Gold Coast too so nothing that new..

No crickets not huge either prob get heat stoke ahah, but the post were up and u can see what usually a football ground by the sign out the front.

And unlike Brissy they have a intense wet season have a look at the news about townsville and it just a Urban Lake.

dru said:

Yer but  Mineing is going d
                                o
                                  w
                                      n ahah
Auburn Mariner said:
AND IT'S NOT GayFL, you muppets!!! Come and play a game with me, ONCE, and tell me it is soft. Actually, are Kareem & keensy available  ;D .....
Didnt say i think it is soft just gay  ;D

dru said:
I dare say you didn't talk to any football people while you were up there but I think the enthusiasm for the team will be immense in the North Queensland area.
My Uncle and fam live in townsville (yess never been to his house he very happy we finally came) anyway, he said that there aint a big football background. He has 5 children 3 play league, 1 netball and 1 gAyFL. But if it works i will be happy anything to turn this country into a football nation

serious14

Auburn Mariner said:
Sunburnt through the shirt, I'd say bollocks EXCEPT it happened to me at Brunswick Heads one day. Brunswick pub, mmmmmmmmmm, sun, ridiculous.

Have any of my stories ever been an out and out lie??  Ridiculous exaggeration perhaps, but outright lying??  Never!!!!  :p

marinersman

dru said:
Personally I think it will work, crowds may not be great when first starting but neither were ours. Fergie will go a long way of making it work by using the same formula that was used on with the Mariners. I dare say you didn't talk to any football people while you were up there but I think the enthusiasm for the team will be immense in the North Queensland area. I dare say there will be a traveling contingent from Mackay for most games if the response to the Mariners playing in Mackay is anything to go by.

Still a lot of small shit towns up that way.

I agree with Brett. I've spent a lot of time up there (I'm involved in agri business) and I can tell you there is a very large participation and following of Football from talking to alot of people up there. There's a passion for Football that's there. Sure the eggheads are number one but they are everywhere in NSW and QLD.

As well as Farina and Corica, they've produced Michael Thwaite, Tahj Minniecon and Wayne Shroj and Christiano Ronaldo and Del Perio (just checking to see if you're still reading).

I think given time it'll work and work well. Could well turn out to be another CCM.

fedelta

Auburn Mariner said:
AND IT'S NOT GayFL, you muppets!!! Come and play a game with me, ONCE, and tell me it is soft. Actually, are Kareem & keensy available  ;D.....

can you even run?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred