• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

New striker???

MagpieMariner

Did you see Kwassie's shot when through on goal and under little pressure? Dreadful. Even Disco would have done better.

Of the four strikers we have McBreen and Simon are the best option in my opinion.

Dunno about that, I was at SFS last year when Disco stuffed up a wide open goal with Bolton on his arse off to the side.
I thought Kwassie's strike against Perth wasn't too bad.

Muppet

I wish. Bills have to paid somehow.

Anyhoo, said striker is on his way home. Didn't cut the mustard.

Good to see that they are being ruthless in their search. I would hate to see some hack. I do remember when we initially signed Aloisi on a guest stint (was it a guest stint?) and the buzz that generated. Hopefully we can find someone of his earlier calibre who can put bums on seats and find the back of the net.

T

Good to see that they are being ruthless in their search. I would hate to see some hack. I do remember when we initially signed Aloisi on a guest stint (was it a guest stint?) and the buzz that generated. Hopefully we can find someone of his earlier calibre who can put bums on seats and find the back of the net.

Aloisi was signed as an injury replacement for Osman I think.... not certain though. It started the big controversy about signing a like player for a like player for injury replacment.

marinermick

Aloisi was signed as an injury replacement for Osman I think.... not certain though. It started the big controversy about signing a like player for a like player for injury replacment.

detinitely an injury replacement

we don't have the dollars for a similar signing these days

Nik Mrdjas Disco Bikkie

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/ex-socceroo-danny-allsopp-leaves-dc-united-after-just-one-season-with-the-mls-club-in-the-usa/story-e6frf423-1225954135613

Danny Allsopp, yes or no (ignoring the $$ factor)

Forum Phoenix

As Scottmac says we need a different style to Alsopp. He is probably a better finisher than Simon but Simon definitely contributes more in general play.

midfielder

This guy could be the answer to our problem...its from the Asian games quarterfinal Uzbekistan vs Qatar ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyNdt9yVugk

scoober

Is it out of the question to approach jeffers about coming on board next season?

i think he looks a notch above in the two games he's played. would fit well alongside matty or big mac. skill vision and gets in goal scoring positions.

a budget marquee maybe. i dont know what coin he would be asking though??????? can we afford him?? maybe not

scoober

my initial question was to see if we had the ability to approach jeffers for next year. i agree in the short term replacement is a no goer, next year is a fresh start and there will be a few players that wont be back from this year. also it is well known that arnold wants a small mobile striker.... hence i proposed we approach jeffers, who in my opinion would fit well if we can afford him.

Muppet

My philosophy's completely different to yours - I like to see our players develop, and take great pride when they succeed. If we're the underdog, that suits me - it increases the sense of satisfaction when we win.

The idea of continuously looking for better players cannot be conducive to getting our current players to perform to their best. They already have enough incentive with the prospect of being dropped to the bench, or worse.

I'll live with the team that's picked before the season begins - the idea of winning by bringing in players as we go could breed disloyalty and resentment, with consequent bad results. (If I had my way, we wouldn't be bringing in short-term replacements either).

I think you may have misinterpreted my comments. What I am saying is that there needs to be new blood injected into the team, and you are right, at the end of the season. I think that it would be generally agreed that our front line is not where is should be. I can't complain with the amount of goals we are scoring, but the question remains how many of them are coming from our strikers? That's what we pay them for, to bang them in the back of the net. As I have said previously we need a creative striker, not a bull at a gate striker.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred