• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

'Non Central Coast" Mariners

bikinigirl

Ursus said:
Yellowbeard said:
Turnbull & Gorman are worrying me. Seems stupid to try and change a successful club and alienate 90% of the fan base (the central coast).
Same thing with the Bonish signing if they are sticking their noses in as has been suggested elsewhere. Let Lawrie do his job.
It might be their money, but it's our team...

You let some unsubstantiated rumors start to worry you about what is probably the best management in the A-League. ::)

I worry more about how most are easily influenced by rumor and innuendo rather than solid facts, not only on this board but in the general population. :p

Keep reading the Telegraph, listening to talk back radio and watching commercial tv and remain frightened.  :mad:

I suggest you leave a light on while sleeping if you are afraid of the dark.  ;)

. but these rumours are often how public/popular opinion is formed/canvassed

. if people don't comment on them, then who knows?

. and i am not suggesting that any of these rumours originated from the mariners

Jesus

Jesus
The FFA initially said to the mariners they had to have CC in the name.
After the difference between wellington, and NZ, would be hard to persuade FFA otherwise.

It is one thing for a club to outgrow, eg aresenal. But another thing for what is esentially a start up club to swith. Given the growth of the team, i dont see it happening. But, with the promotion/relegation system coming in eventually, I would see it as poor management if the club was not throwing around ideas to keep the club a big club, and in the first division.

scottmac

Suspended
It wouldn't matter what they were called to me. I will always be yellow and navy (unless there is a change and then i will become the next colour) untill i die.

serious14

scottmac said:
It wouldn't matter what they were called to me. I will always be yellow and navy (unless there is a change and then i will become the next colour) untill i die.

So if we had to (for whatever unforseeable reason) undergo an NBA-style move to North West W.A., and were renamed the North West Mariners, you'd be right behind them??  :p

scottmac

Suspended
Damn right i would. They are my team no matter where, who or what! I may not be able to support home games but i would support them from afar always. The key to your question which gives away your allegiance is the word "we". If you were not a mariner to the core you would not take ownership like that. If they moved im betting you would support them too.

serious14

Nup.  As far as I'm concerned - the _Central Coast_ Mariners belong right here, on the Central Coast, where we began.  Any move to another location, franchise style, would be the biggest slap in the face any sport in this region would ever receive, and would destroy any support I ever had for a Mariners team, because it would not be the Central Coast Mariners I know and love, that play at Central Coast Stadium.  That cannot be debated.

Half the reason I love the team so much is because it is a Central Coast team, and the Central Coast is my adopted home.  It's not some BS Northern Eagles style hybrid.  Simple.

You just have to look at the laughable diatribe being thrown around re: the proposal to have South Sydney become the Central Coast Rabbitohs.  100 years of tradition, thrown away, for what??  A move 80km north.  I know of many a Rabbitohs supporter who would rather have the club die than to have it be from somewhere else.

Can you honestly, deep down, say that if the Mariners moved to Broome (just as an example), and changed their name, that you would feel the attachment to them that you do now??

scottmac

Suspended
It must just be that i have lived on the coast for 25 years that i am willing to support a team in another region. So used to being screwed by sporting organizations that this point doesn't faze me. Don't get me wrong, i would be upset, but it wouldn't stop me supporting my team. Put yourself in this scenario. Survival meant relocation. What would you do. Support another team? The scum? The Bling? Forget football alltogether in Aus?

:popcorn:

serious14

scottmac said:
Forget football alltogether in Aus?

Hardly - I've waited too long and put up with too much shit to ditch it..... but I couldn't in good conscience support a _renamed_/refranchised team that wasn't from here anymore. 

However, survival meaning relocation is slightly different to that.  ;)

Paolo

scottmac said:
It must just be that i have lived on the coast for 25 years that i am willing to support a team in another region. So used to being screwed by sporting organizations that this point doesn't faze me. Don't get me wrong, i would be upset, but it wouldn't stop me supporting my team. Put yourself in this scenario. Survival meant relocation. What would you do. Support another team? The scum? The Bling? Forget football alltogether in Aus?

:popcorn:
what if the central coast mariners moved and became the Broome Mariners, whilst a new Central Coast franchise started here. Still be the mariners fan?

scottmac

Suspended
I wouldn't feel the same attachment, but that is not the question. They are my team and there will be no other.
keensy said:
what if the central coast mariners moved and became the Broome Mariners, whilst a new Central Coast franchise started here. Still be the mariners fan?

::) Did you not read the previous posts? It wouldn't be the mariners would it?

Paolo

scottmac said:
I wouldn't feel the same attachment, but that is not the question. They are my team and there will be no other.
keensy said:

yes they would....they relocated to broome. Then a new franchised started on the coast

scottmac

Suspended
keensy said:
scottmac said:
keensy said:

yes they would....they relocated to broome. Then a new franchised started on the coast

I will spell it out for you because it seems as though your missing it.
I support the mariners.
If they moved i would support the mariners.
If the name changed i would support the team originally known as the mariners.
If another coast team started on the coast i would sit in the away bay at bluetounge and support the mariners or whatever they were called.

Ursus

scottmac said:
keensy said:
scottmac said:
keensy said:

I support the mariners.
If another coast team started on the coast i would sit in the away bay at bluetounge and support the mariners or whatever they were called.

I understand.
Just like I still support Northern Spirit.

"Still hate the Bob Stand....."
"Hendo, Hendo, Hendo......"
"Shake it up baby.........."

Ahh, the memories, there will always be a part of Spirit on the Coast.

Especially the Scottish connection.  Ethnicity still rules, ok. ;)

Paolo

scottmac said:
keensy said:
scottmac said:
keensy said:

I support the mariners.
ok tiger
i was just throwing another twist into it to see if you would still give the same response

MrCelery

Arabmariner said:
You only have to look at "SUPER 14" rugby to see what a stupid idea this is.

Sharks v Stormers, Hurricanes v Force etc.

No one knows where the hell any of the teams are from.Not that we care anyway but you get the point!

:redcard:

Best post so far. Exactly. A dinner I attended involving about 10 football fans discussed this the other day, and that's the conclusion we all reached.

Shite idea. Full stop.

scottmac

Suspended
keensy said:
scottmac said:
keensy said:
scottmac said:
keensy said:

I support the mariners.
ok tiger
i was just throwing another twist into it to see if you would still give the same response

glad we understand each other.

midfielder

Whoever said to drop the Central Coast from our club  :fireup:......... should be sent to doctor to see if they are hearing voices in there head ............ sent back to the Choppers marketing department ...... maybe a bit extreme but tied to the back of a train at Gosford and dragged to Hornsby.

COMMUNITY BASED MODEL THE PRIDE OF THE LEAGUE OR BETTER STILL THE CENTRAL COAST AUSTRALIAS CENTRE OF FOOTBALL EXCELLENCE.The train idea is sounding good right now but all the way to Central bugger Hornsby.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred